: Kevin.....

Night Wolf
11-28-03, 01:14 AM
Hey, I was going to try and PM you, but there are no PM's........

....just wanted to bring this to your attention.... I don't know if this is you or not (the ebay name) if it is, then just disreguard this post, but if it is not, then this person is using your picture.... even your name (on the picture) and stuff and making money off it..... dunno where he got this from besides here being it is not a factory poster or anything....

....just wanted to let you know, agaqin, if it is you, sorry for the post then. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3641393111&category=10773

JJhomer83
11-28-03, 01:23 AM
That is messed up if its not him ill send him an email at work tom. to check with him. Blackout is that him???

Night Wolf
11-28-03, 09:05 AM
I would try to contact him personally....but like I said, the site dosn't allow PM's, and I do not know his e-mail or instant message name or anything....... I guess we will have to wait until he sees this (stickey?) or someone that knows his e-mail send it to him or something......

Katshot
11-28-03, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the "heads-up". It is NOT me selling the posters and I am looking into it. I'm not sure that I have any legal case or anything (face it, how much could the guy actually be making on this poster?) but, I would think that selling a picture of my car and using my name would be illegal.
As for the source of the picture, I submitted it to the Cadillac Owner's group on Yahoo, for their calendar. As you can see, they DID use it. It's simple enough to download from the site.

elwesso
11-28-03, 12:27 PM
That has to feel good..... Seeing a picture of your car being sold on ebay for $15......

the Sandman
11-28-03, 12:34 PM
At least he's giving you credit by putting your name on the poster. Since he's using the picture from the internet and giving you recognition I don't think it would be worthwhile to pursue this legally. If you want him to stop contact him directly and tell him so, or perhaps contact eBay. Or, ask him for a token royalty for each poster he sells (25 cents or something like that). Of course that would have to be declared on your income tax... :shhh:

JJhomer83
11-28-03, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the "heads-up". It is NOT me selling the posters and I am looking into it. I'm not sure that I have any legal case or anything (face it, how much could the guy actually be making on this poster?) but, I would think that selling a picture of my car and using my name would be illegal.
As for the source of the picture, I submitted it to the Cadillac Owner's group on Yahoo, for their calendar. As you can see, they DID use it. It's simple enough to download from the site.

I'd ask for a free poster. That is about your best bet.

Kevin trying to email you says your address is wrong drop me an email when you can JJHomer83@yahoo.com
thanks