: Problem with 97 Eldorado. P 0300...

Craine
05-21-14, 05:20 PM
Hey all, first time poster looking for some advice on resolving issues with my 97 Eldorado ETC. About a week ago my service engine light came on, I checked codes and came up with a PO300. I had this code before, and I ended up having to replace spark plugs and one ignition coil. Sure enough, this time another one of the coils needed to be replaced and I figured Id replace all four and save myself some work in the future. Today as I was driving back from work, the engine began to flutter while I was idling and the oil pressure warning light came on. Not the audible warning with the dashboard message, just the light. I pulled up the codes and there was another PO300. It was also pretty jumpy on takeoffs. I have no idea what it might be, and it has been running fine since I replaced the coils last week. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

Submariner409
05-21-14, 05:41 PM
Our onboard code systems won't resolve which P 03XX code identifies the misfiring cylinder(s). If you can, take the car to a parts chain store and have them scan it - their machines will give you the cylinder(s) in question.

In the meantime, remove all the coils and clean the ICM plate - and look hard: They tend to crack and that's circuit board death. Make sure the ICM ground cable and connections is perfect. Connect the coils/wires/plugs as shown - proper coil connection is important.

AC Delco #41-950 Professional Platinum plugs only.

Craine
05-21-14, 06:10 PM
Our onboard code systems won't resolve which P 03XX code identifies the misfiring cylinder(s). If you can, take the car to a parts chain store and have them scan it - their machines will give you the cylinder(s) in question.

In the meantime, remove all the coils and clean the ICM plate - and look hard: They tend to crack and that's circuit board death. Make sure the ICM ground cable and connections is perfect. Connect the coils/wires/plugs as shown - proper coil connection is important.

AC Delco #41-950 Professional Platinum plugs only.

Thanks for the quick response Submariner. I didnt consider cleaning the plate when i was replacing the coils so Ill definitely have to see if that works, and Ill check the connections while Im at it. Ill report back with what I find

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)