: Ever see a woman driving a V?

kjr39
09-19-05, 01:11 AM
I was running errands today and a Silver V pulled up behind me. Being mighty impressed with the V I noticed it, but what I really noticed was that there was a woman driving it! I figured that the V would be more of a man's car and thought it was mighty cool to see a woman driving one (without a nervous looking guy in the passenger seat.)

I, of course, had to point this out to my wife who I am presently working overtime to convince that we /need/ to get a car with a stick...

Just curious if you have ever run across a V that is owned by a woman? (Speaking of which, any women here?)

CTSV05
09-19-05, 01:36 AM
My wife drives ours all the time and loves it.

I have also seen a good looking blonde in our area driving a slo V, (black obviously).

kjr39
09-19-05, 01:40 AM
Can your wife talk to mine? :)

So far she has been....an obstacle in getting the V. That and in the interior quality. She liked the C55 interior way better. (But thought that the M3 was horrible.)

CTSV05
09-19-05, 01:43 AM
Well, I'm sure she would.....

She had a Mini S prior to the V.

heavymetals
09-19-05, 01:59 AM
Can your wife talk to mine? :)

So far she has been....an obstacle in getting the V. That and in the interior quality. She liked the C55 interior way better. (But thought that the M3 was horrible.)

Get an STS-V (automatic) :thumbsup:

PneuBird
09-19-05, 04:30 AM
"Feline".....where are you??? :confused:

a64pilot
09-19-05, 08:10 AM
The V I call mine is really my wife's. She drives it to work every day and makes the payments. She has always been a performance car affecionado (sp?). We-she have gone through MG's, Miata and since 93 a couple of Fbody's. The airplane and bikes are mine though.

feline
09-19-05, 08:40 AM
FELINE---HERE!!! YES I am a WOMAN/GIRL/HOT CHICK (well 2 out of 3 ain't bad-lol) I OWN/DRIVE a "V" (black) and keep it spotless and also do alittle street racing!!! I used to be a Chevrolet Car Sales-Person!! I also own a '94 Z-28 "SUPERCHARGED" 6-speed Camaro. JOHN MOSS also signed my Engine Bay at a Car Show, he doesn't do that too often!! It's too bad that more women can't drive a stick but I guess it's for the better if they can't concentrate on what they are doing. I like being one of the "Select Few" STILL trying to convince my Husband into dropping the "V" off at MALLETT over the Winter!!!
Take Care,
Ginnie

evil 8
09-19-05, 09:54 AM
My wife is actually the proud owner of MY V. Its just a title thing. She drives it sometimes, but can't do a burnout as good as mine!! She has also ridden in the Moore Motorsports Drifting V and loved it!!
BTW:Most of you guys and the board drive like girls. lol

kjr39
09-19-05, 10:27 AM
Very cool that so many of y'all wives drive the V around. My wife is mighty scared of it as the last time she drove a stick it was a good 10 years ago and had no where near the power of the V.

I plan on doing the same thing as evil8 does and have my wife own the V.

And heavymetals, I can't do an automatic... That was one of the main minuses that we listed for the C55. Did not like the push button shifting.... (Well, that and Mercs are everywhere you look.)

I'll do a write up of my findings from test driving the M3, C55, and CTS-V when I get some time...

crowan
09-19-05, 11:44 AM
BTW:Most of you guys and the board drive like girls. lol

Hey! Cut me some slack. Powershifting makes my man-boobs jiggle!:hide:

CR

kjr39
09-19-05, 11:56 AM
There's a visual that I just did not need....

Brad330cic
09-19-05, 12:04 PM
My wife was kinda scared of mine at first....but then when for a long drive and LOVED it. The V will charm anyone I think. She is a super-hottie and gets lots of attention in it....so I try to keep her out of it. :)

GNSCOTT
09-19-05, 12:09 PM
Mine too is my wifes ride. She loves the V, but misses the 03 Vette she had to trade in to get it. She learned to drive a manual with it. I was going to trade it in for an SRT-8 and she was dissapointed to hear that the Mopar was auto only.

jimbohenson
09-19-05, 12:11 PM
I let my girl drive mine once in a while and she loves it. I also let my mom use one day when her car wouldnt start in the morning " Jesus f*&#@^g Christ son, that thing is way too fast, and dont you get sick of everyone looking at you". First time she drove a stick since her 78 Sting Ray. She loved it.

