: New V Owner !

SilverV
09-23-05, 02:10 PM
Picked up an platinum 04 V w/7K miles last weekend :)

Love the car so far, much more fun than my previous daily driven Yukon. I have had my share of C5's with 2 Z06's and an FRC, and this thing seems to be the most fun so far. My only complaints are the car needs more HP and less wheel hop.

I slapped a Corsa cat back on last night, and absolutely love it. The kit fits perfect, and sounds great, its also barely noticeable while cuising down the freeway. I highly recomend this kit if anyone is looking for a Cat-Back set-up.

Other goodies I have ordered and are on the way include a Volant CAI, Eibachs, and UUC shifter. Getting it tuned at a local shop next week and hopefully after these few mods it wil put me at about 365 ish RWHP.

Anyone tried any of the BMR products to help wheel hop, I have heard mixed results so far ?

Slywun
09-23-05, 02:15 PM
Welcome

RobzBLKV
09-23-05, 02:28 PM
Welcome, congrats, and I am sorry you bought a slow color. :p

heavymetals
09-23-05, 02:32 PM
WELCOME!

Get a maggie and then you can give those black "V's" something to worry about!:lildevil:

kjr39
09-23-05, 03:04 PM
Congrats!

Kadonny
09-23-05, 05:06 PM
Do the GM TSB bushing intsall before you go BMR. Lots of people have had great success with it.

msheri01
09-23-05, 05:20 PM
That would be my suggestion. We are doing a bushing install on one with BMR next week, so will let you know what the owner has to say about change.

rand49er
09-23-05, 05:23 PM
Need more HP? Keep reading this forum ... there's lots more to be had; it's all a function of $. :bouncy: Personally, though I'd LOVE a maggie, I'd be strung up by my left one by my VERY lovely wife :hide: , but I do plan on a Volant CAI then go the StealthV tune route. If I'm not mistaken, this should be about 45-ish more HP.;) That's plenty for this old man. The guy you gotta follow here is BliTzer ... he's going for 700 or something like that.:devil:

heavymetals
09-23-05, 06:02 PM
Oh cmon!

You can put a maggie in and the wife will never know the difference unless she opens the hood or drives in the car or checks the balance of the bank account!:histeric:

Parker
09-24-05, 05:41 AM
Sup B-Rad!!!

SilverV
09-24-05, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys ! Not really sure which route I am going to take to get more HP, would like to solve the wheel hop issue first and get all the appearance and basic bolt on mods completed :)

ntechnic
09-24-05, 07:39 PM
Welcome, and enjoy the car. Run, don't walk to your nearest dealer and get the GM IRS cradle bushings, huge improvement in wheel hop.

Lots of engine goodies for hp junkies. Maggie is obviously popular, hard to argue with that huge under the curve improvement. N/A route has good options too, head work and cams can do wonders.

Again, enjoy!

Harley Guy
09-25-05, 12:24 PM
Welcome. Kind of thinking about the Volant CAI and Stealth tune my self. What is the soucre for the Volant and what are you paying? I have a Corsa and love that sweet sound. Even with the cost of gas today, I can stay off the loud peddle.:sneaky:

rand49er
09-25-05, 02:20 PM
Kind of thinking about the Volant CAI and Stealth tune my self. What is the soucre for the Volant and what are you paying?
www.proficientperformance.com (http://www.proficientperformance.com) $310 with free shipping.