: Sweet! just do it!

bobwhat
09-24-05, 01:43 PM
Picked up the "V" after having the rear bushing TSB upgrade - "Put a 20 foot p__p stain in the dealerís driveway when I left." Words can't even begin to tell you'll what a difference it makes to the car, get it done now! Iím driving what I was thinking; I bought in the first place. An F__ing Hot Rod. I put 275-40 / 245-45 GS-D3 Goodyear Eagles on her to replace the run craps (which were slicks at 8200 miles) and allthough a lot softer and without the crisp turning I still am very happy with the change.

While it was there at Nabors Cadillac in Costa Mesa, CA they also gave me a free oil change, a free tail light lenses and a free replacement front air dam rubber (yeah I know donít pull all the way up to the curb) all under warranty. With all of the complaints about dealers on this site I thought it would be good to give a high five to a really good Cadillac Dealer.
:worship:

CVP33
09-24-05, 04:40 PM
I agree. Bushings offer "some" improvement. BTW - GSD3's are on sale right now at Tire Rack and Discount Tire.

Slywun
09-24-05, 08:39 PM
Still on the fence about this, but - with posts like this - I'm swaying towards getting it done. I haven't had too much trouble with wheel hop (maybe not driving it aggressively enough), and the my dealer states it will comprimise ride quality.

51PHFTY
09-24-05, 08:43 PM
Still on the fence about this, but - with posts like this - I'm swaying towards getting it done. I haven't had too much trouble with wheel hop (maybe not driving it aggressively enough), and the my dealer states it will comprimise ride quality.

I also do not do a lot of hard launches which would cause the wheel hop, however, I had the update done (just cause I wanted the car "right") and feel no difference in the ride at all.

Marty

urbanski
09-24-05, 09:03 PM
and the my dealer states it will comprimise ride quality.
your dealer is wrong
find another one and get it done

wildwhl
09-24-05, 09:24 PM

Urby is right - find another dealer. Zero degradation in ride quality. Slight noise increase? Possibly - but the rightis not degraded - I promise.

Jonbbas
09-25-05, 02:29 AM
Nice to hear that Nabers is a good dealership...

I had been planning to buy my 06 V from them, and this just cements my decision.

09-25-05, 08:06 AM
Nice post. It's good to know that the list of good dealers seems to be growing, though sadly not at the rate as the list of "bad" dealers.

mcarter
09-25-05, 09:24 AM
May I ask about your rear 275's, do they work well on the stock rim? Are they contained by the wheel wells?

Thanks, Mike

bobwhat
09-25-05, 12:29 PM
The 275's fit fine on the stock rims and they stick out just enough to look nasty! I'm sure when the rainy season gets here I'll have some scratches on the quarter panels from the road debris kick-up but the car handles great.

lasstss
09-25-05, 03:49 PM
I also do not do a lot of hard launches which would cause the wheel hop, however, I had the update done (just cause I wanted the car "right") and feel no difference in the ride at all.

Marty

Wheel hop is not relagated to just dry launch. The axle likes to dance around in the rain also and its a lot easier. If the dealer does the bushing install free do it.

If you have to pay for it, get the specter bushings instead, its a better part.

alcast082
09-25-05, 11:43 PM
how much are the 275 gsd3????

CVP33
09-26-05, 07:34 PM
I dunno.

http://www.tirerack.com/