Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Creaking sound from front end

24K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  mlwconst 
#1 ·
Low speed creaking noise going over mild bumps. Can reproduce by bouncing the front end. Sound coming from tops of shock towers on both sides. Sprayed some silicone on top of rubber shock cover and around control arm bushings with no change. Car has 44k miles, otherwise rides/drives fine. Fair amount of city miles on crappy roads.

Is this an early sign the shocks are going? No oil leak per se but one shock has minimal oil coating (which is normal per GM service bulletin)

#3 ·
It sounds like your control arm bushings!! I don't know sometimes you can grease them I don't know if Cadillac Escalade has a grease fitting sometimes you just have to replace them don't have that problem yet!! Spraying silicones does nothing!!
The grease needs to go inside the bushing maybe you could use a syringe to inject it!!
It also could be your swaybar bushings!!

hope this helps!!

#4 ·
Hi cutterman and darkchocosinger,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this creaking in the front end of your Escalade. I see that you are looking to the forum for some feedback on resolving the issue. If you decide that you may want to go the dealership route, please PM me and I would be happy to contact them on your behalf.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

#7 ·
Problem resolved at the dealer, but wasn't easy.

First they said it was from my aftermarket sway bar, then they said they couldnt hear the noise after they supposedly disconnected the sway bar link. I could easily hear it when I bounced the front end, but in order to warrant repair it has to be audible when you are in the car.

So I took it home and removed one of the sway bar links. Noise still there. Brought it back to the dealer with link off an hour later and had to drive a tech around the parking lot in order to demonstrate the noise.

They replaced one front shock and a bad shock bushing on the other side, all under warranty. Problem solved.

#9 ·
rnkath08 said:
hmm....wonder how long it's under warranty...I still have the GMPP on mine.....and am getting that intermittent creak as well
do it soon I had the same problem with my truck last year and I have the GMPP and they told me it wasn't covered they gave me an estimate of $1400 for one shock. So I went online and bought two front shocks and replaced both myself for under $500

#14 ·
I have a 2014 cts with an annoying squeak when I go over speed bumps. They replaced the strut stops and after they did that to no avail they added to the paperwork that I had aftermarket wheels. I know darn well is not a tire rub. Dos anyone have any idea how I can prove this short of purchasing another set of cad wheels and tires to show them it still squeaks with oem wheels and tires.

Thanks in advance, my names Mike by the way. I've bought new, every gen of cts (3) since they started making them.
03, 08, 14.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.