: nav disc bull

Jay VDC
09-18-05, 05:12 PM
ok i finally got my nav disc, when i picked up my car 2 weeks ago when i bought it the disc was not in the car so they said they would order me a new one...

they took their sweet time and after a mouthful from me i get a new 06 disc. i pop it in, excited!

now i run into a problem, the damn thing won't let me switch states when inputting a destination!!~@!~1`1

it won't change from michigen!(sp) wtf! it says "no data matched" or something, wtf do i do! this is sick!! 50 g's and I can't even get a working nav disc, sick.

:want:

heavymetals
09-18-05, 05:31 PM
Good to know that this isn't my fault!:ripped:

What version and other stuff does the disc say on it?

If you want, I can send you a back up copy of the earlier version and you can use it to check and see if the new disc has a bug.

Jay VDC
09-18-05, 06:07 PM
i dont have the details on me right now, but i would greatly apreciate it if i could get a backup copy of yours to test mine, im sure its the software...

heavymetals
09-18-05, 06:18 PM
i dont have the details on me right now, but i would greatly apreciate it if i could get a backup copy of yours to test mine, im sure its the software...

Ok, give me an address, but I first need to know what your disc has printed on it, and the color.

Just so there is no misunderstanding, I will send you a back up copy of my original Ver. 6.0 Q4 02 and you can see if the "bug" you are experiencing with your newer factory one is there.

Ok?

Vegas-V
09-19-05, 03:18 PM
It isn't a bug in the software, it's a really, really shitty interface in the nav system. I had the exact same issue with mine, and me, my wife and cadillac customer service couldn't figure out how to fix it. The wife eventually did something that got it to kick over to Nevada where we live, but we don't have any idea how we did it...

heavymetals
09-19-05, 03:25 PM
It isn't a bug in the software, it's a really, really shitty interface in the nav system. I had the exact same issue with mine, and me, my wife and cadillac customer service couldn't figure out how to fix it. The wife eventually did something that got it to kick over to Nevada where we live, but we don't have any idea how we did it...

At first, the GPS has to reset and communicate with the disc.
That is not the problem.

Some people are reporting that they can't set a destination outside of Michigan or something to that effect.

That may be a bug in the new disc. (Q2 03)

lawfive
09-19-05, 03:55 PM
Correct: can't set a trip destination to a non-Michigan address.

heavymetals
09-19-05, 04:00 PM
Correct: can't set a trip destination to a non-Michigan address.

Well either you go to Michigan, or you don't take any trips!:histeric:

Seriously, I think this is a bug in the new nav DVD.

I need to know what color the disk is and what it has printed on it.

Should say: Ver 6.0 Q2 03

avfares
09-19-05, 07:56 PM
I am having the same issue and then my car is dirty as hell and my trunk won't close.

1badcady
09-19-05, 08:43 PM
Hi guys new to the forum, already a few mods:stirpot:, lpg-stealth tune-
ucc shifter, anyway the guys at cady are all screwed up :confused: . i had
the same issue, the disks have to match the car & year, a disk from
a srx will not work on a v, thev ultimately had to track down the disk
from the original dealer because the one they ordered twice were
stuck on michigan as well:sneaky: good luck.

abuzzijr
09-19-05, 09:06 PM
Based on a post I read some time ago about the old Nav disk, I pulled mine and also noticed it was 2002 edition. I called my dealer (who has been excellent) and they immediately apologized and ordered me a new Nav Disk. Once I got it, I had the same problem others are reporting.....I couldn't switch out of Michigan. I reported it to my dealer and the service manager acknowledged that he had heard of the problem before. They ordered me another disk. They called me today to let me know the disk was in. I went to the dealership (about 5 miles away from my office) and swapped disks....but did not leave. I wanted to test the disk before I left. Sure enough, I couldn't switch out of Michigan. This time the service manager came out with me and we tried both disks...no joy. They got on the phone while I was there to try to solve the porblem once and for all.....now for the big finish!:alchi:

Apparently, if your CTS-V was made without the updated Nav Traffic system, the new disks will not work. The older system, which is in my 2005 CTS-V that I bought in February of this year, will only work with the older disk. At this time, Cadillac has no plans to offer an updated disk. This does not make me happy.:ill:

That is what I learned today. I hope someone else on this forum can prove me wrong.:suspense:

heavymetals
09-19-05, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the info.

