: Dammit!

lawfive
09-16-05, 12:39 PM
A lot of you V owners are posting a bunch and are also saying that you're getting good info off this forum, yet you still are not Supporting Members. :nono: Please, those of you who can afford to, put your money where your keyboard is and send Sal some moola! It's cheap, and a seriously good value as I'm sure pretty much everyone here would agree. Make this your next mod! Let's show those other Caddy forums who's boss and get a "Supporting Member" badge next to every poster's avatar. Supporting member subscriptions start as low as $5.00. Click here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/subscriptions.php

Also, let us not forget Brother Reed :worship: and the Cadillac FAQ. Anyone who's ever looked up a specification, found a vendor offering, or been helped out of a tight spot by referencing install instructions, drawings, or pictures on the FAQ needs to send Reed a PayPal today! Click here: http://cadillacfaq.com/donate.html

:thepan: :horse:

heavymetals
09-16-05, 12:44 PM
DITTO.

Lurkers here shop for the best deals, free information, and in some sick cases, just want to spar with the supporting members.:mad:

Cheap bastards.:thepan:

cram
09-16-05, 01:00 PM
I'm in.....just waiting for "Supporting Member" badge to identify me as such.

wildwhl
09-16-05, 01:52 PM
Damn straight lawfive!

Drift-caddy
09-16-05, 02:17 PM
:yup: :yup: :yup:

Florian
09-16-05, 02:25 PM
HURDAT! get your real "bling" on with a real GOLD supporting member logo!

F

Joey'sVee
09-16-05, 02:37 PM
The "supporting member logo" was my first mod...got it before I even got my car!

heavymetals
09-16-05, 03:14 PM
New sport!:Poke:

HARRASS THE NON-SUPPORTING MEMBERS.:banana:

ylwjacket
09-16-05, 03:20 PM
Go easy on them, or they may not stick around long enough to become supporting members.

09-16-05, 03:28 PM
OK, I know I am going to get completely slammed, called cheap, whatever. I am not yet a supporting member, but peer pressure is not giving me any incentive to become one. But before you guys chase away all of the non-supporting members, you might want to ask the moderators (offline) whether they would prefer 100 supporting members or 1000 non-supporting members.

"Non-supporting members" support this site with thousands of clickthroughs, views, purchases, and statistics, all of which yield advertising revenue. I won't discuss the business model for the forum since I have not seen it, but I would guess that advertising revenue exceeds "supporting member" revenue, and if only the supporting members were here there would be no advertising revenue. If the nonsupporting members were to all get chased away by this "pay up or you suck" attitude, then you guys would need to send in a lot more cash.

Have I benefitted enough from this site to pony up $5, $10, $50 or more? Maybe, maybe not, but that is my choice not yours. My thousands of click throughs and numerous purchases do plenty of good. And though I don't really want to point this out, this is a commercial site, not a charity site. (sorry Sal, Reed, et al, but this needs to be said at this point). The moderators really can't chime in here since you put them in an awkward position, my guess is that they appreciate what you are trying to do but wish you wouldn't do it quite this way.

Threads like this one do not add any value at all to this site, and while all of the supporting members are going to want to blast away at me, think about whether or not it is helpful to the site to do so. My $20 will not undo the harm that is being done by this thread (I personally will stay and click through no matter what you say, and I might someday become a supporting member if you guys stop acting like your $20 avatar purchase somehow makes you a better person).

Blast away. Let me help: "cheap bastard;" "trying to justify being a tightwad;" "jerk"

keeksv
09-16-05, 03:49 PM
Personally, don't know what I would have done without this site in terms of understanding and modifying my car. Certainly worth the small amount of $ to me.

Was a member of the Impala Club with my last car, and the Corvette Club with the one before that. Similar experiences, but this forum is much better all around.

I don't think this thread is damaging to the forum. I really don't care who is or isn't a supporter, but more supporters means this site/forum exists, and helps me...;)...to me, that is "adding value."

heavymetals
09-16-05, 03:58 PM
Well some people feel no obligation to anyone who gives them help.:tisk:

Becomming a supporting member is a way of showing appreciation for all the hard work that is put into this forum.

If you want a free ride, it is up to you.

As far as this thread "doing damage", I think it is just fine to shine a spotlight on the freeloaders and call them what they are.

CHEAP BASTARDS!

1MEANV
09-16-05, 04:01 PM
yeah stop picking on me. i am going to cry

09-16-05, 04:14 PM
Well some people feel no obligation to anyone who gives them help.:tisk:

Becomming a supporting member is a way of showing appreciation for all the hard work that is put into this forum.

