: urgent question...

da_thrilla
09-19-05, 05:43 AM
hey fellow forum memebers,
i hope youve all had a great summmer, ive brought in my car for its 25,000 km service (around 16 thous miles) and this is considered a full service here...my question is, how much have any of you paid for a full service in the states? over here the guy is charging me 550 chf, around 400 bucks, is that a norm? moreover, my front brake pads need changing and that is assumed to cost me another extra 500 francs, how much can new brake pads be? if anyone can give me a heads up i would be very appreciative, given the notion that i want to complain to my dealer, and more over cadillac europe, im sure the parts are cheaper in the states, but i need to know how much more...btw if you were wondering where i am, i am in geneva, switzerland...

da_thrilla
09-20-05, 04:42 PM
hmm, i dont think i asked a very complicated question...but if its that hard to say how much an annual service costs along with brake pads in the states...i wouldnt expect anyone to reply...http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/shakehead.gif

sgilbert
09-20-05, 05:13 PM
You might want to check gmpartsdirect.com for price of pads. I think you'll need the part #'s, though.

Annual service---not a clue. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"! Probably several hours at going shop rate. Do you really want to pay top dollar (or whatever you call it) to lube hinges, etc. ?

mokeeffe
09-21-05, 01:08 PM
A complete brake job here (Texas) should be around $300-$350. The service sounds a little steep. It would probably be about an hour and a half to 2 hours @$65-$85 per hour which would include a tire rotation plus an oil and filter change @$86.

ckrichards
09-21-05, 02:10 PM
Maint I cost me $136 in Western NY.

Last time I needed pads, they were covered under warranty.

da_thrilla
09-23-05, 06:44 AM
ckrichards,
what do you mean under warranty? i was told brake pads arent covered under warranty...other wise should i have been covered under warranty?

louisn
09-23-05, 08:53 AM
Most dealers use a little discretion with parts such as brake pads. Some dealers actually replace them under warranty even though they are technically a wear and tear item especially if under 20,000 miles. In my experience. Acura and Toyota and even Jeep warranteed new pads. It's politics IMO and you have to play the disgruntled owner game. .

krug300
09-23-05, 01:11 PM
Brake pads at around $ 350.00? Sounds a bit steep.You can order them, and probably pay half the amount including shipment and customs. Seems to me that you should just do the very basics, like oil (if time is up) and filters(oil, fuel, air, cabin). First madatory service is not due until 25,000 miles, and then you have replacement of engine coolant, tranny oil and filter etc.
But you are driving a Cadillac in Geneva.......that's what you are paying for. I am in the same situation, just further south in Athens, Greece.

MortnCyn
09-25-05, 10:20 AM
But you are driving a Cadillac in Geneva.......that's what you are paying for. I am in the same situation, just further south in Athens, Greece.
Same can be true in the US. We have local oil change firm with a number of facilities is the area that is $17.95 for lube and regular oil change. For Mobil 1 they are $45. When my daughter and family lived in the Detroit area they used to always get oil changes here while visiting for $15.95, at that time, while the Detroit area was $23.95 if you had coupon. At that time you could not buy a car in the Detroit area on a Saturday with the dealers closed. Wonder if that is still true?