: Help re 1959 Cadillacs

BDA 454
11-26-03, 05:37 PM
I'm writing a novel and need help with one tiny aspect of the story. One character owns two Caddies. A '59 convertible and a '59 coupe. I want them to be a matching pair, bought as a pair by the first owner, but how close can they be if I'm to stay real? Can I have them both silver with red interiors? Can they both be the same model (eg Eldorado)? When the factory built them, were they all built on the same production line? If so, can a coupe and a convertible have consecutive serial/vin numbers? I'm afraid I know my Corvettes much better than I know my Caddies, but I'd like to get this aspect of my story correct (for all the real Caddy fans out there). Any help is much appreciated.

MMNineInchNails
11-27-03, 12:31 AM
Sorry I don't know your answers but someone will definatly know. What is the book called? What's it about? Sounds kinda cool if it has two '59s.

BDA 454
11-27-03, 05:03 PM
Sorry I don't know your answers but someone will definatly know. What is the book called? What's it about? Sounds kinda cool if it has two '59s.

As much as I love Cadillacs, the two in this book are simply part of a 21 car collection (all sorts of American and Euro) owned by a wealthy individual. The key character in the book (Paul) works as chauffeur/car cleaner/pool man/etc for the owner and is simply cleaning the Caddies when he thinks about the story of how his boss came to own them. The book itself is called "Super Duty" and concerns events surrounding a stolen '73 Super Duty Trans Am. I'm writing it under the name Daniel K Munroe, and will hopefully have it published during the first half of 2004. The story is finished and going through some final vetting/tweaking. It's (hopefully) entertaining action/adventure, with a strong undercurrent of motoring enthusiasm. I'm also hoping to write a couple of sequels, and one of those is going to have a stronger Cadillac theme. I'm first and foremost a Corvette, Trans Am, and Camaro fan, but I've always had a soft spot for the early seventies Caddy, be it a sedan, a coupe, or a convertible! Yours looks cool, by the way.

MMNineInchNails
11-27-03, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the complement. If the two '59s were same color and almost the same and all, I think it might get a little confusing for the reader because they'll have a hard time determining which is which. I'm also a huge first gen camaro lover. Gotta love the '69s. :cool: Hopefully my next car will be a '69 camaro project.

DaveSmed
11-27-03, 11:35 PM
Don't know if this will help or not, but it's worth a shot. http://home.wanadoo.nl/shaul/cf/co00/co59.html

back
11-29-03, 10:23 AM
Awsome, a 59 caddy topic. even though my specialty is 59 Cadillac hearses & ambulances heres a link with some information that you may find helpful:
http://back16.tripod.com/info1.htm
im gone.

BDA 454
12-01-03, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the help everyone. Much appreciated.
BDA454.