: When will 2006 V's be released???

pimpcaddy
09-21-05, 02:38 PM
Hello All,

I spoke to a local dealer (Northern California) and was informed that the 2006 V's should be arriving in 6 - 8 weeks. Anyone else have any information?

Thanks,

Dave

-uplink-
09-21-05, 02:47 PM
Up here in NY a dealer told me I could take delivery between Oct. 15-25, they had one definitely coming in...
but in the next breath he said if I were concerned about delivery being dragged out (like the M3 I gave up on) he could write up a full refund if I don't receive the car before mid-November. :hmm:
-Mike

kjr39
09-21-05, 03:16 PM
I was told that they started building them this week with delivery in 3-4 weeks.

V Amazed
09-21-05, 03:32 PM
I can't wait to get my hands on one to test drive...must compare to my '05 :)

Ben

-uplink-
09-21-05, 04:54 PM
Just got off the phone with another dealer up here. 5-6 weeks for delivery from this week (10/24-11/04) and no color customization choice. If the one that comes in isn't what I want, I have to wait for another. :nono:

-Mike

matia
09-22-05, 12:51 AM
I am in Toronto, my 2006 was built last week, shipped on Thursday of last week and was told would take 8-10 business days to be delivered, but my salesman said it usually will make it up in 7 days...told me I may have it Thursday or Friday.

-uplink-
09-22-05, 02:48 PM
Is this a US built car that was exported to CA? I called a friend that is a regional dealer manager and he said GM doesn't even have VIN #'s for the '06's yet. Let us know when it comes in and if you can get any pics of the new changes.
Also did they bill you a gas guzzler tax on the car?
-Mike

matia
09-22-05, 09:32 PM
The car is coming from Michigan...my salesman does not have a VIN number for me yet. No gas guzzler tax this year. I will keep you all informed. I will call him tomorrow to see when the estimated delivery will be...just in time for high gas prices again.

cts-v ls6
09-22-05, 09:56 PM
Bud Davis Cadillac salesman in Memphis says they are expecting them this week. He may have been just running his mouth.

Florian
09-22-05, 11:03 PM
your car wasnt built last week if you dont have a VIN. The way it works is as follows:

you get a build slot, you get preferencing (bill of materials sent to assy floor), then you get a vin, then you get built. (a quick, nonconcise tutorial)

Maybe MSheri01 can comment, but thats typically the way it works. So you didnt get built last week, you probably got released to preferencing. In reality, you got about a month to 6 weeks before youll see your ride.

F

msheri01
09-23-05, 07:07 AM
Florian is correct. If it was built last week, they should have a VIN. Our first black/black one is slotted for build the second week of October. The 06 V has no gas guzzler tax, due to the LS2. Production numbers will be slower at first due to STS-V startup. The shipping time frame, once built from MI to southern Canada sounds about right, unless customs gets a backlog. You want to ask for a copy of the order, and look at the TPW. That is the tentative production week.

-uplink-
09-23-05, 04:33 PM
Florian is correct. If it was built last week, they should have a VIN. Our first black/black one is slotted for build the second week of October. The 06 V has no gas guzzler tax, due to the LS2. Production numbers will be slower at first due to STS-V startup. The shipping time frame, once built from MI to southern Canada sounds about right, unless customs gets a backlog. You want to ask for a copy of the order, and look at the TPW. That is the tentative production week.

BMW has an owner's website that you can log into and see exactly what steps the car build/delivery is up to (based on the VIN# the dealership gives you). Does GM have any such site? The V site in general seems to be broken as far as pricing and options. NADA has the information though which makes it kinda weird that GM doesn't.

It looks like officially (at least according to NADA) the only options are Sunroof delete for a credit, 2 different types of tires (??? both look like runflats), FG2's, and paint/interior color. Other than that they are all identical. Invoice shows $46,874 with a $720 destination. Destination is a bit high considering my friend's 325 was delivered all the way from Germany for <$400. :hmm:

-Mike

globed70
09-23-05, 05:13 PM
It looks like officially (at least according to NADA) the only options are Sunroof delete for a credit, 2 different types of tires (??? both look like runflats), FG2's, and paint/interior color. Other than that they are all identical. Invoice shows $46,874 with a $720 destination. Destination is a bit high considering my friend's 325 was delivered all the way from Germany for <$400. :hmm:

-Mike

I believe they were delivering all-seasons as stock, with option for F1s... will get them around the short life issues, and potentially ease wheel hop. Cunning plan, albeit delivering a supercar with all-seasons does little for image.

