: Big problem, slinging belt off at 490hp on dyno, but

BliTzer
09-18-05, 04:57 PM
Well the deal is, my tensioner went out, so i took it into the dealer, they did not put on the right tensioner pulley, they installed the stock one. After i started reading about the maggie install features thanx to our FAQ, thanx reed..
I noticed maggie has its own tensioner... now, im screwed, the phr crew was there when it started to slip, it silpped so bad i made barely 350hp to the rwhp. so then thats why we changed it.. the slipped stopped now but i cant reach 6k on the tach or dyno before the belt flys off...
the dyno shop is closed monday, tuesday & weds is the final days of the shoot and run.. so i need the damn right tensioner, or a bandaid fix to get me by until i can get the right one...

what i have done so far is this, i went to a 5/8 shorter belt to add more pressure/tension hoping that might, keyword might, keep it on.. also i noticed this as well... could just be an illusion, but it looks like the 2.75 pulley is back lil further than the tension pulley.. is there a shim that goes behind the maggie pulley? i can not remeber, and NO WHERE does it say about it the pulley change in the faq or maggie that i can find..
GUYS, i need help asap on this... again i call upon my friends on this forum to come with something.. pulley with higher sidewalls? maybe? would that work any ideas..

thanx guys,
blitzer

Drift-caddy
09-18-05, 06:26 PM
Well the deal is, my tensioner went out, so i took it into the dealer, they did not put on the right tensioner pulley, they installed the stock one. After i started reading about the maggie install features thanx to our FAQ, thanx reed..
I noticed maggie has its own tensioner... now, im screwed, the phr crew was there when it started to slip, it silpped so bad i made barely 350hp to the rwhp. so then thats why we changed it.. the slipped stopped now but i cant reach 6k on the tach or dyno before the belt flys off...
the dyno shop is closed monday, tuesday & weds is the final days of the shoot and run.. so i need the damn right tensioner, or a bandaid fix to get me by until i can get the right one...

what i have done so far is this, i went to a 5/8 shorter belt to add more pressure/tension hoping that might, keyword might, keep it on.. also i noticed this as well... could just be an illusion, but it looks like the 2.75 pulley is back lil further than the tension pulley.. is there a shim that goes behind the maggie pulley? i can not remeber, and NO WHERE does it say about it the pulley change in the faq or maggie that i can find..
GUYS, i need help asap on this... again i call upon my friends on this forum to come with something.. pulley with higher sidewalls? maybe? would that work any ideas..

thanx guys,
blitzer

Hey i have a extra maggie tensioner at work that i can ship to you, also you will need to do what we had to do on some of our higher hp cars. You will need a cog belt and pulleys. I know it is a pain in the ass, but that is the best way to do it. Now we are over 650rwhp. also you want to make sure the pulley is alighn correctly. it sounds like it may not be on correct. Also there maybe a shim behind the tensioner. you will need to really check this out and alos make sure you dont have a bent pulley.

BliTzer
09-18-05, 06:38 PM
Moore, that sounds awesome.. but i dont think there is enuff time to get it to me before the run.. my first dyno report before all this crap happened i was right at 640hp, actually 638 at the wheels... it slipped so bad i lost so much boost i could nt even make stock hp that comes witrh the car.. geezus h krist..
I have the caddy dealer digging thru the boxes, might be tomorrow before i can get my hands on it and install it myself.

tell ya what, hell with it.. tell me what i need to do to get you $$$ and ship this thing as fast as possible... i was told either fedex or ups has same day shipping if it is out early enuff in the am hours they can fly it in the same day, delivered in the afternoon.. i will pay for and any expenses.... please let me know, or call me at 480-212-3551 thats my cell... i have all this crap going on, including tearing apart that other V rear end.. we have it off now btw.. so as soon as we get it on the work bench take some measurements, lokks like, maybe that cf 13 inch shaft with flanges on it might work with the vette diff.. i also bought a 12 bolt rear end, and a ford 9 inch off a truck.. we will be experimenting with all.. lol

thanx moore,, you guys are great!
later blitzer

Drift-caddy
09-18-05, 07:02 PM
Moore, that sounds awesome.. but i dont think there is enuff time to get it to me before the run.. my first dyno report before all this crap happened i was right at 640hp, actually 638 at the wheels... it slipped so bad i lost so much boost i could nt even make stock hp that comes witrh the car.. geezus h krist..
I have the caddy dealer digging thru the boxes, might be tomorrow before i can get my hands on it and install it myself.

tell ya what, hell with it.. tell me what i need to do to get you $$$ and ship this thing as fast as possible... i was told either fedex or ups has same day shipping if it is out early enuff in the am hours they can fly it in the same day, delivered in the afternoon.. i will pay for and any expenses.... please let me know, or call me at 480-212-3551 thats my cell... i have all this crap going on, including tearing apart that other V rear end.. we have it off now btw.. so as soon as we get it on the work bench take some measurements, lokks like, maybe that cf 13 inch shaft with flanges on it might work with the vette diff.. i also bought a 12 bolt rear end, and a ford 9 inch off a truck.. we will be experimenting with all.. lol

thanx moore,, you guys are great!
later blitzer

where are you located at? yea UPS does have same day shipping, i will chck at work how much and call you then. take a straight edge and see if the pulley is lined up even with the Maggie pulley. Good luck with the rear end, as i said we have done it before and is really not that hard with a good fab guy. Also who is doing your tune? are you sure the maggie is ok for this? you may have a delay in maggie pulley speed vs crank pulley. the SC housing may be "full" causing a slight backspin effect/ i hope that makes sence to you.

BliTzer
09-18-05, 07:05 PM
I am in phoenix, but about 20 minutes outside of there in mesa.. I will pm you my addy and info ok..

thanx my friend,,
later blitzer..

BliTzer
09-18-05, 07:34 PM
Moore,

i sent pm to you.. so this way you haveall my info for contact.. i have to go back to garage for a few to work on V, finishing up on last guages, my egt/pyro, and my oil temp guage for my greddy oil cooler... i really want to monitor the cooling effect of that cooler.. so far it has dropped the oil temp 30 degrees... it was hitting almost 300 during the desert heat here.. now it staying around 214 to 220..

later blitzer

heavymetals
09-18-05, 08:33 PM
I haven't given up on the hood Blitzer.

I still may get a SPECTER if Jimmey's doesn't work out.

BliTzer
09-18-05, 11:22 PM
well i hope all this works out & i can get this tensioner... i know there is one around phoenix somewhere,,, but hell i can wait till last minute on this... im going to check to see if the arm can be shimmed slightly.. i have a shim kit around somewhere. my uncle was a millright and he gave it to me when he retired, talk about some shims..lol all kinds, shapes, sizes, and some are so thin the wind will tear them,, crazy huh.. so maybe if pulley is off slightly i can fix that, but im worried why the hell the 2.75 pulley went baqck so far for only 40 to 45 ft pounds of torque. it can be decieving eye balling pulley lineups,,, to me it looks good, maybe a slight oh so slight on the maggie pulley being back just a tad more than it should. but hell i dont know.. im getting tired of this.. i am about ready to buy me a Used Diablo.. good deal, only 3200 miles, and it hauls ass.. if i cant get this where i want it, then im done. my pantients are running thin right now.

later blitzer