cram
09-19-05, 01:32 PM
My wife drives my V frequently as well. Make no mistake.....it's mine, but she works 3 miles from our house, so I let her drive it 3 days/week to help keep the mileage low and gas costs down (she loves fast starts). On the days I don't take the V, I commute with her 4-banger. Talk about a huge step down. :nono:

rand49er
09-19-05, 01:54 PM
My wife drives my V occasionally ... I can't watch, though :hide: . At least I've gotten her to park wa-a-a-y out in her parking lot (large hospital) so the sides are still pristine. She has virtually no interest in it, however. :helpless:

Redline
09-19-05, 02:57 PM
My wife drives mine to work on occasion -- people ask her all the time in the parking garage about what kind of car it is... and she looks good driving it!

Ryan's '05-V
09-19-05, 03:20 PM
Last week I saw a woman driving a silver V on I-94 and I saw a woman driving a another silver V about 6 months ago 40 miles away from there.

My wife could care less about it but can drive it fine. She's not a car person but loves her Tahoe and will not drive a minivan. That's all she knows. Since she had her Tahoe and the V deal popped up on us, I got my V. I love it but she thinks I spend to much time on it and I really don't at all. Boy would she be in for a surprise if I really did wash it all the time and polish/wax her up often.

Just get it and show her how to drive it so you can trust her with it. Then you will be fine.

c4racer
09-19-05, 05:36 PM
I saw a woman with a black V about 1 month ago in San Jose - couple kids in the back....

I just waxed my wife's car, which is 2 years old now and with 32K miles on it - Mazda Protege5. After looking over the body of that car, I will be perfectly happy to keep her out of my V thanks. Not that she does anything intentional I am sure, but probably parks it wherever and there are several major scrapes here and there that I just don't ask where they came from. For purposes of marital harmony of course. And then there is the interior...... :eek:

She could drive it, but I won't encourage it :yup:

She has driven some of my stick shift cars in the past, including a '90 Taurus SHO and a '98 M3 and pretty sure she drove my '00 M5 as well. Never drove any of my Corvette's or my IROC Camaro. I am sure she will drive the V and she will be very paranoid and careful when she does, because the last thing she wants to do is have any responsibility for damage on it!!

Ghost-V
09-19-05, 05:37 PM
OK, I'll chime in on this one...

"My" V is my wife's daily driver for the most part, and although I wash it, wax it, fuel it, keep all maintenance up to date, and pay for it, she is NOT afraid to beat the cubes. Makes me laugh when I watch her get on it - and leave me far behind in our H.O. V8 Grand Cherokee.

Only concern I've ever had is that she is more than happy running around @ 4k rpm and doesn't see the need to upshift (you know, for gas milage sake) - "But it's soooo much peppier up there, honey!!"

:yup:

AmesCTS-V
09-19-05, 05:39 PM
I've never seen another V on road period, let alone with a women driving.

-uplink-
09-19-05, 06:09 PM
Hey! Cut me some slack. Powershifting makes my man-boobs jiggle!:hide:

CR

Oh now that's just not right. :helpless:
-Mike

benjet
09-19-05, 06:41 PM
Other than my GF (driving mine - and she gets ALOT of looks driving the V) I'm pretty sure I've seen 2 one was a more mature woman too....

crowan
09-19-05, 08:36 PM
Actually, I've only seen one woman driving a V (Feline). Strangely, the one hi-po car that I constantly see women driving is the Viper.

CR

blown65
09-19-05, 11:32 PM
Our V is actually drivin 90% of the time by my wife. :)

kjr39
09-19-05, 11:39 PM
Can't handle driving it yourself?

(sorry, it's the beer talking.)

ntechnic
09-19-05, 11:43 PM
My wife drives my V all the time. She loved the Sigma chassis so much that we ditched her Lincoln Aviator two months after I bought the V and bought her SRX.

We just recently ran both the CTS-V and the SRX up at Los Angeles County Raceway a couple of weeks, my wife made two passes in her car and one in mine.

