: TA fbody says "what the hell you have in that Caddy?"

M5eatr
09-17-05, 04:46 AM
There was this guy in a moded late model TA, the one with the Ram Air hood that just begged to get a lesson. As I pull out of the office driveway, there was a guy at the corner in a TA who didn't like that I stepped out in front of his big bad TA and proceeded to blow past me and shot me a look. Normally I would have ignoired this young kid because I just wouldn't want to waste my time, but that look he gave me just pissed me off. So I followed and caught up with him a few lights down. We are side by side, I am on my cell phone no less with my buddy. I shift the phone to the left ear and look over, the guy is eyeballing me so I know he will be ready. Light turns green, I take off, I mean it wasn't even close. I got a good launch with minimal spin but the 1-2 power shift banged like a Boston Red Sox whore. Stop at the next light and he pulls up alongside, and says " I have never been beat like that before. What do you have in that Caddy?"

LS6 sport, any other questions?

"Let's go again" he says in disbelief. Allright one good spanking deserves another I thought to myself. Still on the cell phone mind you with my friend telling me I am nuts. Another go and same result only this time some cop on a scooter pulls in front of me at the next light and says pull over. Crap. I didn't know if it was for the "display of excessive speed" or the cell phone. Out comes all the PBA cards, Captain's card and my detective card hoping for a pass. The cop lets me go with just a warning and said next time nothing is going to get me out of it. The other guy was let go also. He pulls out and says to me "Dam, looks like I gotta get me a Caddy."

jimbohenson
09-17-05, 11:00 AM
Good shit. I gave a new automatic C6 a good run. He was blown away. He did get me but it was real close. We did a rolling start the second time and about 15 and he got spanked. He pulled up next to me again "what in the HELL is that" I proceeded to explain and he said he was on the way to the Cadillac dealer.

2004ctsv
09-17-05, 11:12 AM
Let's see - left hand on the phone, right hand on the gear shift - don't tell me how you held the wheel. I'll feel too inadequate

Tony

crowan
09-17-05, 11:39 AM
Let's see - left hand on the phone, right hand on the gear shift - don't tell me how you held the wheel. I'll feel too inadequate

Tony

Especially if he was still able to hold the wheel at the "10 & 2" position! :suspense:

CR