: With any luck, QA1's w/Eibach's tomorrow!

rgd
09-22-05, 11:44 AM
Ok, there have been many threads about lowering the V with FG2's, CTS stock shocks, cut springs, mods other mods and.......

With a little luck tomorrow night or Saturday sometime I will continue this thought and thread after I install my QA1 Shocks and Eibach Springs.

At the end of the day tomorrow I hope I look like this, :cool2: and not this :want: :hmm: :bonkers: :annoyed: :banghead: !

99m3
09-23-05, 11:16 AM
Please keep us posted, my Eibachs will be installed next week.

DeVillish
09-23-05, 06:42 PM
where'd you get them and how much?? They are adjustable right?

BlackDog!
09-23-05, 11:41 PM
where'd you get them and how much?? They are adjustable right?

Whoa! Nice avitar! Is that you...:yup:

verbs
09-24-05, 12:27 AM
Please tell me you aren't combining either the pro kit or sportline Eibachs with QA1s....

DeVillish
09-24-05, 12:38 AM

no...now about those shocks?

LittleB
09-24-05, 12:38 AM

That would be me LOL, he just uses my pic as an avatar!! :D :thumbsup: :yup:

rgd
09-26-05, 07:24 AM
Devillish, to answer your questions I paid $1,210 delivered and they are 12 way adjustable. Where did I get them, I'll will tell you tomorrow after I re-negotiate for all the pain and suffering I have gone thru getting them and getting them without some of the various needed (promised) things/info to complete the install.

Verbs, I would like to tell you I was not putting QA1's on my car wrapped in and/or next too Eibachs, but I would be lying.

:banghead: It's a fricken bitch being so green when it comes to all this. Since I wrote this post, prior to that actually, I started to figure out that the combination (Eibachs and QA1's) is like drinking a glass of Boons Farm Strawberry Hill with a Grain Fed for (365 plus days) 16oz New York steak. The problem is/was I already had the wine (Eibachs). Impatient :bonkers: that I am I didn't want to wait.

Live n learn, "again"! Oh well, I still don't have a performance update because I am waiting for some info from the supplier in a few hrs to complete the install.

Bob

Ps. Devillish, TPiS is where I got them. If you are interested please tell Myron or Eric you got the tip from Bob!

VELOSE
09-26-05, 03:34 PM
I'm patiently waiting to hear what results you have with the look and comfort of that suspension setup. In fact, since you are in the S.F. area, I'd be willing to drive up to your area if you were up to it, for a ride along. I'm really tempted to just blow the $3k on that Mallet Penske coilover setup but, I'd rather wait and see how you do. Hope your suspension install gets resolved soon.

calicadi
09-26-05, 11:20 PM
Yes, waiting for the gory but enlightening details. No one, least of all you rgd, should feel bad about any of this. We're all on the cutting (bleeding?) edge here. Look at all the work WildWhl did.

Waiting for the pics and prices from Moore Motorsports, too.

rgd
09-27-05, 05:29 PM
Ok. The install was fairly easy once I had all the pieces to the puzzle; need to get a 4 wheel align this weekend. As far as ride and performance, the ride is great. Better (smoother) than anticipated! Performance, the jury is not out yet. Last night I went for a cruse at midnight for about an hr. I had a rub or three braking into turns, and one or two from compressions etc. As you can see the front is pretty low. I just cranked the front shocks up one click and took a quick drive. Seems a little tighter with no rub on the fendar, but I am sure it will rub again when I push the car harder. I will keep trying until I get it right, either stiffen it up one more click, or, get another spacer to raise front a 1/4" or so, (most likely fix).
So far I have only driven at about 60/70% car potential, I need to re-tighten everything again after a few more miles, and then I will be able to update the performance a little better.
Overall I am happy, but, I still have my eyes on the lookout for H&R's or other, (more performance oriented) springs.

Thanks,

Bob http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

Ps. VELOSE, I would be happy to let you take a look, even drive the car, if I am having a good hair day that is. Oh Shit! thats right I'm like the smily face guy, no hair. Lol

rgd
09-27-05, 05:32 PM
Ps. That's "fender"! Save someone the trouble.:D

urbanski
09-27-05, 05:50 PM
holy cow she's slammed! lowest V i've seen

VELOSE
09-27-05, 06:49 PM
Bob, this is the best news I've heard. A set of coilovers that are fully adjustable installed on a V. You're on a good path right now. It'll just take some time for you to fine tune the dampening and height. I'll shoot you a private message in a week or so. I want to go for a ride when I know you have it at an optimized setting. ;)

Frank-

ace996
09-27-05, 11:46 PM
Velose,
There is no "coilover" to the shocks...there are Eibachs sitting in the stock location...I think. We do need coilovers, though...and not the overpriced stuff from Mallett.

