Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Clicking sound from drivers side tire - Video Included

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
So my local dealership replace the lower ball joints in my driver side tire after finding a lot of play in them. I had been hearing deep thudding/clunking sounds when going over bumps and had some abnormal tire wear on that tire.

Well after they installed the new ball joints, I didn't notice anything intially.....later yesterday evening (same day they replaced them) I start hearing the clicking noise you hear in this video.

Any idea what this could be? Dealership told me to bring it back Monday, but wanted to see if anyone here had any insight.

It happens when I hit the brakes, when I don't hit the brakes...hell I heard it when I got out of the truck and then heard it by stepping on the running board.

#2 ·
So my local dealership replace the lower ball joints in my driver side tire after finding a lot of play in them. I had been hearing deep thudding/clunking sounds when going over bumps and had some abnormal tire wear on that tire.

Well after they installed the new ball joints, I didn't notice anything intially.....later yesterday evening (same day they replaced them) I start hearing the clicking noise you hear in this video.

Any idea what this could be? Dealership told me to bring it back Monday, but wanted to see if anyone here had any insight.

It happens when I hit the brakes, when I don't hit the brakes...hell I heard it when I got out of the truck and then heard it by stepping on the running board.
Hello IgotGAME,

I apologize that you are experiencing this clicking sound shortly after your recent ball joint replacement. I know that you are looking for feedback from the forum and plan on going back to the dealership Monday. If you feel you require an additional layer of assistance in addressing this issue, please feel free to PM me and we can further discuss your concerns.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.