Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Tabs on Heated / Cooled cup holders

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ridesguy 
#1 ·
I am going to do this mod over the next few days. I have the wiring part down, but the removal/replacement of the woodgrain trim (instead of the Platinum trim) has me a little stumped.

I read the few threads on here about making the swap, and see the 6 little mushroom capped stakes that need to be heated or drilled out. However, once that is done, how does the heated / cooled cupholder itself mount to the old woodgrain trim? Glue? Epoxy? Back on the stakes (do they still stick through the holes if drilled out or melted?)?

Can anyone who has done this mod offer a little advice on that part?

Thanks!

#3 ·
I'm about to do the mod - got the heated / cooled platinum cup asm today. I want to swap the brushed aluminum for my woodgrain. Quantum, did you ever post how you did the mod with pics? I have a 2009 and the assembly has a date of 2013. Did you wire the same way as suggested in a few of the other posts? No one had pics of anything - just what it looked like afterwards. I don't want to mess up my woodgrain - as I just got a new one. I bought the SUV used and the original was pretty scratched up.

#5 ·
Better question! Where are you finding the assembly? I tried amazon and ebay with zero luck. I was just discussing this with the wife, we test drove a 2011 and it had the option. Its more of a novelty but seems like it might be beneficial on the cold morning for keeping the joe warm!

#9 ·
I've done this mod to my truck several years ago. After you heat up the tabs to remove the lower section, you will have to cut out the push buttons for the heated/ cooled controls on the wood grain assembly. Then you can epoxy the tabs back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.