: Sunvisor removal

JOEYCTS-V
09-18-05, 08:29 PM
After I removed the 3 screws holding on the sunvisor I couldn't figure out how to remove the wires going to the visor? I tried pulling on the end, pushing it, etc. but couldn't figure out how it separates. Anyone?

jspridge
09-18-05, 09:46 PM
If you are removing the warning labels, you can do it with the visor hanging by the wire. Just take a beach towel or some plastic and lay it over the seat and the door sill and drape on onto the ground. As the label falls off, the covering will catch the debris. The Goof Off will be dry by the time the label comes off. This is what I did. I think you have to drop the headliner in order to unplug the wire.

JOEYCTS-V
09-18-05, 09:55 PM
Yes, I'm removing the warning labels. I started to do it but figured it would be a lot easier on a work bench. I guess I'll have to do it your way. Thanks.

1MEANV
09-18-05, 09:57 PM
What Isthe Process For Removing The Label

ctsvett
09-18-05, 10:44 PM
I posted the procedure here for you:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/sm/

Its the first one listed!

(P.S. it references removing the side molding... to do that carefully remvoe the ABS clip and remove the bolt behind it...)

let me know if you have anymore questions.

Reed

JOEYCTS-V
09-18-05, 10:47 PM
Thanks Reed. I did a search on the FAQ and nothing came up.

lasstss
09-18-05, 10:53 PM
After I removed the 3 screws holding on the sunvisor I couldn't figure out how to remove the wires going to the visor? I tried pulling on the end, pushing it, etc. but couldn't figure out how it separates. Anyone?

Be careful in removal. Some of the early visors had the wireing hot glued to the top of the headliner. (more difficult to remove).

ctsvett
09-18-05, 11:23 PM
It wasnt on the faq until a few minutes ago. I grabbed that when i saw your thread a few minutes ago...

Hope it helps.

Reed

tedcmiller
09-20-05, 10:10 AM
I think 1MEANV wanted to know how to remove the label from the sunscreen, not how to remove the sunscreen from the car.

jspridge
09-20-05, 11:35 AM
I think 1MEANV wanted to know how to remove the label from the sunscreen, not how to remove the sunscreen from the car.

I think that I am the only person to have successfully removed the warning labels so far, and my procedure worked on both an old visor (from my 2004) and a brand new visor (warranty replacement from a few weeks ago). You can read about it starting on the second page of this thread:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51528

Reed - if you want a better write up and more pictures for the faq, I can put something together. Let me know.

ctsvett
09-20-05, 12:09 PM
Please do....

Reed

ctsvett
09-20-05, 12:13 PM
it looks like you have a different visor from the pictures (with the note feature)... Were the labels stickers or screen printed right onto the visor?

Reed

jspridge
09-20-05, 12:45 PM
it looks like you have a different visor from the pictures (with the note feature)... Were the labels stickers or screen printed right onto the visor?

Reed

On both the old and the replacement visor, the warning label is a multi-layer silkscreen, which can be separated from the vinyl with Goof Off. I saw no difference in the label material or mounting on either visor.