: Need advice on vibration

CadV
09-26-05, 12:40 PM
There have been several threads in which people have compained about vibration in the driveline at speeds between 60-80. When I am in 6th gear and cruising the vibration is pretty bad so much that my rear view mirror is shaking. When I push in the clutch it goes away. Some have replaced the transmission, clutch, flywheel, and diff. I have reached the point where I have multiple problems with the car so the dealer visit is justified.

Refering back to CTSV05 thread here;
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52161&page=2&pp=40&highlight=15793756

I drove some more tonite, and man, this rear is so much quieter, not even the whine, but the backlash slap is absolutely gone!!! I've heard it refered to as parade clunk, nothing-nada.

This is exactly what I have been complaining about to my dealer I originally thought it was my transmission or clutch. My question is I would like for them to start by replacing my diff with the new version (Part #15793756) do you think they will give me any flak?

CadV
09-26-05, 07:19 PM
Bump

Florian
09-26-05, 08:04 PM
flywheel.

F

keeksv
09-26-05, 08:32 PM
Exedy SM flywheel and clutch cured that problem in my car..

ew

CVP33
09-26-05, 09:29 PM
I would've said bent rim until you said it goes away with the clutch in.
I would have to try indexing your driveshaft next. If that fails then look to the trans. I just replaced nearly the whole driveline so of course mine is vibration and clunk free for now. For now. :histeric:

CadV
09-27-05, 02:17 AM
Cool they will prolly try and make me pay for the clutch eh sine it is a wearable item?

I will start with the diff then go to driveshaft then flywheel then clutch.