Time to try an INFINITY disc!

benjet
09-20-05, 12:52 PM
New NAV unit + New NAV DVD = Can't leave Michigan for me either :(

Back to the dealer EVERY week.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

avfares
09-20-05, 04:55 PM
When to the dealer today. They fixed my trunk and ordered me a new Nav unit because my Band button was coming off. The guy at the dealer didn't know how to use the Nav system so i had to prove to him it wouldn't work.

a64pilot
09-20-05, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=abuzzijr]Based on a post I read some time ago about the old Nav disk, I pulled mine and also noticed it was 2002 edition. I called my dealer (who has been excellent) and they immediately apologized and ordered me a new Nav Disk. Once I got it, I had the same problem others are reporting.....I couldn't switch out of Michigan. I reported it to my dealer and the service manager acknowledged that he had heard of the problem before. They ordered me another disk. They called me today to let me know the disk was in. I went to the dealership (about 5 miles away from my office) and swapped disks....but did not leave. I wanted to test the disk before I left. Sure enough, I couldn't switch out of Michigan. This time the service manager came out with me and we tried both disks...no joy. They got on the phone while I was there to try to solve the porblem once and for all.....now for the big finish!:alchi:

Apparently, if your CTS-V was made without the updated Nav Traffic system, the new disks will not work. The older system, which is in my 2005 CTS-V that I bought in February of this year, will only work with the older disk. At this time, Cadillac has no plans to offer an updated disk. This does not make me happy.:ill:

That is what I learned today. I hope someone else on this forum can prove me wrong.:suspense:[/QUOTE ]

If you had a problem with your Nav unit like say maybe a bad button then they would replace it with an updated unit wouldn't they? I mean in six months or so when I have rear end problems they will install an 06 rear end won't they?

heavymetals
09-20-05, 07:20 PM
There is no guarantee that a replacement unit will be an updated unit.:thepan:

That is why they should have made the nav unit "flashable", so that this type of nonsense doesn't happen.:thepan: :thepan: :banghead: :mad:

avfares
09-20-05, 08:15 PM
They said my radio will be in in two days i will post my results when it comes in. I do have the Nav Traffic Button and the new disk still doesn't work.

benjet
09-20-05, 08:29 PM
They said my radio will be in in two days i will post my results when it comes in. I do have the Nav Traffic Button and the new disk still doesn't work.

Nav Traffic Button?

heavymetals
09-20-05, 08:33 PM

You are subscribed to XM radio right?:suspense:

avfares
09-20-05, 08:57 PM
Yes, I only mentioned that because someone said the new disk will only work in the units with the traffic button. But the service manager thinks my unit is bad. We will see...

im20agn
09-22-05, 03:49 PM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this problem, thought I was going to have to move to Michigan.

I did figure out how to (in a round about way) switch states.

What you do is go to the POI selection find a POI in the state you want and then you can input the address you really want in that state. Example:
I live in Washington so I input a POI of Boeing field. That switched me from Michigan to Washington then I was able to enter the address I wanted.:cookoo: It's not the way it should be but it works for now. Zinrin, the company that makes the nav disks is coming out with version 6.4 in October the disk I now have is 6.0 so I'll get the update and hope that works but if it doen't, I'm going to get on my dealer untill the problem is solved.:mad2:

benjet
09-22-05, 06:18 PM
Tommorow should be my 3rd time in for a NAV issue THIS month.

1. NAV Crashes at will, replaced NAV unit.
2. NAV Doesn't wake up (doesn't recognize a DVD in drive - can't eject DVD) - replaced DVD
3. Can't enter a non-Mich addy, we'll see what tommorow brings.

They can keep the car until they figure this out.

heavymetals
09-22-05, 07:05 PM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this problem, thought I was going to have to move to Michigan.

I did figure out how to (in a round about way) switch states.

What you do is go to the POI selection find a POI in the state you want and then you can input the address you really want in that state. Example:
I live in Washington so I input a POI of Boeing field. That switched me from Michigan to Washington then I was able to enter the address I wanted.:cookoo: It's not the way it should be but it works for now. Zinrin, the company that makes the nav disks is coming out with version 6.4 in October the disk I now have is 6.0 so I'll get the update and hope that works but if it doen't, I'm going to get on my dealer untill the problem is solved.:mad2:

Good fix!

I hope a lot of other people who have that problem try your remedy.:sneaky: