: Chicago area deals

Peet
09-22-05, 12:16 AM
Well, as you can tell by my whole 3 posts, I am new to this. I currently have a G35 coupe that is just waaaay to small for me. I test drove a V and am sold. Now comes the hard part, justifying another 15k in price on a four month old G and the inevitable wife noise to follow.

I ask you, hopefully soon fellow owners, what deals are out there today, in Chicago. I am not looking for a program car, nor do i want to ship or travel. I guess I could pick up something in the Cleveland area, on or around the 13th/14th of October - but that puts me past the 9/30 deadline of discounts.

So the current story, as far as I can make it, is that there are about 8 V's still in the chicago metro area. Three of them are black, which is what I want. I've gotten one quote of $2k below the employee price which is a darned nice number, bu tafter reading all the deals threads am wondering if I can do better than 46. Sure I know many of you paid list. I wanted the car so bad that I would have done the same when it came out (had I been able to afford it then). I really wish that something can work out and give my sincere thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Peet

drivered
09-23-05, 10:26 AM
Did you check Heritage in Lombard? I bought mine from them in March (a 2005) and got it for about 46,800. I don't know what they have but I bet you could get a good deal if they have an 05 on the lot. Ask for Charles Hughes, he won't pull any punches and will give a good deal.

Slywun
09-23-05, 12:36 PM
The Corsa or BB should drown out any of the wife noises. Welcome to the board good luck in your search.

Peet
09-23-05, 03:19 PM
LOL.

What'd you say hun, VRROOM VROOOM VROOM, can't quite hear ya. LOL

Thanks for the tip on Heritage. I'm in Naperville, they have some silvers but not budging on price. They also have a black that a test driver rolled 5 times. You SHOULD SEE THIS THING. Nothing left but the interior. They had to cut the driver, his kid and the salesman out. Supposedly only minor injuries. Once I saw this particular wreck, I got a warm and fuzzy about the safety of this car.

Ok, back to the hunt.

P

RobzBLKV
09-23-05, 03:22 PM
They also have a black that a test driver rolled 5 times.

Wow. That will probably be why they won't budge on price. Gotta pay for the destroyed car. Who drives that far beyond their abilities with their kid in the car? Sheesh.

Florian
09-23-05, 03:47 PM
....waiting for Chesrown to chime in......

F

Florian
09-23-05, 03:50 PM
also, theres a new 04 Black/Black available in Cleveland at Morris Caddy that they just cant move. I wanted it but they wouldnt budge 18 months ago, but they now tell me its killing them in taxes and they cant wait to get rid of it. 440-777-7577 ask for Mike Gabel. Tell em Florian sent ya

F

jimbohenson
09-23-05, 07:38 PM
I paid around $44k in March before employee pricing. I bet you you find a dealer still sitting on an 05 with 06's coming soon magical things can happen. Dont forget that they will remove that damn $1300 gas guzzler tax, just ask.

Peet
09-24-05, 02:05 AM
Wow. That will probably be why they won't budge on price. Gotta pay for the destroyed car. Who drives that far beyond their abilities with
their kid in the car? Sheesh.

The way the story got to me... the car was for the kid (yea, I live in a town there high schoolers drive Hummer 1's, Vettes and Porsches to school - little sh1ts - I had to buy my own Citation back in the day (LOL)). Anyhow, the kid was babying it and the dad said, let me drive, I'll show you how to drive 6 speed... well, torque + ego - traction due to loss of sticky + curb = rolled car. bet that dad will NEVER hear the end of this. And, ah - that dad: if you are on here, no apologies from me dude.

On the 2006, as best as I can tell not only 1500 savings on the guzzler, but the sunroof is included as well, so another 1300 there. (or am i wrong on the sunroof price on 05? no matter). You're all right. I hope I can get this squared away soon because the cars are starting to get thin in the field.

P

drivered
09-24-05, 09:36 AM
I was just at Heritage yesterday. They must have moved the thing already. Too bad they aren't moving on the prices, but I guess that is good for the resale value. I talked to the service tech and he said they do sell and install Corsa, don't know how much, but I wonder if you can work that into the deal.

Peet
09-24-05, 01:35 PM
Anyone have experience with Rizza on the south side?

Stiff1
09-24-05, 03:30 PM
Rizza is ok, but they all seem to have a cocky attitude down there. I deal with Weil in Libertyville. I have bought 14 cars from them since 92 and never had to complain once. I think they have a couple of V's there.

Peet
09-25-05, 02:16 AM
Thanks Stiff1. I'll give them a call. I was basing mine on inventory searches and weil didn't show any. I think next week i gotta start the telethon.

P

-uplink-
09-26-05, 02:02 PM
On the 2006, as best as I can tell not only 1500 savings on the guzzler, but the sunroof is included as well, so another 1300 there. (or am i wrong on the sunroof price on 05? no matter). You're all right. I hope I can get this squared away soon because the cars are starting to get thin in the field.

P

The MSRP on the '06 vs '05 only jumped a few hundred dollars and the sunroof is included. You can remove the roof for a (supposedly) $1300 credit too if you're hardcore into a lighter car or want to shave a few dollars off. The dealer price on the roof is only $900 so they might offer that as the credit for removing it.

Side-by-side, with no other discount considerations, GM did a nice deal on the '06 pricing. Now seeing if dealers will go any with that is another story entirely.
-Mike