If you want a free ride, it is up to you.

As far as this thread "doing damage", I think it is just fine to shine a spotlight on the freeloaders and call them what they are.

CHEAP BASTARDS!

Sooo.....you think that you are doing the forum a favor by telling 90% of their clickthrough and viewing statistics to get lost? I am sure that you understand how these statistics drive advertising revenue, so I am not sure how you think you are showing any appreciation right now.

1MEANV
09-16-05, 04:16 PM
i agree 6104696 100%. real class guys

blown65
09-16-05, 04:18 PM
lmao. mmmk.

Well, I have my own website to support, along with 6 game servers. I'm already giving to the world wide web fund.

rand49er
09-16-05, 04:37 PM
I have precious little experience with forums, in general, but this one has helped me tremendously by making my ownership experience with my car far better and much more satisfying ... this forum is WELL WORTH supporting IMO. In a few months, I'll plunk down another measly 25 clams to provide support for this forum because, so far, it's paying me back about 10 to 1 at least ... and I suspect it will continue to do so. :cool:

heavymetals
09-16-05, 04:39 PM
Sooo.....you think that you are doing the forum a favor by telling 90% of their clickthrough and viewing statistics to get lost? I am sure that you understand how these statistics drive advertising revenue, so I am not sure how you think you are showing any appreciation right now.

I NEVER told anyone to get lost.

However, after this, I will not respond to a NON-SUPPORTING MEMBER.

So click through all you want, you CHEAP BASTARD!

itbdby
09-16-05, 04:48 PM
I think about how much I have spent through the years on magazines and books, lusting to find a small bit of information that is relevant to what I'm driving. Here are all the answers. I would be lost with out this forum. $20 is a bargin. I don't think others should be hated on, but everyone needs to realize the value.

:burn: :burn:

2004ctsv
09-16-05, 04:52 PM
It's no big deal

The heavy users and posters tend to support the forum and the FAQ
Those who don't support are usually just passing through and to we say "welcome"

If our forum brought you value, then good
If you care to contribute, even better

If you're a heavy user and a non-supporter, that tells the rest of us something about you. But that shouldn't be the reason you support the forum and FAQ. Do it because it's the right thing to do.

Tony

Mods - if anyone who visits isn't a contributor, don't let them see our dirty avatars. That'll fix 'em

09-16-05, 04:55 PM
I NEVER told anyone to get lost.

However, after this, I will not respond to a NON-SUPPORTING MEMBER.

So click through all you want, you CHEAP BASTARD!

I see that you have matured greatly since you tried to get all the supporting members to get together to support copyright piracy. Yeah I will sign up to be just like you right away, so that I can engage in your intellectual banter.

lawfive
09-16-05, 05:05 PM
OK, I know I am going to get completely slammed, called cheap, whatever. I am not yet a supporting member, but peer pressure is not giving me any incentive to become one. But before you guys chase away all of the non-supporting members, you might want to ask the moderators (offline) whether they would prefer 100 supporting members or 1000 non-supporting members.

"Non-supporting members" support this site with thousands of clickthroughs, views, purchases, and statistics, all of which yield advertising revenue. I won't discuss the business model for the forum since I have not seen it, but I would guess that advertising revenue exceeds "supporting member" revenue, and if only the supporting members were here there would be no advertising revenue. If the nonsupporting members were to all get chased away by this "pay up or you suck" attitude, then you guys would need to send in a lot more cash.

Have I benefitted enough from this site to pony up $5, $10, $50 or more? Maybe, maybe not, but that is my choice not yours. My thousands of click throughs and numerous purchases do plenty of good. And though I don't really want to point this out, this is a commercial site, not a charity site. (sorry Sal, Reed, et al, but this needs to be said at this point). The moderators really can't chime in here since you put them in an awkward position, my guess is that they appreciate what you are trying to do but wish you wouldn't do it quite this way.

Threads like this one do not add any value at all to this site, and while all of the supporting members are going to want to blast away at me, think about whether or not it is helpful to the site to do so. My $20 will not undo the harm that is being done by this thread (I personally will stay and click through no matter what you say, and I might someday become a supporting member if you guys stop acting like your $20 avatar purchase somehow makes you a better person).

Blast away. Let me help: "cheap bastard;" "trying to justify being a tightwad;" "jerk"

Guys, good points were made in the post above. Also, I started this thread with what I hoped was positive cajoling; please don't make it negative. Mods: sorry if I put you in an awkward position.

