Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Will base 2.5 wheels fit on a 2.0T?

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  PetrolHead 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a set of summer wheels and tires for track/auto-x and I discovered that the base 2.5 wheels are actually a different design than the 2.0T 17" wheels. They have flat straight spokes, and a bit more concavity at the hub, which I actually prefer to the stock 2.0T wheels. The measurements are the same (17x8), but I can't find offset measurements, though they look the same. I'm wondering if anyone knows if there might be clearance issues with the front brakes? I'd love to pick up a cheap set of base wheels that nobody wants to mount sticky wide summer tires on.

This base:

Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Spoke Auto part

vs this 2.0T base:

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Wheel

See less See more
#4 ·
It's not the bolt pattern I'm concerned about, it's the clearance for the front brake caliper.

Why not pick up a set of lightweight rims from Tire Rack? I picked up a set of alloys for my winter wheels/tires for a lot less than any set of stock take-off wheels would run.
I looked into it. The only lightweight wheels available for our cars that I could find on tirerack that don't look chintzy (to me) are OZ Ultraleggeras, and while I'd love a set...$275/wheel is way more than I'd spend on a set of take-off base wheels which would likely include TPMS. Additionally, Tire rack charges an obscene $250 (or so) for TPMS. When I could get a set for $100 on eBay, it's hard to justify.

What wheels did you get?

#6 ·
Right. Brembo (or any opposed piston caliper, really) takes up more outward space than basic floating piston calipers. I assume that's why the 2.0T wheels are different from the base wheels, which is a shame because I really like the looks better. I'd prefer not to run spacers if possible.

#7 ·
Right. Brembo (or any opposed piston caliper, really) takes up more outward space than basic floating piston calipers. I assume that's why the 2.0T wheels are different from the base wheels, which is a shame because I really like the looks better. I'd prefer not to run spacers if possible.
Not sure, but I wouldn't assume this. If I'm paying extra $$ for the 2.0T, I would want distinct wheels too. It's just that customer's opinion of which ones are "nicer" sometimes differ from the designers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.