: Customer Satisfaction Unit.

chesrowncadillac
09-20-05, 02:40 PM
We have a unit that GM repurchased for repeated check engine lights. It has since been repaired. We sold it new and that is the only reason we repurchased it from GM. This car is RED with Gray leather and the roof. It has 7800 miles and is the lowest priced 2005 I have found on the net $34990.00.
It comes with the remainder of the factory 4yr 50000 mile warranty.
Because it is a repurchase it does not qualify for a Cadillac Certified Warranty.
Thanks
David Chesrown II
chesrown@alltel.net
ph 18002066966 ext 211

Luna.
09-20-05, 02:44 PM
It comes with the remainder of the factory 4yr 50000 mile warranty.
Because it is a repurchase it does not qualify for a Cadillac Certified Warranty.
Thanks
David Chesrown II
chesrown@alltel.net
ph 18002066966 ext 211

That's interesting. Why does a "repurchase" (from GM nonetheless) nullify the Certified Warranty? In this instance, it would seem that the certified warranty wouldn't be too egregious.

Joey'sVee
09-20-05, 04:01 PM
What is the warranty start date?

Joey'sVee
09-20-05, 04:03 PM
How does someone go about getting their V repurchased??? I would never do this but a couple on here may be interested. I didn't know you could get GM to repurchase a car just cuzz the check engine light comes on.

urbanski
09-20-05, 04:09 PM
How does someone go about getting their V repurchased??? I would never do this but a couple on here may be interested. I didn't know you could get GM to repurchase a car just cuzz the check engine light comes on.
sounds like a lemon law buyback

RobzBLKV
09-20-05, 04:21 PM
I would be really reluctant to buy a V without a warranty . . .

Luna.
09-20-05, 04:31 PM
I would be really reluctant to buy a V without a warranty . . .

I think you would get the standard warranty (4 yr/50k), just not the "nicer" 6yr/100K warranty that a certified "used" V would get.

Joey'sVee inquired as to the warranty start date, from which you get 4 years from, and the mileage warranty would most likely be ~42,200 miles.

Joey'sVee
09-20-05, 05:13 PM
I think you would get the standard warranty (4 yr/50k), just not the "nicer" 6yr/100K warranty that a certified "used" V would get.

Joey'sVee inquired as to the warranty start date, from which you get 4 years from, and the mileage warranty would most likely be ~42,200 miles.

No you would only get the remander of the warranty so you would get about 3 years (depending on the warranty date-the date the car was first titled) and about 32K miles from today

ahahnu
09-20-05, 05:31 PM
If the warranty is 4 year 50,000- why is mine 3 years 45,000?

Ryan's '05-V
09-20-05, 05:46 PM
It sounds like the original owner had some issues and Cadillac voluntarily bought it back (hence Customer Sat. Unit) without the lemon law. My questions to the dealer is, what did you do to fix it now that you couldn't do the first three or four times? And to sell a buyback for $35,000 sounds a bit high. I take it these issues were nothing major because for a dealer to purchase this car after they couldn't service it properly is interesting to me. I would be a bit cautious but none the less, if anyone is interested, this is a great car to speak to the service manager extensively about to see what they are getting in to. To still have the balance of the 4/50 warranty is a great way to get a used V and still be covered while a big chunk of depreciation is gone. I would be interested to know if the issues have to be disclosed to the seller because it not, it was not a true lemon per the law.
Maybe Chesrown wants to give a couple more details like if the person was traded in to another Caddy or what?
Anyone interested in a V should at least call and do some homework on this car.

Joey'sVee
09-20-05, 06:49 PM
I wish the dealership would post a vehicle inquary on this car. It would be interesting to see everything that has been done to it.

