: Kill Story: STI

drivered
09-26-05, 01:24 PM
Everything I have heard about those things are that they are supposed to be pretty fast, plus you don't know what they got in them. I was getting to a toll booth on the Xpressway and we both got out at the same time. I hit it and to show him I was interested and to get over, I had to get off real quick. He followed. We both got off and merged onto Roosevelt road (for you Chicago guys) and he was right behind me. I hit it and so did he(from 2nd, RPMs around 3000). He started off behind and I pulled big time through 3rd and 4th. I think he let off when he was at least 10 car lengths. I slowed down to let him catch up and I gave :thumbsup: and he yells "what the hell is in the thing?, how much horse?. That thing kicks ass! Especially for a Caddy."
Was a good time.

rand49er
09-26-05, 01:34 PM
NICE kill! ... got any graphics :histeric: ?

rand49er
09-26-05, 01:42 PM
(just kidding about the graphics ... :D ) My buddy has an STI, and IT IS FAST! Plus, it's nice to hear of another driver who got whupped saying positive things ... good kill story :thumbsup: .

Slywun
09-26-05, 02:13 PM
He must not have had the Carbon Fiber Pedal upgrade, you would have been toast then....

(Ok that was bad...............my other car has a carbon fiber hood)

kimcheejeegae
09-26-05, 02:49 PM
NICE kill! ... got any graphics :histeric: ?

graphics here...

http://a6world.schwanks.com/misc/STI_KILL.JPG

VELOSE
09-26-05, 03:21 PM
With graphics the story becomes more evident the STI got killed. I like how those K.I.A. souls get surprised.:p

rand49er
09-26-05, 03:41 PM
The kill-story bar is being raised again ... YEAH, BABY! :stirpot:

drivered
09-26-05, 05:47 PM
Nice Graphics! It was almost like you were there.

DrivingAmericanNow
09-26-05, 06:56 PM
Love it! I haven't had a chance to play with one of those STI things yet, but I'm told to beware of the ones with the big stupid looking wing on the back. I'm assuming that's the STI, yes??? Nice work, good to hear!

markbinkc
09-26-05, 07:37 PM
Make sure you do it from a roll-on, never a dead stop. Nice graphics.

Mark

Seattle CTS-V
09-27-05, 01:05 AM
Make sure you do it from a roll-on, never a dead stop. Nice graphics.

Mark

Don't be afraid to race from a dead stop either. Most STI drivers don't dump their clutches at 5k. I've NEVER lost to a stock STI at the drags and I used to run 13.4@106 (not the V). Sure, they put about 3 car lengths on me in the beginning...but they only trap 101-102mph. So halfway down they track I had passed them and kept pulling at 3-4mph faster speeds to beat them by 2-3 car lengths.

CTSV05
09-27-05, 07:31 AM
Nice Kill!!

But be sure its a stock one.

There are 2 at our track that run hi 11s!!!!!! That could be ugly.

ace996
09-27-05, 06:48 PM
With VERY little work, STis can...I can't believe I'm adding to the streetracing/dragracing virus...run in the 12s at 108-110mph. From a dead stop, forget it unless you're committed to pushing past 100mph, 0-60mph is much easier to launch on the STi than the V. Even from a roll, they are no slouches. With the proliferation of modding in the Evo/STi world, I doubt many are box stock.
Nice job, though.

V Amazed
09-27-05, 08:39 PM
yeah, I raced a buddy of mine's STI the first night i had my V haha. I wasnt really planning on racing, and was cruising at 40 in 3rd, and he stepped on it, so i didnt bother downshifting and went for it and took him to 100 leading the entire way. they're not slow cars though, and it doesn't take a lot to make them pretty f'n quick

Ben

99m3
09-27-05, 11:14 PM
Yes,
STI's are fast. I owned an 05 with Cobb tuning downpipe, turboback, and Cobb tune, also added a K&N for fun and a few HP. The car could easily run 12's and they handle great with the awd.
Here is a pic.

DDS rollin a CTS
09-28-05, 12:05 AM
Cant speak for the STI, but I test drove a regular WRX when looking at cars a few months back. I thought it was slow as hell. No power at all until after I had it floored for 4 or 5 secs (yeah, it was an auto). Chose the CTS b/c it had twice the room (I'm 6'4"), and no cheesy plastic scoops or wings (damn ricers). I love this car and the only thing I think I'll ever trade it for is a V in about 4 years when I graduate from school.

drivered
09-28-05, 12:23 PM
I never posted this but I also raced a buddy with an EVO. It was on the highway and I didn't think he was going to race. He pulled out from behind and hits it. I didn't expect it (but didn't want to be in too bad a gear) so I was in 4th. He hits it (we must have been doing about 60), I should have definately been in 3rd, and he starts pulling about next to me. As I was in the wrong gear I had plenty of RPMs to go. I just rode it out in 4th while he was shifting. Once the RPMs got into the useful range I started pulling on him (which by the way he never even got even) and I had him by several car lengths. If I was in the right gear it wouldn't have been close. He did have some mods, I think an intercooler and a computer tuner to change his boost and maybe some other little things. Those 4 bangers don't have the power to keep up at 100 and beyond.