: Northstar 4.6 in a Bonneville!

airbalancer
11-27-03, 09:18 AM
04 Bonneville will have an option to have a 4.6 l northstar put in
Since it has the Seville platform they were able to do it

elwesso
11-27-03, 11:39 AM
I am very anxious... When the lease on our Grandprix is up, we'll probably get this one!!!!

Night Wolf
11-27-03, 05:57 PM
Well, the sad part is the NorthStar is no longer a Caddy-onlye engine....it'll be going into Buicks and Pontiacs now...

....the Aurora dosn't count.....

eehoepp
11-29-03, 04:46 PM
Well, the sad part is the NorthStar is no longer a Caddy-onlye engine....it'll be going into Buicks and Pontiacs now...

....the Aurora dosn't count.....

But on the upside, an aftermarket for parts should follow.

gothicaleigh
12-01-03, 01:52 PM
Have they released the horsepower numbers for it?
I think it would be a mistake for them to put the exact same engine in a lower division's car.

Sandy
12-01-03, 02:00 PM
It's the engine from the Seville SLS. It's a special top of the line model GT-X Bonneville. Get your hands on the 2004 brochure for it. You should see the other stuff she comes with! Racing Pedals and tons of other kool stuff. Really Special Car. Purists will reject the FWD of it. I love it. :bouncy:

Night Wolf
12-01-03, 07:01 PM
yeah it gets the 275hp version.....

although Pontiac and Buick will be getting the current gen N*, by the time they come out, Cadillac will be using the 2nd (or 3rd?) gen N* with the VVT and 320hp or so..... so while it still isn't cool that theya re using the N*, they are not going to be using the same one in the new Caddys.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-03-03, 10:46 AM
early bonneville gxp prototypes had aurora v8s , wonder why they ended up useing northstar????

Sandy
12-03-03, 02:44 PM
Wasn't the Aurora V8 a Northstar? I was sure it was.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-03-03, 03:13 PM
no , it was a 4.0 not a 4.6 there were other little changes too , but it was a diffrent bore and stroke primarily , and wasnt as advanced as the nothrstar , making it a chaper engine for the lower rung aurora , the 3.5 v6 in the intrigue and 3.5 aurora is a aurora v8 with 2 cylanders lobbed off , similar to the 350/262 v6 from chevy.

Sandy
12-03-03, 05:06 PM
Okay, Thanks. I was always under the impression that the V8 Aurora shared the Seville SLS (275HP) version.

elwesso
12-03-03, 05:13 PM
Its basically the northstar, but a mini version.... The ministar if you will.....

Vesicant
12-03-03, 07:14 PM
I dont care what the economists say, but GM has done tooo much parts sharing between brands; that and Ford too. The Northstar should be Cadillac only, and GM should spend the money and re-create the 4.0 to put in the Bonneville. Reguardless- its stupid, reduces reliabillity between brands (one part could have a bad history and mess it for the rest of em)... I could go on and on, but this would require a new thread!

Noffin but royalty for Cadillac !...

ljklaiber
12-04-03, 03:50 PM
It's the engine from the Seville SLS. It's a special top of the line model GT-X Bonneville. Get your hands on the 2004 brochure for it. You should see the other stuff she comes with! Racing Pedals and tons of other kool stuff. Really Special Car. Purists will reject the FWD of it. I love it. :bouncy:

Yes! I appears that as the Seville name is dropped by Cadillac, the GXP will become the Seville platform continued. Good lookin car, Will have to check it out. It will have the stabiltrak, and 17, or 18 inch wheels.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-04-03, 03:53 PM
i guess it turns out it would be cheapr in the long run to use northstar , they can drop the dohc 3.5 and 4.0 now since there is nothing to put them in (rip olds) , unforeutnaly it will put more strain on the northstar suppliers

ljklaiber
12-04-03, 04:13 PM
i guess it turns out it would be cheapr in the long run to use northstar , they can drop the dohc 3.5 and 4.0 now since there is nothing to put them in (rip olds) , unforeutnaly it will put more strain on the northstar suppliers

Yes!
From what I hear from an old 'Buddy' who does R and D for GM..It is all about cost effective moves. He says the prototypes are good looking and fast, .....about 300 lbs less weight than the sls.