: Flamed Engine Cover Repeat - Better pix

CVP33
09-16-05, 06:22 PM
Had to post these. Sorry, no V to put the engine cover on yet. I'm told Monday I will have my V back. Here's hoping.

slow35th
09-16-05, 06:28 PM
That is stunning. Who did it and how much?

CVP33
09-16-05, 06:30 PM
Email - strykerpaint@gmail.com

Be patient too. It takes about a month. This guy is booked because he's good.

$250 + your shipping to him. Mine was $300 because I bought another forum member's cover to keep a stock one just in case.

Zeppelin
09-16-05, 06:47 PM
Very cool. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HDMLNIUM
09-16-05, 06:53 PM
Beautiful, very nice and worth the wait by the looks of it...:yup: :thumbsup:

Bill

Zeppelin
09-16-05, 07:02 PM
Now one of the Maggie owners has to modify the stock engine cover so the Maggie sticks through, and get it painted. :D

urbanski
09-16-05, 07:13 PM
get that guy to become supporting here....he'd make a killing!

CVP33
09-16-05, 07:17 PM
get that guy to become supporting here....he'd make a killing!

I told him to get ready for some emails after I posted the pix. The cover in black looks much more appropriate for the car and the flames, well......you know. :thumbsup:

Zeppelin
09-16-05, 07:52 PM
My buddy that painted my Formula is doing mine soon. Here's a pic of the formula. Currently f/s BTW.

http://www.edensgatecorals.com/My-Formula1.gif

ccclarke
09-16-05, 09:20 PM
Nice paint job on the engine cover. For flame fans who want the ultimate in what's possible (providing you have the $$$) visit this site: http://www.killerpaint.com/

Slywun
09-17-05, 03:19 AM
Very nice!!!

09-17-05, 10:52 AM
We'll have to have a Farm Fresh meet soon so that I can see it in person.

D

CVP33
09-17-05, 11:19 PM
Whenever your ready Doug, but I have a better idea. We should get about 5 or 6 of us and go up to Richmond Dragway. Even if you only run once and baby it, it's still a hoot!

CTSV05
09-18-05, 01:59 AM
Whenever your ready Doug, but I have a better idea. We should get about 5 or 6 of us and go up to Richmond Dragway. Even if you only run once and baby it, it's still a hoot!

AAAAWWWWWW

I'M TELLIN......ABUSE ALERT...ABUSE ALERT!

:histeric: :histeric:

Ghost-V
09-19-05, 05:52 PM
They just had a piece on the guy from killerpaint.com on RIDES the other night...

WOW! Even after watching him layout those flames, it still doesn't seem possible once you see the final product.

Hope Cadillac won't find some reason to void a warranty for having a paint job like that!!!

:histeric:

cjp85
09-19-05, 06:21 PM
Wow. I'm not a fan of flames at all, but that is just beautiful.

Rickerbucks
09-19-05, 07:45 PM
Mike Lavallee (Killer paint) lives about 90 mins South of me and I went and visited him.

WOW

I cannot discribe how fabulous those flame jobs look. He had a metal chair that he painted with a mural and ...I'll TRY and discribe it.

I came into his office and absently sat on the chair. He then took a call and as he chatted I absently looked down between my legs and noticed the seat of the chair. Muralled, in centre of the chair, was a sort of piraha / demonic gold fish that you might see 10,000 feet under the sea and though "pretending" to be dead (the way it was laying )it's black bug eyes were open. Then in the background was the shadowy head in the rocks of an electric eel, again, this sort of deep see monster that was looking at the fish. As if they were a tag team of predators.

As amazing as that was, it was the special affect that was painted on the chair that just made me say "wtf".

You know when you have a FABULOUS wax job on the car and you wash it and the water beeds on the trunk lid? Imagine that the sun is setting, and as you look at the beaded water the sun is reflecting on one side of the beaded water. Looks pretty cool right?

Well, painted over this mural was this water bead affect. And I mean THOUSANDS of drops of water from pinpoints to maybe the size of a pea. Even though I had SAT in the chair, I touched the chair figuring it HAD TO BE wet.

"How the HELL did you do THAT?". How could you possibly mural these THOUSANDS of water spots?

He told me it took about two minutes to do.

Once the mural was done, he just sprayed water on the chair and then just shot white paint over the water (i assume at a VERY low angle) and then the water evaporates creating the affect.

You have to see it first hand to have ANY concept of how freakin wild it looked.

ONE day, when money allows, I want him to paint my TA and have him mural a Pheonix (screamin' chicken) into the "flames".

MN CTS-VETT
09-19-05, 08:51 PM
I'm curious about the process of creating the flames - is this an airbrush technique? Last year I was in Spa, Belgium and saw an airbrush / artists show. Lots of cars, cycles and people painted with extreme detail. I was impressed with the technique, and it looked difficult!

Ghost-V
09-20-05, 10:54 AM
is this an airbrush technique?

Yeah, from what they showed on RIDES, it is many, many, many layers using an airbrush and some kind of stencil mask thingy that has all kinds of curves around the edges.