Cadillac Owners Forum banner

mods for a softer ride?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Punmax 
#1 ·
Hey all, lately I have been contemplating what could be done to achieve a softer ride in my '07. Even my fiance' has mentioned she's noticed it riding "rougher" than usual (I will admit, the roads here in the DC metro area did not fare well after the messy winter we had, and many potholes have yet to be filled).

I'm a little foggy on our stock suspension setup; I assume I could replace the front shocks/struts/springs with aftermarket components, correct? Anyone have any suggestions?

I know that our rear suspension has some sort of air component; but does it also run a spring setup? Again, suggestions of what anyone else has done would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, I thought about maybe switching to 20" wheels with a larger profile tire. I know aesthetically may look "funny" or "awkward" but I've been considering a switch to gloss black wheels, anyway.

Anyone have a setup that's working well for them? Appreciate any insight and thoughts/suggestions based on what I've mentioned. Thanks!

#4 ·
Punmax, I would assume it does have the original/stock suspension. I haven't changed anything (yet) and I'm fairly certain the previous owner kept things as stock as possible.

Anyone with suggestions of good aftermarket components that I could look into? Again, suspensions are not my area of expertise. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.