StealthV
09-23-05, 06:19 PM
For 2006, GoodYear RS-A and F1 tires are the choices.

matia
09-23-05, 06:57 PM
Spoke to the salesman today. According to him, my car is in Windsor, Ontario and he expects it here on Monday or Tuesday. Will keep you all informed. I forgot to ask him if he had a VIN for me yet. Remember, I ordered the car the beginning of August. A few weeks after I ordered the Platinum color I considered changing to Black, but he told me that once the actual production order is started, I cannot change anything. I had about a week or two after ordering it to change anything but after that it is impossible. I like black but was considering the difficulty of keeping it clean. Anybody have any thoughts on the color?

V-Max
09-23-05, 08:09 PM
Tell me about it! My '05 GTO came with 400 wear rating BFGs. I've had T1-S and just recently put on Avon Tech M500. The Avons have a much better ride quality and have a narrower peak performance when they reach tempature. I have not had them on the track yet.

Norm

GNSCOTT
09-23-05, 08:50 PM
BMW has an owner's website that you can log into and see exactly what steps the car build/delivery is up to (based on the VIN# the dealership gives you). Does GM have any such site? The V site in general seems to be broken as far as pricing and options. NADA has the information though which makes it kinda weird that GM doesn't.

-Mike

It costs more than $400 to bring a car over from Germany. Its either built into the price of the car, or they are averaging out delivery costs so everyone pays the same.

JoeM
09-23-05, 11:43 PM
I ordered an 06 CTS-V about a month ago. About a week ago I received a form letter from Cadillac inviting me to register online at ordertracking.cadillac.com.

The letter states "As your new Cadillac reaches key milestones from pre-production through delivery, you'll receive production updates via e-mail, as well as links to Web pages with additional detail."

I registered, but so far, nothing.

Has anyone else received this letter and if so, have you gotten any emails with info on your CTS-V?

matia
09-26-05, 06:28 PM
Well, you guys were right, turns out the production date has been postponed until the week of october 10th. I'm kind of pissed because the salesman told me that it was in shipping when in fact the thing has not even been built yet. It was only until I insisted on a VIN number did he dig a little bit and actually call GM. Will they still allow me to make changes at this point since its not built yet ie. color? He will let me know tomorrow. I have never factory ordered a car before. Are these delays common? Is this the salesman b.s.ing me? I don't know what to think of this.

Florian
09-26-05, 07:03 PM
Matia,

At this point you are screwed on any changes, your BOM has made it to the floor and youre likely getting built in the very near future.

F

Ryan's '05-V
09-26-05, 08:03 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw an 06 Saturday night. It was black with grey interior. I knew it was an 06 because it had the GM emblem and black center caps.
My wife was funny because she said they guy couldn't drive it. I was just surprised to see one in my area so I walked up to it while waiting to be called for dinner at the Olive Garden. I saw the guy walk out to his car and can kinda see why he had some trouble driving it. This is no offense to anyone at all but he was pretty big (had seat belt extender), a little shorter than the average male and was on the older side. It looked quite new so I'm sure he will pick it up pretty soon. It was a not a GM driver either as it ddin't have the VIN on the windshield like PEP cars do.
Anyway, they are coming real soon as I'm pretty sure it was an 06.

matia
09-28-05, 09:01 PM
So, the latest from my salesman is this. He called me tonight to tell me that he spoke to GM and was told that the reason the '06 production has not started yet is because there are some issues with cladding/trim. Something about cadillac not able to get some cladding to fit properly or some problems with suppliers for these parts. So now he has no idea when production will start. Then he quietly told me that he can give me a hell of a deal on an '05 they have on the lot...no more details than that yet. Does anyone know anything about these delays? I don't know if I should keep waiting or consider his offer on the '05 and risk having the issues all you guys have been complaining about with wheel hop, etc. I have until the beginning of Nov. when my present car lease is up. Any thoughts?

03ESC
09-28-05, 10:13 PM
Pare to 2005 malaka!

Peet
09-28-05, 10:49 PM
The 06 feature list shows LED tail lights... did that black/gray have that? Not sure if GM was just referring to the trunk/center light, but that's what is listed.

Also, talked with another dealer today while shopping an 05. He said they already have their vin. Not sure how much BS in that statement, but he didn't seem to care which way I'd go and was just offering that news without any good reason for it.