And 6104696: if your time is worth at least a dollar a minute (a standard metric), you could have skipped writing this post, become a supporting member instead, and saved yourself some money. :D

51PHFTY
09-16-05, 05:15 PM
Guys, good points were made in the post above. Also, I started this thread with what I hoped was positive cajoling; please don't make it negative. Mods: sorry if I put you in an awkward position.

And 6104696: if your time is worth at least a dollar a minute (a standard metric), you could have skipped writing this post, become a supporting member instead, and saved yourself some money. :D

Lawfive:

The post did have that effect. Until your post, I never realized that I had not contributed to Reed's FAQ and corrected that situation immediately. Thanks for the reminder.

Marty

heavymetals
09-16-05, 05:16 PM
Way to go Marty.:highfive: :thumbsup:

Dooman
09-16-05, 05:16 PM
31,848 ..

that's the number of members on this forum.

I had never seen anyplace to "support", but now I will look, and I will Support.

heavymetals
09-16-05, 05:21 PM
At the very start/top of the threads, Sal has a post about helping us help you, blah blah....

Click on that or contact Reed.

crowan
09-16-05, 05:39 PM
Geez guys.

Let's not turn the whole Supporting Member thing into a litmus test for good vs. evil. I didn't become a Supporting Member because of peer pressure. I made a personal decision to do so because this is a fantastic forum (and FAQ) that has saved me alot of time, money, and trial by error. I belong to other forums that can't touch this one and I do not contribute to those. Consider, for example, the ongoing saga of the member who was about to buy a damaged (but listed as Perfect) V from a dealer in another state but was warned of the undeclared damage by other forum members. That is a valuable service! However, I hope we don't let a good thing turn bad by insulting or pressuring valued forum members who pose interesting questions, provide intelligent commentary, but choose to do other things with their money.

I noticed that a Supporting Member who recently joined the Forum was apparently removed from membership last week because of his numerous immature and offensive posts on numerous threads. I mention that only to say that being a Supporting Member is not a guarantee that a member is a valuable contributor to the Forum's success.

To quote the brilliant 20th Century philosopher, Sir Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?":grouphug:

CR

CVP33
09-16-05, 05:43 PM
610XXX or Doug as I know him is a good guy. He brings up a good point about soliciting support. This should always be a positive request and never used as a way to segregate supporters from non-supporters. This is easily the most cohesive group of forum members I've ever been associated with and let's not lose that for ANY reason.

I believe that I give as much as I get from the forum. That being said I would quietly give money to this forum regardless of the SM Banner attached to my name, as a quietly give money to another worthy site known as the Cad FAQ's. Reed has never openly asked me for a donation but with the work he puts into that site and the information I've gleaned from it I was compelled to.

Enough seriousness for now. And remember kids nothing feels better than having your MEMBER SUPPORTED.

RobzBLKV
09-16-05, 06:04 PM
If the site were add free, I would buy into the "supporting member peer pressure." But it's not add free and some of the adds are really annoying (thinking of the blinking ones, here). I supported this time around as a lump sum with supporting the FAQ (which is add free), but I certainly don't think I am obligated to give money to a commercial site. I like it here, but I like a few other auto boards as well. Some I support financially, some I don't, but NEVER has anyone tried to badger me into giving money to a site before. Asked for help, sure. This constant drive for money from posters? It's enough to make me think about going somewhere else sometimes.

I realize this thread was an unsolicited attempt to help by a long time member, but it still rubs the wrong way.

lawfive
09-16-05, 06:38 PM
If the site were add free, I would buy into the "supporting member peer pressure." But it's not add free and some of the adds are really annoying (thinking of the blinking ones, here). I supported this time around as a lump sum with supporting the FAQ (which is add free), but I certainly don't think I am obligated to give money to a commercial site. I like it here, but I like a few other auto boards as well. Some I support financially, some I don't, but NEVER has anyone tried to badger me into giving money to a site before. Asked for help, sure. This constant drive for money from posters? It's enough to make me think about going somewhere else sometimes.

I realize this thread was an unsolicited attempt to help by a long time member, but it still rubs the wrong way.

Hmmm... certainly not my intent to rub anybody the wrong way. Everybody makes their own decisions based on their own values and frame of reference. (Mine was this: I don't care if they're for profit, not for profit, or non-profit... I wanna keep 'em going!)

At least a couple here have indicated that they didn't know about the option of donating to one or the other, and will now do so. That's what I was hoping to achieve. The posters who are annoyed: sorry about that.

