: V wheels will be for sale - not sure which ones

luvmyVluvmyV
09-20-05, 10:24 PM
Ok here's the deal: of all of the horror stories I've read about the long, long, long wait for having your stock wheels chromed, it made me think that I should have another set of wheels during the "long wait." I bought a set of 20 inch Foose wheels and Toyo tires for the anticipated wait. So, I was about ready to send my stock wheels in to have chromed professionally and today at 4pm my tire guy called to tell me he was looking at a brand new set of chromed, stock V wheels that had just been delivered. So, long story short, 20 inch Foose wheels at $500 a piece, I'm not sure what I paid for the Toyo tires, was a complete waste of money. They look great but I'm not sure sure if I want the stock ones back or not.

Here's the deal, I'm having non runflats put on the chromed stock rims either tomorrow or Thursday. I will then put up a vote. The forum shall decide which wheels I should keep.

I will then put the set I don't want to keep up for bid. Sound good?

I don't have pictures of the chromed stock yet.

p.s. here's a video with my V as the star. Imagine the wheels chromed!!!!!!!!!

http://www.dgtalpimp.com/2005_V_contestentry.wmv

1MEANV
09-20-05, 10:29 PM
Nice Video. I Felt Like I Was Watching A Commercial. By The Way Where Did You Get Those Brushed Aluminum Trim Pieces Around The Dvd Shit

calicadi
09-20-05, 10:59 PM
Excellent work on the video! When you get the stocks back, reshoot that side-shot slow roll-by, with the rechromes and again with the fooses. I don't think you'll need our vote to help you decide... you'll know what to do.

CTSVONFIRE
09-21-05, 08:52 AM
I'll give u 2500 4 the fooses?

Kadonny
09-21-05, 09:26 AM
You gotta keep the stock chromies. No other option here.

talalhz
09-21-05, 11:41 AM
Cadillac should buy this video from you, and put it on TV as a comercial ! You did a good job !

V Amazed
09-21-05, 12:57 PM
You gotta keep the stock chromies. No other option here.

word

Ben

lasstss
09-21-05, 01:27 PM
I might be dumping my 19's w/Toyo's if anyone is interested, PM me.
$3k ready to roll.

CTSVONFIRE
09-21-05, 03:07 PM
What kind of 19's do u have. I have 20's but I want to lower my v some.

V Amazed
09-21-05, 03:33 PM
Dunno, I think putting bling on a V is like putting bling on an m3. Not my style...but to each his own.

Ben

lasstss
09-21-05, 03:56 PM
What kind of 19's do u have. I have 20's but I want to lower my v some.

I have forgelines but they have nothing to do with lowering . The tires have exactly the same OD as the OEM equipment.

CTSVONFIRE
09-21-05, 04:16 PM
I no it doesn't have anything to do w/ lowering. I can't lower my car w' the twenties b/c the back wheel scrapes the inside of my fender on the dip goin to my house. There for a 1" smaller wheel would make the gap b/w the tire and fender a little bigger.

lasstss
09-21-05, 07:47 PM
I no it doesn't have anything to do w/ lowering. I can't lower my car w' the twenties b/c the back wheel scrapes the inside of my fender on the dip goin to my house. There for a 1" smaller wheel would make the gap b/w the tire and fender a little bigger.

OK, I misunderstood. I have no rubbing anywhere but then Im not lowered.
Tires are inside the fenders.

Slywun
09-21-05, 09:47 PM
When does the bidding start? LOL

thebigjimsho
12-23-07, 06:31 PM
When does the bidding start? LOLNow!