P

ctsvett
09-29-05, 01:14 AM
I ordered an 06 CTS-V about a month ago. About a week ago I received a form letter from Cadillac inviting me to register online at ordertracking.cadillac.com.

The letter states "As your new Cadillac reaches key milestones from pre-production through delivery, you'll receive production updates via e-mail, as well as links to Web pages with additional detail."

I registered, but so far, nothing.

Has anyone else received this letter and if so, have you gotten any emails with info on your CTS-V?

The website should read:

"dear 06 V owner, We are building your car. Today we put in the upgraded rear differential that we learned from the 04/05 owners was crap."
Next stage:
"today we made sure that all the TSBs and PIs were fixed and your car will go out working 100%"

Etc, Etc.

hahah

REED

Kadonny
09-29-05, 10:26 AM
The website should read:

"dear 06 V owner, We are building your car. Today we put in the upgraded rear differential that we learned from the 04/05 owners was crap."
Next stage:
"today we made sure that all the TSBs and PIs were fixed and your car will go out working 100%"

Etc, Etc.

hahah

REED

:thumbsup: I like it.

SBONES
09-29-05, 11:08 AM
malaka....:histeric: greek are ya...

-uplink-
09-29-05, 04:55 PM
So, the latest from my salesman is this. He called me tonight to tell me that he spoke to GM and was told that the reason the '06 production has not started yet is because there are some issues with cladding/trim. Something about cadillac not able to get some cladding to fit properly or some problems with suppliers for these parts. So now he has no idea when production will start. Then he quietly told me that he can give me a hell of a deal on an '05 they have on the lot...no more details than that yet. Does anyone know anything about these delays? I don't know if I should keep waiting or consider his offer on the '05 and risk having the issues all you guys have been complaining about with wheel hop, etc. I have until the beginning of Nov. when my present car lease is up. Any thoughts?
I spoke with 2 more dealerships this afternoon and was told that due to the STS-V/XLR-V tool-up, construction on CTS-V's has been postponed until mid-end of October with delivery expected in November/December. :mad:
-Mike

matia
09-29-05, 06:12 PM
I emailed GM and got this reply...

'Thank you for contacting Cadillac. We appreciate your interest in the
2006 CTS-V and apologize for any frustration this has been. Your
dealership advised you correctly. It does appear that there is a delay on
the CTS-V production. The new vehicle sales manager at your dealership
is in the best position to advise a targeted production date and
estimated time of arrival for your vehicle.'

oh well...

kjr39
09-29-05, 11:01 PM
As Darth Vader said:

"NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Florian
09-29-05, 11:09 PM
you said "tool up" tee hee!

F

matia
09-30-05, 07:23 PM
GM just confirmed a new build date, Oct. 24th. Apparently, my order is the first 2006 being built. Changed my color to black. They offered me a pretty good deal on a 2005 and had until today to decide because of employee pricing. I just could not resist waiting for an '06 though.

SwampFox
11-14-05, 11:41 AM
10/24 has come and long gone. Got your 06v yet?

bsteven43
11-14-05, 12:01 PM
Just talked to my sales manager this morning and he confirmed TPW of 11/14 (this week) with expected delivery right at the end of the month. He's provided my an '06 CTS 3.6 as a loaner so he must be pretty sure.

daytripper
11-14-05, 12:02 PM
A search of gmbuypower.com shows 3 2006s listed at nearby dealers, one that's fairly close to me. Sticker posted for each is the 2006 sticker.

I'm curious to see the differences, but not curious enough to take a test drive and be held prisoner by a salesman... Particularly in light of the desparation they probably have to make a sale after a horrible sales month.

Brian R.

-uplink-
11-14-05, 02:13 PM
A search of gmbuypower.com shows 3 2006s listed at nearby dealers, one that's fairly close to me. Sticker posted for each is the 2006 sticker.

I'm curious to see the differences, but not curious enough to take a test drive and be held prisoner by a salesman... Particularly in light of the desparation they probably have to make a sale after a horrible sales month.

Brian R.
That could be a good thing. You might accidentally step into an '06 for a really good deal if they are desparate to make the numbers. :stirpot: 'I don't have to buy your car but you NEED to sell it... entice me.'

Kinda sucks that the GM Red Tag sale doesn't apply to Caddies like the Employee Pricing did.
-Mike