: Where can I got a good deal on FG2 Shocks ?

talalhz
09-25-05, 06:07 PM
I'm look to buy a FG2 Shock Part# 12499241 for my 05 CTS-V, I just got the Eibach springs and would like to install both in the same time.
PLEASE: Where would you recomend me buying them (other than the dealer, not eBay either).:confused:
write me: talalhz@yahoo.com

talalhz
09-26-05, 06:02 PM
Any recomendation of where to buy ?
I tried GMpartsdirect they are still $$$$$$$$$
HELP a felow CTS-V driver :)
Email me talalhz@yahoo.com

kimcheejeegae
09-26-05, 06:12 PM
I'm look to buy a FG2 Shock Part# 12499241 for my 05 CTS-V, I just got the Eibach springs and would like to install both in the same time.
PLEASE: Where would you recomend me buying them (other than the dealer, not eBay either).:confused:
write me: talalhz@yahoo.com

If you put the eibach lowering springs on the FG2s.. the rear shock will lift back up to stock height...

BTW.. I'll give you my FG2s for free if you buy me Penske Shocks. =)

odysseus
09-26-05, 08:18 PM
You're gonna pay somewhere between $1100 and $1200 for FG2's no matter where you go (other than EBay). I've seen them sell there in the $500 range. You have to be patient though. Several members here have gotten them from a single seller. They're pretty easy to spot since they have purple and black stripes around the label, vs. purple only on the FE4's (or blue on the CTS FE3's).

One word for mixing nivomats and Eibachs . . . . . WildWhl ! Modding them is VERY easy to get the rear down. Using the Eibachs to go 1.6" lower on the front is too low for the street, IMHO. Personally, If I already had FE4's on a stock V, I'd do the complete WildWhl suspension lowering for basically no cost, keeping the stock springs, but 1" lower. The progressive rate Eibach rears are actually a little softer than stock V rear springs, since they're the same part used on the CTS kit. The fronts are stiffer, and progressive rate.

I just converted to FE4's on my CTS Luxury Sport with the CTS (not V) Eibachs. Out of the box they lower 1.2" front and rear. I shimmed mine for about ~1.1" in the rear and ~0.9" lower in front. Now, it looks like it should have from the factory, rides much more firm, (no more Luxury, but all Sport).

talalhz
09-27-05, 02:21 AM
? Stores or website ?