Technicality: It's not "peer pressure" unless it changes your mind or makes you take an action; if it doesn't do that, it's merely background noise that can be safely ignored.

urbanski
09-16-05, 06:51 PM
Technicality: It's not "peer pressure" unless it changes your mind or makes you take an action; if it doesn't do that, it's merely background noise that can be safely ignored.
yeah well you maggie boys always saying DO IT...now that's peer pressure!! LOL :thepan: :histeric:

heavymetals
09-16-05, 07:04 PM
yeah well you maggie boys always saying DO IT...now that's peer pressure!! LOL :thepan: :histeric:

NO NO NO.

We say YOU HAVE TO DO IT!:histeric: :histeric:

timmayz
09-16-05, 09:10 PM
If I become a supporting member will I get to PM then? I looked around for how to unlock that but haven't seen it.

urbanski
09-16-05, 09:14 PM
If I become a supporting member will I get to PM then? I looked around for how to unlock that but haven't seen it.
no....PMs enable after a certain # of posts.

thefred
09-16-05, 09:35 PM
You know, I kept meaning to do this but I just kept forgetting. I find no harm in your post.

hd750
09-16-05, 11:20 PM
Support shows your level of committment.

ctsvett
09-16-05, 11:59 PM
1st issue:
If you donate you get to PM even though you dont have 50 posts... All the benifits you get by becoming a member can been seen here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/subscribe.html

2nd MUCH larger issue
Now, 610...., The "business model" you refer to may be true for the forums, but MUCH of the revenue to keep this site operating does come from members AND vendors. It's true that some of the reason vendors pay to advertise here is because of the traffic.

However, the FAQ is ONLY supported by those it helps... I ONLY accept donations and do not have any click through ads. I get no benifit of having more traffic (only a higher bill actually)... I payed for that site out of my pocket as a service to other owners to HELP other owner find information. Thankfully, many people have donated money to a fund which ONLY goes to pay the server fees. I dont charge anything for the hours I spend a day updating it, or the countless hours I have spent building it (and ALOT of time went into it) or the hours that I take to send procedures, answer FAQs, or help people with other information they request that I have access to. Nobody who contributed an arcticle to the FAQ or a procedure got a cent for it. They DONATED their time. By your rationale, I should password protect the entire site and charge admission.

HOWEVER, I am not a greedy person and have NEVER looked to make money from my involvement in this community, only to help other owners in anyway I can so they get more enjoyment from their car. GM does not pay me ANYTHING (although they probably should), and I dont pocket any money (it all goes back to support the site).

I am VERY glad that there are those people here who DO NOT have your opinion and feel it is important to give back (whether in money, support, procedures, or other contributions or time or expertise). This wouldnt be much of a community if nobody contributed.

I personally THANK every person who has donated to the FAQ. The money you donated will go to support the site and continue to keep it online. I hope the knowledge that you get from that site is helpful.

610, if you dont feel its worth $10 (which turns into about $8 by the time I ship your calender to you and have a paypal fee) then dont donate. The only reason the site gets that much is because of the generous contribution of WildWhl 'cause he donated calendars to the fundraising effort for FREE.

One day when you go to www.cadillacfaq.com and its not there, then you are SOL. I have posted a list of those who YOU can thank for donating at http://www.cadillacfaq.com/donate.html

And to those if you who donate to this site and to the FAQ, I and other members (EXCEPT 610, 1meanv, etc) appreciate your contribution.

As a side note on my personal involvement: I spend many hours each day answering people's questions, looking up "how to do this?" or "how to do that?", How do I take apart this? ,etc. I have never charged for my time.I just like to help people where I can. I may need to reconsider my philosophy and only spend that "extra" time for those who contribute.... Only time will tell...

Reed

heavymetals
09-17-05, 12:07 AM
:highfive: :thumbsup: Kudos to Reed.

ctsvett
09-17-05, 12:16 AM
KUDOS to those who support! including HEAVYMETALS!!!

Reed

P.S. (on another issue since my e-mail is down) Heavy, you are crazy.. that was entirely unnecessary!

Florian
09-17-05, 12:18 AM
Reed,

Well thought out, well said and frankly, I love your faq and this site. It has helped me too often to count, I have printed off copies of instructions and followed them while wrenching and EVERY time the directions are spot on. Your site gives me the insight I need to get the car on a lift and do my own wrenching, otherwise I would have to pay for someone to do it. 25 bux is a NO BRAINER for what it has saved in shop fees. Youre a gentleman and a scholar! THANK YOU, REED and THANK YOU, SAL for your sites, your time, and your love affair with our Cadillacs!

