: 99 Lade died on me.

CADILADE
09-25-05, 01:39 PM
Hello, I was wondering if someone can help me.I was on my way home last night,and my lade shut down on the highway while I was driving.It did not give no signs,hesitation,sputter nothing.I did not lose power,just will not turn on.It will turn over,I do hear the fuel pump come on plus all the dash indicators come on.I also did a engine code check,but no codes.I really don't know where to start next.Any info will be very appreciated:(

HUD
09-25-05, 02:01 PM
I had the almost the same problem two months ago. I changed the battery and the dealer changed the ignition switch module. One of the two solved the problem, I think it was the ignition swthch that caused the problem.

CADILADE
09-25-05, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the info,I will look into it.:yup:

Synergetic
09-25-05, 05:50 PM
I was going to suggest the alternator went out? Mine went out in my '02 a month or two ago and when I found it was out, my Escalade turned off including the power steering.

Venom77
09-25-05, 07:41 PM
I'm waiting for my alternator to die, My subs are really giving it a workout, a capacitator would be a beautiful thing right now

hilldo
09-26-05, 02:52 AM
Alternator or battery... mine's doing the same thing right now... it's been a loose positive connection on the battery. I had a new battery put in last fall and they said they do not have many problems with the alternators going out.

I boosted my subs and watched the voltage meter and saw no huge fluctuation so I think in my case it is the connection... still I'll have the battery tested tomorrow.