: Why is it...

c5 rv
11-29-03, 02:39 AM
Why is it wives go nuts when you use the terms "kitchen counter" and "motor oil" in the same sentence?

Ralph
11-29-03, 02:52 AM
LOL. Well because oil is dirty, the kitchen counter is probably white and you eat off it. :shhh:

Deep Sleep
11-29-03, 03:04 AM
Wait till she finds your Holly carb parts in the dishwasher, But it did get them nice and clean. hehehe.... :histeric: after all, cooking oil is oil right?? :histeric:

bob2231
11-29-03, 09:01 AM
Why is it wives go nuts when you use the terms "kitchen counter" and "motor oil" in the same sentence? I don't know, but the same thing happens when you connect baby bottle brush and throttle body.

elwesso
11-29-03, 11:00 AM
:histeric:

Wow.... At my house its more like why doesnt ATF and garage floor mix....

Stoneage_Caddy
11-29-03, 12:08 PM
one day my tranny will make it into the bathtub , that should give mom a coronary

eehoepp
11-29-03, 04:38 PM
Why is it wives go nuts when you use the terms "kitchen counter" and "motor oil" in the same sentence?

Same reason husbands go nuts when wives use the term "oil light" and "drove home" in the same sentence. :banghead:

ljklaiber
11-29-03, 04:46 PM
When I was first married, I built Flattrack racing motorcycles in the kitchen of a small apartment. One night my young wife said.."I can,t even eat with that damn thing staring at me!" Over the years there has been a lot of motor oil in the kitchen. "Mama..don't let yer babies grow up to be Gearheads!" :rolleyes2

kcnewell
11-29-03, 11:40 PM
For many years I built all of my motorcycle engines in the kitchen. If the wife/girlfriend/pain in the ass didn't like it.....The door swings both ways! Now I have a very nice shop at home and at one of my businesses so I don't have to be as firm about the house rules. But! Engines ( And vehicles ) are still king around here.

Mad'lac
11-30-03, 12:37 AM
lol Well I am building a 2 1/2 car garage at the ranch this coming Spring and one of the things I got planned for it is a kitchen. You be surprise how easy parts are to work with once you heat them up in a stove. And that sink is handy to have around too. One thing for sure....in my garage....I am King!!!

BTW KC.....I noticed you got a T-bucket roadster....any chance of you showing me a photo of it? I love T-buckets but have a special place in my heart for the '23 T-buckets and when I got the cash I plan on building one with a 472 Cad V8. Something diff. ya know.

kcnewell
11-30-03, 11:58 AM
BTW KC.....I noticed you got a T-bucket roadster....any chance of you showing me a photo of it? I love T-buckets but have a special place in my heart for the '23 T-buckets and when I got the cash I plan on building one with a 472 Cad V8. Something diff. ya know.

I'm in the throes of building it right now.....'23-T with a 400 S/B in it( Not gonna waste money puttin' a Furd motor in it? ) I'll try to post some pics of the process but I'm terrible about keeping photographic records of my obsessions.