: Looking for a High performance radiator.

Devil_concours
03-02-03, 02:18 AM
Looking for a good High performance radiator.
can anyone help me out?

jadcock
03-03-03, 06:35 PM
For you Deville? I don't know of any that exist. Is it overheating?

elwesso
03-03-03, 07:35 PM
What is wrong with the stock? Enlighten me why someone would want a "performance radiator".

Devil_concours
03-03-03, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by elwesso
What is wrong with the stock? Enlighten me why someone would want a "performance radiator".

just checking to see if it exists because i'm replacing the radiator soon as i get the dealer to replace my leaky water pump.

what about transmission cooler?

jadcock
03-04-03, 09:06 AM
You can run any generic external transmission cooler, but I'd say it really isn't necessary, especially if you're not towing or putting it through severe service.

Lots of stop-and-go traffic in the summertime will heat up the fluid, but I think that's about it on a street car. Especially when the torque converter is engaged, the transmission fluid stays relatively cool and no harm is done.

I'd just use the OEM equipment. And personally, I wouldn't even fix what isn't broke (replacing the original radiator). If it's not overheating or giving you other symptoms, I'd leave it alone. But to answer your question, I don't think a "performance" radiator exists. Becool and other companies like that can make you a custom aluminum radiator, but then you're getting into some big bucks.

STS
03-04-03, 03:21 PM
you can get a tranny cooler pretty cheap from Summit. www.SummitRacing.com