Here's a pic of wife in pit cooling her SRX between rounds:

trekster
09-20-05, 12:03 AM
Yeah, i've seen 2 women driving a V which is a mans car.
Women belong at the kitchen to make me dinner.

lol j/k

CTSV04
09-20-05, 01:05 AM
Not only have I seen one, but I've raced one. She was ahead of me on a backstreet with no traffic. I pulled beside her at a red light. I looked over and she seemed uninterested:sneaky:. However, once the light turned green, it was on. To my amazement she hit it:tisk: . I had no choice but to recover quickly and take her by a car length:thepan:. We blasted down the backstreets around 90mph until we finally got back into town:bouncy: .

-uplink-
09-20-05, 02:59 AM
Not only have I seen one, but I've raced one. She was ahead of me on a backstreet with no traffic. I pulled beside her at a red light. I looked over and she seemed uninterested:sneaky:. However, once the light turned green, it was on. To my amazement she hit it:tisk: . I had no choice but to recover quickly and take her by a car length:thepan:. We blasted down the backstreets around 90mph until we finally got back into town:bouncy: .

...with no phone number. :sneaky:
-Mike

captapp
09-20-05, 04:53 AM
Whoa Black Beast,

I am posting a reply to keep my wife form losing 25 driver points for obscenity.

My wife will not drive an automatic and thinks the throtle is an on/off switch, when she is not driving our V she is driving her procharged C4 millineum yellow Z51 roadster, only reason it is not a Z06 is that they don't come as a roadster. Sent her shopping for a Superfomance Cobra and she came home with the Vette, sent her shopping for a pickup and became a V owner. Absolutely love the V, lot of kills and a lot of fun.

When in southern Nevada be careful about picking on a good looking blonde driving a yellow vette or a black V.

kjr39
09-21-05, 08:34 PM
Very cool that so many of y'all wives drive the V around. My wife is mighty scared of it as the last time she drove a stick it was a good 10 years ago and had no where near the power of the V.

And, if you ever wonder if you are safe posting things online about your wife....think again.

I got a talking to about the above statement. And, for the record, she is NOT afraid of driving a stick. She just "doesn't want to listen to me bitch every time she drives it." (Her words, not mine.)

Umm, I guess my wife reads these forums too...

blown65
09-21-05, 08:48 PM
Can't handle driving it yourself?

(sorry, it's the beer talking.)

sure, I'll have to remind myself of that when I jump in my 700hp stang.

kjr39
09-21-05, 09:31 PM
lol.

Just messing.

PneuBird
09-22-05, 05:04 AM
Well, I've had the "V" for 19 months now and my wife has never driven the car. She has had stick cars before but I think she is a bit scared of the power. That's great for me....I get to "Beat the Cubes" everyday!!! :highfive:

CTSV05
09-22-05, 09:29 AM
My wife drives my V all the time. She loved the Sigma chassis so much that we ditched her Lincoln Aviator two months after I bought the V and bought her SRX.

We just recently ran both the CTS-V and the SRX up at Los Angeles County Raceway a couple of weeks, my wife made two passes in her car and one in mine.

Here's a pic of wife in pit cooling her SRX between rounds:

OMG!!!!

Couldn't you have at least cropped that picture!!!!

Damn You, I'll be seeing yellow icky things all day now!!!!

LMAO!!!

Chuck_V
09-22-05, 01:55 PM
I was running errands today and a Silver V pulled up behind me. Being mighty impressed with the V I noticed it, but what I really noticed was that there was a woman driving it! I figured that the V would be more of a man's car and thought it was mighty cool to see a woman driving one (without a nervous looking guy in the passenger seat.)

I, of course, had to point this out to my wife who I am presently working overtime to convince that we /need/ to get a car with a stick...

Just curious if you have ever run across a V that is owned by a woman? (Speaking of which, any women here?)

Where exactly in Charlotte? I let my wife drive my V on a regular basis and she just loves it! Sometimes it seems kinda hard to get her out of it.. :)

kjr39
09-22-05, 02:14 PM
I think it is Matthews out that way. Right off Independence pulling into a shopping center that has Costco, Circuit City and a bunch of other stores...

Sunday about 12:30ish...

blown65
09-22-05, 02:32 PM
lol.

Just messing.

lol, I know.

me three

Chuck_V
09-22-05, 03:50 PM
I think it is Matthews out that way. Right off Independence pulling into a shopping center that has Costco, Circuit City and a bunch of other stores...

Sunday about 12:30ish...

That makes me feel good, I am not the only one here that lets his lady beat the V. :)

C

kjr39
09-22-05, 04:00 PM
Shoot me an email when you get a chance: kjr39@yahoo.com