: Can't get "V" into Competitive Driving Mode

1BDCADY
09-21-05, 03:43 PM
I can turn the T/C off but if you hit the buttom again it just cycles the T/C on and off. I know it's gone into competitive mode before so I don't know what's up. My preferred dealer is out of commission until January or so. Anyone have any suggestions?

Paul

dmn8
09-21-05, 03:44 PM
Check your TPS. All of the sensors need to be working on all four tires.

1BDCADY
09-21-05, 03:49 PM
Check your TPS. All of the sensors need to be working on all four tires.

BINGO One tire sensor is not working so that's what it must be. Thanks.:worship:

Paul

V Amazed
09-21-05, 03:50 PM
you're lucky you found that solution. Every once in a while, my computer goes apeshit and won't let me into competition mode. I restart the car, and it's fixed. It seems to be posessed. GM electrical gremlins at work...

Ben

RobzBLKV
09-21-05, 04:06 PM
My preferred dealer is out of commission until January or so.

:cookoo:

1BDCADY
09-21-05, 05:08 PM
:cookoo:

Lets see they were under water, got looted, and most of the shop walls were knocked over, so January is being optimistic.

Paul

Ryan's '05-V
09-21-05, 05:53 PM
I thought my TPS would fix this problem since one was out after a visit 8 weeks ago or so. They fixed one sensor and then another went out and they didn't have any more. I get that one fixed so they are all working and it didn't fix my problem. I also have my Nav unti replaced at that visit 8 weeks ago so I think it may be the entire unit as mine does they exact same thing.
I plan to bring it in soon. AGAIN!

slow35th
10-21-05, 05:11 PM
I thought my TPS would fix this problem since one was out after a visit 8 weeks ago or so. They fixed one sensor and then another went out and they didn't have any more. I get that one fixed so they are all working and it didn't fix my problem. I also have my Nav unti replaced at that visit 8 weeks ago so I think it may be the entire unit as mine does they exact same thing.
I plan to bring it in soon. AGAIN!

I had my nav unit replaced and mine is doing the same thing. What is the fix?

ssmith100
10-21-05, 05:24 PM
Lance,
You need to call BK. They didn't update your radio with the Tech II when they replaced it. Got mine back yesterday and have the same problem. Give her a call. I have already given them the info they need to fix the problem.

Shane

04CTSVFLA
10-21-05, 05:31 PM
-slow 35th

goto the dealer and get him to get the update for the Tech 2 prog. I just had it done today.....and my now works fine.

LV_V
10-21-05, 06:03 PM
Maybe this is the same problem I've been having. Had my CD changer/nav unit replaced maybe a month ago or so. Comp mode hasn't been popping up on-screen since then. Didn't even notice it until now. So can the dealer do this "Tech 2 Update"? And what exactly is it?

Lindsay Cadillac
10-21-05, 06:06 PM
When you replace the radio in a V, the tech has to let the radio know it's in a V. Otherwise, it (the radio) thinks it's in a regular CTS... So you can't get into competitive mode... It's not a big deal to program, just have to have a Tech II to do it...

James

slow35th
10-21-05, 06:11 PM
Lance,
You need to call BK. They didn't update your radio with the Tech II when they replaced it. Got mine back yesterday and have the same problem. Give her a call. I have already given them the info they need to fix the problem.

Shane

Thanks, After I had posted this, I did a search and found the issue and had contacted BK. I just talked to her. Thanks all

LV_V
10-21-05, 06:16 PM
It's not a big deal to program, just have to have a Tech II to do it...

James

So do I just call my service guy and let him know I'm coming in for this update? I hope they can do it quickly and painlessly at the dealer..

ctsvett
10-21-05, 06:23 PM
it shoudl be quick if the tech II guy knows what he is doing.

Reed

slow35th
10-21-05, 06:25 PM
The funny thing is that I can get to the SWC menu now. I bet when they are done, it will be unavailable.

LV_V
10-21-05, 06:31 PM
The funny thing is that I can get to the SWC menu now. I bet when they are done, it will be unavailable.

SAME HERE. Very good point, I didn't think about this earlier. Geez. Stupid traction control keeps kicking in...

Lindsay Cadillac
10-22-05, 08:06 AM
So do I just call my service guy and let him know I'm coming in for this update? I hope they can do it quickly and painlessly at the dealer..
Yeah, they should be able to do it quickly... It only takes a few minutes once the Tech II is hooked up to the car...

Correct... Once it's programmed for the car the Prog SWC button will not be available..

James