: Can somebody explain this - no wheel hop ?

GT04CTS-V
09-19-05, 11:03 PM
Finally broke in the new diff with 1000 miles of no abuse driving. Changed the diff oil and all is well. :yup: I have a Maggie on board with the Stealth Wild Power Tune. I decide to see what she's got. So I dump the clutch and floor it from a dead stop. The tires break loose and don't stop - continue spinning into second gear and no wheel hop. Could have kept spinning, but didn't see the point, so I let off. Now granted, I don't power shift the car, but do shift quickly. The tires break lose but no wheel hop. What the %&$*? It used to hop, now it's gone.

I have an appointment to get the TSB for wheel hop installed on Friday, but now I have second thoughts. Do I really need them to install the new bushings? Are most people happy with them?

ctsvett
09-19-05, 11:06 PM
Sounds like you have no traction (wheels spinning)... Wheel hop is only a problem if you have traction... it happens when the tires hook...

Reed

Dennisscars
09-19-05, 11:12 PM
Sounds like you have no traction (wheels spinning)... Wheel hop is only a problem if you have traction... it happens when the tires hook...

Reed
:yeah: check out the Dado drifting...gives "Up in smoke" a whole 'nother meaning.

V-Max
09-19-05, 11:20 PM
Which tires are you using?

Torqueing a new diff. to spec might be the ticket.

Norm

CVP33
09-19-05, 11:50 PM
The bushings are worth the effort. I like knowing they're in there and they do improve the hop. The car definitely feels "tighter" with the bushings, less rebound.