: 22 day marathon dealer visit - Guess what? It goes back tomorrow

CVP33
09-19-05, 09:46 PM
That's right. After 22 days at the dealer to repair, well just about everything it's going back in. Made it about 10 miles away from the dealer when the drivetrain began to vibrate at odd speeds and odd rpm's. I say odd because I have the BB X-Pipe I know what rpm's/speeds to avoid. This one is weird. 2,500 to 3,500 you can feel the car literally shudder.

Next issue comes when I try to cycle through the stability control modes. Traction OFF works fine as well as Stablity OFF, but no Competition Mode. If it was in "limp" mode or had a "code" I would not be able to turn off Stability control. The only mode the won't work is competition. Weird.

Signed,

More unhappy V-less days ahead. :bomb:

alcast082
09-19-05, 09:53 PM
Check if when you put the competition mode on, (trac off first and then press the button one more time) if you can shift from first to second at any speed, WHEN competition mode is engaged you can shift from first to second at any speed. My delearship put in a new nav unit from a regular cst so when I would put competition mode on, the screen would not let me know but it would be on that mode.
ANY HOW GOOD LOOK WITH THE CAR and the delearship.

Ryan's '05-V
09-19-05, 10:07 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your luck. I dispise going to the dealer too.
Please let me know what the resolution is for the Competitive Mode problem is too as mine won't go in to that mode. It's either TC on or off or with or without Stability, no Comp mode and it annoys me. I used to use that all the time.

dmn8
09-19-05, 10:28 PM
Make sure all of tire pressure senors are working. I had a similiar issue and it was caused by a sensor that failed. Good luck.

ace996
09-19-05, 10:30 PM
I'm so sorry, Chris. It's just not right...not right at all.

V-Max
09-19-05, 10:34 PM
Poor Chris...

So what is on the radar if GM took the car back and you got to wipe your hands of it?

Z06?

Norm

CVP33
09-19-05, 11:33 PM
First, I think ALCAST has it right. I'd bet I have a base CTS NAV unit and it does not reflect the Competition Mode. Tire sensors are fine as I know what to expect when they're out of spec or not reading.

As far as the "radar" goes. I want a 2006 C6, DSOM (Orange), 6 speed, LT2 package with Z51 option with no other options. I have a line on a dealer allocation who will honor GMS. We'll see how this shakes out tomorrow.

A long strange trip indeed. :bigroll:

CVP33
09-19-05, 11:47 PM
Oh, and just so this isn't all negative. Everything else that my new dealer fixed is tighter than a ticks posterial orifice. The rear bushings (TSB) made a difference. Not a cure but a welcome improvement.

Florian
09-19-05, 11:49 PM
like the rednecks say: its cheaper to keep her.

F

ace996
09-20-05, 12:11 AM
and funner to beat her...ya hear?

Drift-caddy
09-20-05, 12:20 AM
Oh, and just so this isn't all negative. Everything else that my new dealer fixed is tighter than a ticks posterial orifice. The rear bushings (TSB) made a difference. Not a cure but a welcome improvement.

ok lets cut through all the BS and bring your car here. I am back in the shop and will make sure it is fixed right the first time. If you dont bring it here then take your chances. thats all i have to say, and hope to see you soon.

thanks damian

CVP33
09-20-05, 12:26 AM
Damian,

I would've taken you up on your original offer had it not been for my over zealous ASM who is very anxious to void my warranty and rid himself of me. I can only guess at what my most recent visit to the dealer cost. I do know that the dealer was out of loaners and paid in excess of $1,000 to Enterprise for my rental. No idea what the other items cost in parts in labor but my guess is in excess of $3,000. Add that to the other infamous visits and GM is out roughly $7,000 in parts, labor, rentals, extended warranty and other expenses. Somebody has to draw a line somewhere and I think it'll be me.

Drift-caddy
09-20-05, 12:33 AM
Damian,

I would've taken you up on your original offer had it not been for my over zealous ASM who is very anxious to void my warranty and rid himself of me. I can only guess at what my most recent visit to the dealer cost. I do know that the dealer was out of loaners and paid in excess of $1,000 to Enterprise for my rental. No idea what the other items cost in parts in labor but my guess is in excess of $3,000. Add that to the other infamous visits and GM is out roughly $7,000 in parts, labor, rentals, extended warranty and other expenses. Somebody has to draw a line somewhere and I think it'll be me.

Well if you want it fixed and have some fun let me know, and who cares how much they pay for, if they fixed it right the first time and built is right the first time this would not happen. So bring her in leave her with me and enjoy your car when i am done with it.

thanks
Damian

ace996
09-20-05, 12:33 AM
Chris,
I think if you go to another dealer, and that dealer doesn't call any ASM/DSM, there won't be an issue. I was told by CaddyCare to go outside my DSM's area to explore another dealer and have them order the new tranny...the one the DSM won't replace!
Just a thought, I'd hate to see you go...but you have the right idea with the C6...can't fault your option. But be prepared for aftermarketitis with the Vettes...there's every-freaking-conceiveable-hop-up-part for those cars!!!!
I'd be divorced before the mold-release wore off the tires....

Ryan's '05-V
09-20-05, 12:46 AM
You know ever since I had my NAV unit replaced my Comp Mode doesn't work so that may be the issue (CTS unit if they are different). And of course, the new unit is peeling again and it has only been 2 months at most. It's to the right of the volume control and I see I touch that area occasionally but this is ridiculous.
Good luck CVP33.

CTSV05
09-20-05, 12:50 AM
CVP, I won't expose you like all the others Chris, I feel anonymitity is crucial.

Like I was saying CVP, I feel terrible for you, and if your name was Chris I'd feel even worser!!! LMAO!!!!

Sorry thought you could use a smile.

Anyway, man, is seems like you and me could be on Hee haw, you know where the two guys sing about if they didn't have bad luck they'd have no luck at all?

I after being down almost 4 weeks finally get the V back, and after the same time span finally get the S-10 running again, go out Sunday, the truck loses a head gasket, and it appears hydraulicized a piston and hurt a wrist pin or a piston!!!!

So I feel your pain............

c4racer
09-20-05, 01:20 AM
I guess I shouldn't complain about my 5 day visit just to fix a silly simple electrical problem then..... At least I am banking some extra miles on my lease..... :bigroll:

Florian
09-20-05, 01:23 AM
you met another and ppppphhhhttttt, you wuz gone!!!!!!

Stick around CVP, we love ya here!

F

CTSV05
09-20-05, 09:58 AM
Lmbfao!!!!!!