Florian
proud supporting member

Rikmyster
09-17-05, 12:24 AM
Com everyone ... Gas is over $3.00 per gallon. A $20.00 Donation is worth LOTS more than 7 gallons of gas ... and, you're driving a $50K car. I personally have gotten MORE information from the FAQ and here than CADDY and/or their enept dealers ever thought about giving. In fact, I know more because of this site and the FAQ than my service rep at the dealer. (That's a shame)

Every one can spare 2 cups of Starbucks ....

ctsvett
09-17-05, 12:31 AM
Florian,
Thank you for your donation and your comments... Comments like these are part of the reason that I do what I do.

Reed

HDMLNIUM
09-17-05, 01:09 AM
A Proud Supporting member here, this site and Reed's FAQ have helped me out a ton. As well as some of the great members here, so let's help keep them both going..:worship:

Bill

lawfive
09-17-05, 01:12 AM

When I became a supporting member, I was instantly able to PM.

riverrat
09-17-05, 01:21 AM
Without supporting this site how would I defend my self being a "gay putz" quoting another tread reply.
:hide:
Thanks for the help heavymetals :D
Any of us that have used this forum and Reed/FAQ don't mind donating a few $$ but we ain't twistin' your arm :rant2:

VELOSE
09-17-05, 01:21 AM
Too many posts to read and too much hooplah to absorb. Here's my post to show I've been a supporting member.

6104696, I know what you are trying to say and your time in here does help with the numbers the owners of these forums provide to the advertisers, so that advertisers see their money will have some return to it. So in some way, you do contribute. However, a few bucks wouldn't be bad either. Giving up one Starbucks cup of coffee for the week to support this site for a year is not much to give up but, if you feel you already contribute enough, it's at your discretion. ;)

51PHFTY
09-17-05, 01:36 AM
And to those if you who donate to this site and to the FAQ, I and other members (EXCEPT 610, 1meanv, etc) appreciate your contribution.

As a side note on my personal involvement: I spend many hours each day answering people's questions, looking up "how to do this?" or "how to do that?", How do I take apart this? ,etc. I have never charged for my time.I just like to help people where I can. I may need to reconsider my philosophy and only spend that "extra" time for those who contribute.... Only time will tell...

Reed

Personally, I do understand that some people can afford expenditures more easily than others, however, let's face it, for the most part we all are driving $50k cars which we have no issues about spending more $$$ on tires, rims, CAI boxes, Maggies, tunes, exhaust and on and on. To quibble about an extra $10, $20 or $50 (as was said above, less than a tank of gas) to help keep sites like this one and Reed's going seems a little petty to me. Heck, a family of four spends more than that at a pizza place now. In my book, anyone who gleans knowledge about their cars from these sites and uses that knowledge - whether in their own garage or at the dealer - has already gotten their money's worth from their contribution - I know I have.

Reed went out of his way today to help me out (took time away from his work) and asked for nothing in return and it was very much appreaciated.

Reed, my $.02, do what you feel comfortable doing and what makes you sleep at night and don't let a few ruin your good intentions. I don't do a lot of posting, mostly because I don't have that much to contribute, but I sure do read the postings and find something useful from you guys every day.

I contribute because that is the way I can show my thanks.

Marty

Slywun
09-17-05, 01:54 AM
Didn't hesitate to become a member, although I didn't know until reading this thread that the FAQ site takes donations. Reed, your site is great, you've personally helped me out, and errrr, I still owe you some speedo shots. Both are on the way...single parenting consumes my time....

ctsvett
09-17-05, 02:24 AM
I still owe you some speedo shots.

Rikmyster may be interested!! HEE HEE :histeric:

Rik, Thats for all those "club" type comments! :histeric:

Thanks for all the nice comments guys...

I may have been a bit "involved" when I wrote that novel earlier today... Bottom line, people are going to do what they do. They may donate, they may not. Whatever...

Those who do donate are noted by all and MUCH appreciated. There will be(and have been) perks for those who support... :canttalk:

Reed

heavymetals
09-17-05, 03:23 AM
A perk, is that anything like a spiff?:histeric:

Kind of like a zit and a rash.