rgd
10-05-05, 08:20 PM
After some tweeking, (adding spacers) I have a lowered car that does not rub. But I must say the Eibachs suck for what I am after. The springs are not stiff enough to notice any gain in performance. I am sure the QA1 shocks will prove their worth if I can get a stiff spring package. All I can do is keep my eye's :eek: open for better springs!

ace996
10-05-05, 08:35 PM
RGD,
Sounds like our goals are the same - stiffer springs that aren't show/drop/cushy springs. I'm excited for you with the QA1s, they sound as if they are the answer to some's needs. For springs, call Ground Control and speak to Jay. I contacted them a few weeks back to see if they could fab us up some coilover collars that would work with the FG2s and some stiffer springs...I'm looking for 500lbs/in, stocks are 400. I live in Long Island New York and cannot convince the wife to take a cross-country drive to have Jay fit a kit, so we need a Californian to make the visit.
There is a way to do what we need, just nobodys done it yet.
Also, take a look at Hotschkis suspension's sway bars...stiffest bars available for us, they'll help with the lean.

Another note, are the QA1s just rebound adjustable or reb/comp at the same time?

Thanks,
ace996

VELOSE
10-06-05, 12:55 PM
Ace,
If you set it up with Ground Control, I wouldn't mind cruising over and having them take some measurements or for that matter, test fitting a set of springs. Let me know..... :D

ace996
10-06-05, 05:23 PM
Velose,
you just need to contact them and set the date, you know your schedule better than I. Even if they just pull a wheel and look, it'll give them something to work on. Jay or Doug are the contacts. Please help...

VELOSE
10-07-05, 01:25 AM
I'll see what I can do.

rgd
10-07-05, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the input. I will see what I can do with Ground Control. I think the Eibach springs are definetly softer than the stock spring. I have been thinking I might try to get the specs from Eibach (length, size etc) and try to find a set of springs already in production. I am sure there must be a spring that is already out that will fit. Just a thought.

On a side note, I purchased the Kar's cradle (stage III) some time ago. I noticed it helped with the wheel hop 90% plus gone, I also noticed it helped with handling. Tightened up the rear end allot. When I lowered the car I didn't put the cradle back on at the time. Now that I put it back on today I really notice a huge difference in handling. I would give the Kars Cradle my 110% endorsement. For now I donít have it attached to my differential due to warranty issues, but it was money well spent in my opinion!

RGD,
Sounds like our goals are the same - stiffer springs that aren't show/drop/cushy springs. I'm excited for you with the QA1s, they sound as if they are the answer to some's needs. For springs, call Ground Control and speak to Jay. I contacted them a few weeks back to see if they could fab us up some coilover collars that would work with the FG2s and some stiffer springs...I'm looking for 500lbs/in, stocks are 400. I live in Long Island New York and cannot convince the wife to take a cross-country drive to have Jay fit a kit, so we need a Californian to make the visit.
Also, take a look at Hotschkis suspension's sway bars...stiffest bars available for us, they'll help with the lean.

Another note, are the QA1s just rebound adjustable or reb/comp at the same time?

Thanks,
ace996

Geno
10-07-05, 10:23 AM
I think the Eibach springs are definetly softer than the stock spring.

Just a quick question, were your Eibachs for the CTS or the CTS-V? The V Eibachs should be as stiff as the stock springs and they get more firm as they compress since they are progressive. It's hard to believe the CTS-V Eibachs are considerably softer then the stock springs since their compression rating is within 5 pounds, I think.

rgd
10-07-05, 12:57 PM
It was the spring setup for the V. #3825.140

I cant say for sure; it is possible they are the same or very close. Being lowered and rubbing I notice the ride allot more. Not stiff enough for what I want, bottom line!

Just a quick question, were your Eibachs for the CTS or the CTS-V? The V Eibachs should be as stiff as the stock springs and they get more firm as they compress since they are progressive. It's hard to believe the CTS-V Eibachs are considerably softer then the stock springs since their compression rating is within 5 pounds, I think.

ace996
10-07-05, 06:22 PM
Non-race Eibach springs are usually softer in normal driving but do stiffen on compression. We have, for the most part, linear springs and the "feel" is usually different. This is why I am looking to fit a coilover system to the V, to stiffen the springs and have a linear feel.

Help us RGD, you're our only hope....

Vegas V
10-11-05, 06:03 PM
It was the spring setup for the V. #3825.140

is there a way you can privide the part number for the QA1's?? this is an interesting thread.

Jose

rgd
10-12-05, 03:54 PM
A little slow, to answer your question, they are reb/comp adj at the same time.
Calling Jay today.

RGD,

Thanks,
ace996

rgd
10-12-05, 04:03 PM
is there a way you can privide the part number for the QA1's?? this is an interesting thread.

Jose
Hi Jose,
Yes, the closest QA1 part number is (TC3020P)back (TC3010P). The shocks are slightly modified as I understand it, but close to #'s I have listed. These are QA1's Corvette C series shock for Street, Strip and Road Course.
If you go to QA1's website and download their 16plus meg product catalog you will see them on page 55.