: damn, damn, damn, damn...

barry007
09-17-05, 08:47 PM
well i took some customers to the Mich game today and took the V..usually take one of our other cars..can you see where this is goiing...where i was parked - directed to by the lot owner - just happened to parke underneath a branch of a really tall crab apple tree. I got to my car and there was a couple apples on my roof - one leaving a nice 3 inch dia. dent right next to the nav antenna.

Shit.:banghead:

51PHFTY
09-17-05, 08:53 PM
well i took some customers to the Mich game today and took the V..usually take one of our other cars..can you see where this is goiing...where i was parked - directed to by the lot owner - just happened to parke underneath a branch of a really tall crab apple tree. I got to my car and there was a couple apples on my roof - one leaving a nice 3 inch dia. dent right next to the nav antenna.

If there are no creases and and the paint is intact, maybe a good "paintless dent removal" guy can help? I am told they use suction cups and heat. I have used them several times (once on the V by the dealership) with great results.

Bummer!!!!

urbanski
09-17-05, 09:58 PM
yeah the roof sheetmetal is really flimsy....paintless dent removal should be able to get you fixed

CTSV05
09-17-05, 11:00 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hate it when that happens!!!

trekster
09-17-05, 11:10 PM

Shit.:banghead: Don't feel bad one of my employees damaged my front left fender by being a lazy ass and not lifting up the forks while driving the forklift.
Also, some bastard threw an egg on my car and left a nice mark the next morning. Next, my father was backing up his car out of the driveway and scratched my front bumper. Finally, my entire rear right wheel has a huge curb rash. Getting it all repaired next week.

Closer_2001
09-20-05, 12:34 AM

No sweat. A PDR = Paintless Dent Repair guy can get that out no problem. It should cost you about $100 Max.

CVP33
09-20-05, 12:41 AM
Newton's first law: An object in motion tends to stay in motion.

http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/gbssci/phys/Class/newtlaws/u2l1a1.gif

Now to help you with this apply CVP's law of retribution. Buy a gas powered chain saw and return to the scene of this heinous act and teach that crab tree a lesson. Nobody F's with my V. :lildevil:

lasstss
09-20-05, 12:46 AM
Newton's first law:

http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/gbssci/phys/Class/newtlaws/u2l1a1.gif

Now to help you with this apply CVP's law of retribution. Buy a gas powered chain saw and return to the scene of this heinous act and teach that crab tree a lesson. Nobody F's with my V. :lildevil:

Boyle's law... things get worse under pressure!
Diff #5 is the charm...:duck:

GT04CTS-V
09-20-05, 11:52 AM
Lasstss - eh?? What?? Diff #5???

Barry007 - The paintless dent removal guys work wonders. I had a small dent right above the gas filler. They glued on some pins and were able to remove the dent. :)

GT

rand49er
09-20-05, 05:52 PM
Barry: Who's your dealer? When I got my bushings installed at Don Massey, an older couple had their older DeVille in to have a bunch of grocery-store dents removed. I didn't see it in the "before" condition, but it looked nearly perfect in the "after" condition. The service guy said they use someone "on the outside" who comes in and does wonders. As the guys stated earlier in this thread, you may have to shell out a few clams, but it can be done. :D Randy

barry007
09-24-05, 10:20 AM
i'll ask the guys at Don Massey next time i'm in there - i try to avoid them as much as possible.

Thanks for the advice (and refresher physics lessons).

B
UofM BSME

rand49er
09-24-05, 12:44 PM
UofM BSME
Me too! UofM BSME

barry007
09-24-05, 08:27 PM
go blue...i took M giving 2.5...don't let me down loyd.

CVP33
09-24-05, 10:42 PM
go blue...i took M giving 2.5...don't let me down loyd.

Born and raised in Bay City, MI. Diehard UofM fan. Boys our season just ended. First Notre Damnit, now Wussconsin. We're cooked for this year. If we lose to Michigan State next week and Ohio State later on I'll just kill myself. :banghead:

barry007
09-24-05, 11:17 PM
if that comes true, loyd's a gonner.

my weekend is ruined.

RocketV
09-27-05, 03:37 AM
Muck Fichigan. Go Boilers! Go Hawks! Go Bucks! Go Illini!(at least try):Poke:

My wife and I have a good bit of the Big Ten covered, (3 for her, 1 for me) and all four of our schools really dislike michigan. For some reason Michigan State is not despised at the same levels.

We do like the state of Michigan, however.

Yes, I know this is off topic, but all this U of M love demands a response.:cool2:

RobzBLKV
09-27-05, 05:33 AM
Muck Fichigan. Go Boilers! Go Hawks! Go Bucks! Go Illini!(at least try):Poke:

My wife and I have a good bit of the Big Ten covered, (3 for her, 1 for me) and all four of our schools really dislike michigan. For some reason Michigan State is not despised at the same levels.

We do like the state of Michigan, however.

Yes, I know this is off topic, but all this U of M love demands a response.:cool2:

:helpless:

There is a reason that my brother lives halfway across the country from the rest of the family. Part of that reason is his obvious failure to appreciate the superiority of the Illini. His wife (the best thing he has managed to come up with so far and maybe the reason we still admit he is part of the family) has an Illini history, so we do have some hope.

Barry007, I am certain that you won't be able to tell there was a problem when the paintless dent guy gets through with your car.

RocketV
09-27-05, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=RobzBLKV]:helpless:

There is a reason that my brother lives halfway across the country from the rest of the family. Part of that reason is his obvious failure to appreciate the superiority of the Illini. His wife (the best thing he has managed to come up with so far and maybe the reason we still admit he is part of the family) has an Illini history, so we do have some hope.QUOTE]

Phooey. It was a rough day for us saturday. Purdue lost, the illini got CRUSHED, and Iowa lost big. The only thing that eased the blow was that Iowa got beat by the OSU.

6 days after I took delivery of my V some butt nugget opened his door into my right rear fender. 4 days after that, someone got it with a briefcase, or something. I am pondering leaving the dents for a while just toward off more damage!

barry007
09-28-05, 11:26 AM
i can understand why OSU and M don't get along, but why there is this anger from the lower tier I'll never understand :histeric:.

Not to thread jack my own thread, but I think all of college football is in a massive state of parody this year. There's not a single unbeatable team out there...even mighty USC looked weak verse the ugly ducklings - too bad they are the biggest challenge for them this year in the Weak 10.

C'mon Loyd...ruin Sparty's season for me...just win baby.:cloud9:

rand49er
09-28-05, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=RobzBLKV]:helpless:

butt nugget
:histeric: With a two and half year old not yet out of diapers, this was a GREAT description of people who ding cars!!!

With 5-1/2 degrees from UofM between my wife and I, we are Michigan first, the state of Michigan second, then very pro-Big Ten conference (yes, including OSU :crying: ), and very down on any California schools ("SC ... who's that? Southern Christian, or South Carolina, or Slippery _ock?"), and can't stand Notre Dame.

Wow! Where's this thread going? :confused:

barry007
10-01-05, 12:04 AM
and can't stand Notre Dame.

Wow! Where's this thread going? :confused:

for what it's worth, i wore my "rudy sucks" tee shirt to the M v. ND game.
B

CVP33
10-01-05, 05:23 PM
Thank god M beat M state.