RobzBLKV
09-20-05, 07:06 PM
Ah. I misunderstood. If you still get the standard warranty, I would be all over it at that price. I thought you had to take it without warranty protection for that rear end . . .

chesrowncadillac
09-20-05, 08:19 PM
The only reason we have it is we sold it new, GM did buy it back as a satisfaction unit not a lemon law. It helped that the customer purchased 5 units the day of the repurchase, this had some sway with the DSM.
If someone wants a great buy on a 2005 with the remainder of the Warranty in service date 1/17/2005 let me know.
Thanks
David Chesrown II
chesrown@alltel.net
ph 18002066966 ext 211

waswas
09-20-05, 08:22 PM
David,
We still have the issue of why you were unable to fix it in the first place and how you finally fixed it.

heavymetals
09-20-05, 08:25 PM
I think you are supposed to post the VIN# as a dealer sale.

DILLIGAF
09-20-05, 08:55 PM
05,biting tongue,breathing deep:stirpot:

Barak
09-20-05, 08:55 PM
I'd like to know what codes were causing the check engine light to illuminate and what the ultimate fix for the problem was.

Ryan's '05-V
09-20-05, 09:57 PM
David, 5 cars should sway the DSM plenty but a little more info would be great. Just tell those that are interested to call if you want.
I wish I had the money because I would have someone assume my lease and buy that one but my circumstances won't allow me to do so. I think it should sell easily but we don't know the history.

Luna.
09-20-05, 09:58 PM
No you would only get the remander of the warranty so you would get about 3 years (depending on the warranty date-the date the car was first titled) and about 32K miles from today

Apologies if I wasn't clear---

The new owner would have a warranty until 4 years from the "warranty start date," which I think is 1/17/05. As such, the new owner would have a warranty until 1/17/09.

And if the mileage of the car is ~7,800, the new owner would have warranty coverage for ~42,200 miles (or until the car hits 50,000 miles) (not ~32,000 miles)

To answer your concern/question Robz, yes, you will have warranty coverage as discussed above.

Looks like a damn decent buy (well, except for the color!! :stirpot: )

What I'm curious about, however, is why it couldn't qualify for the "certified" warranty (6 yrs/100k miles)

msheri01
09-21-05, 07:54 AM
Cars with branded titles are not eligible to be certified, even repurchase units. Just because it had a CEL 3 times does not mean that the dealer did anything wrong. Ohio has very strong consumer protection laws, and 3 check engine lights for 3 different issues in 1st 18k miles or 12 months would put them in that position. Without vin, impossible to tell, but could be either or situation.

Joey'sVee
09-21-05, 09:36 AM
SO if the "check engine" light comes on 3 times they will buy it back??? DAMN!!!

GOTTSPD
09-21-05, 10:55 AM
For what its worth, anyone considering this should due their homework as to the longterm financial impact of the GM buyback. I understand its not a lemon law repurchase, but even so, the mere fact that its a buyback *could* cause a significant depreciation hit. A business client of our firm recently found out that he had bought a lemon law repurchased vehicle and in MD the seller has an affirmative duty to disclose, which the seller of the car (a MD dealer) failed to do. When our client went to trade the car in (which was the first time he learned of the problem), he was offered more than $10K less than what the book value was due to the lemon law repurchase. Again, I recognize that this is not a lemon law repurchase, but any prospective buyer should do their due diligence with regard to the potential impact of the GM repurchase upon resale/trade in. I suspect it may prove to be an issue. If it were 25K, not 35K, I'd be less concerned as the depreciation becomes less of an issue, but there's no doubt in my mind that these cars will drop in value fairly significantly in the next couple of years and one with a "tainted" past, if easily discoverable via a carfax or GM VIN search, will drop even quicker. Just my $.02.

chesrowncadillac
09-21-05, 12:09 PM
Car is sold!

David

Barak
09-21-05, 12:23 PM
I still want to know what the light was on for and what the fix was.

RobzBLKV
09-21-05, 05:11 PM
If you get 10k off before you start, who cares if the depreciation hit is bigger than it would otherwise have been? Sure didn't take long to sell it.