Right Blitzer?:histeric:

M5eatr
09-17-05, 08:39 AM
My $.02 (cheap). If this site needs revenue from its members, then the site should not have advertising, the way I see it. True, that if you apply the buisness model of magazine and regular print media, the members, or readers have to pay for that particular volume or issue, in addition to collecting revenue. But then it is a buisness. If that is what you wish to have, then so be it. I belong to a couple of motorcycle boards and they have never even asked for a penny. As a matter of fact, they both don't accept advertising, at all so it is all out of pocket for the guys that run those sites. I actually offered to pony up money for those sites, but they both declined to accept. So go ahead, I got my flame suit on.

09-17-05, 09:10 AM
Reed, my comments had nothing to do with the FAQ. That should have been pretty clear. True, Lawfives original message tried to cajole some bucks for the forum and for the FAQ, but then the silly attitudes came out with respect to the "supporting member" avatar on this forum.

I didn't realize that the FAQ needed donations so fiercely so as to taunt those who had not contributed. I have sent you some $$ since I have used and benefited from the non-commercial FAQ, but I am a bit disappointed to hear that you think that the way this thread developed was "okay."

ctsvett
09-17-05, 12:29 PM
The FAQ does not need money so Fiercly to taunt people. It was not clear that you were NOT talking about the FAQ. Hence my response.

I dont think there is a problem with this thread. Its simply other owners and memebers trying to help support these sites. It has resulted in some people helping to supprt the forums who did not understand how it works...

I am happy to speak with you offline about it and address your concerns. Send me an e-mail.

Reed

09-17-05, 02:43 PM
The FAQ does not need money so Fiercly to taunt people. It was not clear that you were NOT talking about the FAQ. Hence my response.

I dont think there is a problem with this thread. Its simply other owners and memebers trying to help support these sites. It has resulted in some people helping to supprt the forums who did not understand how it works...

I am happy to speak with you offline about it and address your concerns. Send me an e-mail.

Reed

No concerns, no problems, neither with the FAQ or this forum. All is good. Others may have issues of their own, and it is their problem not yours nor mine. Thanks for all you do for the FAQ. (and thanks to the other moderators and members, supporting or otherwise, who make this forum so good in spite of the negativity and name-calling that some seem to thrive on).

RobzBLKV
09-17-05, 10:39 PM
Just going to pipe in again and say the issue is VERY different for this board then it is for the FAQ imo. Trying to merge them together like this isn't going to help either, imo.

I will continue to support the FAQ indefinately. The board is up in the air for me b/c of the advertising. Two seperate issues.

Oh, one other thing . . . if the only advertisements were from supporting vendors with products that we are interested in just made available more easily, that would be a different story. So after typing this, I skimmed the ads on this page. Hmm. Maybe I will change my mind. But it's still two seperate issues.

CVP33
09-17-05, 10:47 PM
Reed,

If you or Rick (stealth) send me one more calendar I'm personally driving to MN and CA to kick both your asses. Keep up the fine job! You're both actually getting pretty good at this. And to think I knew you both when.........:highfive:

09-18-05, 08:10 AM
Reed,

If you or Rick (stealth) send me one more calendar I'm personally driving to MN and CA to kick both your asses. Keep up the fine job! You're both actually getting pretty good at this. And to think I knew you both when.........:highfive:

c'mon now....we all know that is an empty threat. You would need to hitchhike (though with that bitchin' engine cover tucked under your arm....).

CVP33
09-18-05, 09:10 AM
:histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

Doug - Now that was funny. Don't dare me cuz' I'd do just that!:thumbsup:

tweeter81
09-19-05, 11:30 AM
I finally ponied up and paid my money to be a supporting member. I have been on the forum for about 4 months and I feel bad that it took me this long to realize how important this forum is. Thanks to everybody involved and let's continue to have the best forum on the net.

3rdstreet
09-19-05, 02:22 PM
After reading through this entire post...I've had the chance to sit back and hear both sides. I understand where each side is coming from, but I have to admit, aside from the fact that I am a supporting member also...I think it IS IMPORTANT to donate to these sites (this one and FAQs) regardless of whether they are making any money or not from advertising.

Let's face it...we all expect to get paid for the work that we do. Working on this site should be no different. Even if Sal and Reed were making a profit and sticking money in their pockets from our support...by all means...they DESERVE IT! If anyone of you put half as much energy and resources into this site as they have done...I would suspect that you would expect something for it in return. So far, to my knowledge, neither one is asking for that. They are only interested in keeping the site(s) going.

I have an advertising agency and I build sites for a living. I know the costs that are involved...and yes, the more that visit this site the more that is required financially to support the bandwidth. Please support the sites if you are benefiting from it, despite ads or anything else. We would ALL like to see both sites to continue for years to come. :cheers: