: Where can I get TPS?

5andunder
09-21-05, 01:52 PM
Anyone know where I can get tire pressure sensors? Need them for after market rims the dealer quoted my $95 each, that just seemed outrageous to me.

markbinkc
09-21-05, 03:35 PM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/miscparts.html

GM parts direct price and part # on there.
Or you can get some from the tire rack.

Mark

CTSVONFIRE
09-21-05, 04:22 PM
Probabli will not fit if you have a low profile tire. My 20's have the valve stem in the middle of the wheel. I can't put air in them just anywhere. I have to have a straight airchuck. I can get them at dealer price. I also have my 4 from my car, or you could uses a tech 2 and disable them in your DIM, if you have access to one.

waswas
09-21-05, 04:24 PM
tirerack quoted me DOUBLE the GM Parts Direct price.

markbinkc
09-21-05, 06:56 PM
I don't know about price, but they WILL fit low profile rims. At least the tire rack ones do. You have to band them though, and that's extra. I have them on my 20's (the ones from tire rack). The dealer's jobs didn't look much different to me.

Mark

Slywun
09-21-05, 09:57 PM
Where do you get the bands like tire rack sells? (Just kidding, sorry couldn't resist)

Dreamin
09-22-05, 01:17 AM
I have 2 TPS's for sale, removed from stock wheels. All work fine.

Asking: $35 per sensor delivered.

Please PM me if you are interested.

CTSVONFIRE
09-22-05, 08:09 AM
Factory one aren't banded around the rim. They have a 12mm nut that hold s them on. It's just like a valve stem. but about 1" or maybe a little bit longer on the inside of the tire.

markbinkc
09-22-05, 08:37 AM
Factory one aren't banded around the rim. They have a 12mm nut that hold s them on. It's just like a valve stem. but about 1" or maybe a little bit longer on the inside of the tire.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. But for low-profile rims (20's)they have to be banded. The ones from tire rack are factory replacements, so they look the same. they are held in with a bolt as well, however when you go to a 20 inch rim, there are some issues. My wheels are nice, but in hindsight I think I probably should've gone with 19's. Had my TPS in some 18 in. "winter" wheels, and sent the TPS to wheels boutique where they put them into the 20's.

5andunder
09-22-05, 12:07 PM
Must be to new can not PM... Send me a message and I will reply.
TR

Dreamin
09-23-05, 12:34 AM
Ugh, you can't recieve PM's either... email me... zeemr@yahoo.com
Are you in the Bay Area?