: Funny Comment from Service Advisor

ylwjacket
09-16-05, 10:27 AM
I have a great service advisor. I was in for some stuff on my wife's Escalade, and I told her my radio buttons were peeling, and I needed the bushings. No problem, parts will be ordered today.

Then we were talking about mods, and how the half dozen or so V customers she has are all somehow 'connected'. She said that several had mentioned 'cadillac something.com'. They all seemed to talk, and occasionally bring her after market parts to install. Also, they all seemed to know a lot about what is going on with TSB's, after market solutions, etc. It has prompted her to stay much more on top of it all. She gets a chuckle out of it - sort of like a 'knowledge race', with us here in the forum trying to stay a step ahead of her.

Anyways - this is a new phenomenon for the Cadillac service folks, and she is doing a great job of being prepared. She knows we all share, so she better stay up on it.

Thanks to all of you out there that make this so informative.

Drift-caddy
09-16-05, 10:38 AM
Glad to see your dealer and advisor is staying up on there Vs, but at least give a name and number so local people can take there cars there.

thanks
Damian

ylwjacket
09-16-05, 11:16 AM
Jennifer at Dimmitt Cadillac in Clearwater. (727) 797-7070. The 'performance' shop there is still a little behind the curve, but Jennifer is doing a good job staying up on it.

heavymetals
09-16-05, 11:37 AM
Thanks Sal and Reed and the others by becomming a supporting member.:thepan:

urbanski
09-16-05, 01:02 PM
Cool!!! Nice to hear she's actually putting forth the effort to learn!!! I'd bet most just sit back and collect paychecks

Mutlu
09-16-05, 01:20 PM
Finally, somebody is putting some effort into it.

ylwjacket
09-16-05, 01:59 PM
The only site that I participate in that I wasn't a supporting member of. Thanks for being so quick to point that out.

Oversight corrected.

heavymetals
09-16-05, 02:10 PM
:welcome:

ctsvett
09-17-05, 12:10 AM
So over the past few days I have been working on some radio/stereo stuff for us... How does that relate to this thread?

I have been e-mailing a vendor, and they tell me they cant help but suggest I call someone and provide the #. I pick up the phone and call him and say, Hi... Explain who I am, and he says, Oh, I am on your site right now.. I was meaning to get a hold of you about some info...

Very funny...

Reed

benjet
09-17-05, 12:23 AM
Here's mine for today -

The trim piece at the top of the windshield was comming off last week, it went in last week for some other stuff and I added that to the list. They glued it down and sure enough a week later it was much worse than before.
Serv Advisor today - well in order to replace the trim we have to take out the windshield and just FYI occasionally then dont come out cleanly (they break), if that happens we have to order you a new windshield and it'll be a few more days.

My reply - hey that window is tinted, if you break it, someone will be paying to have it re-tinted.

Oh did I mention that - they found a broken motor mount (which they ordered fedex and replaced)? but denied my leaking rear main seal as oil debris picked up from the roadway (anyone evern seen oily road debris THERE?)....go figure.

SoFlaV
09-17-05, 01:52 PM
I had the same thing happen with my windshield trim. Bayview Cadillac didn't have any trouble installing a new one; they definitely didn't have to pull the windshield to do it. I'd push the BS button on that one.

ylwjacket
09-18-05, 10:04 PM
Someone scratched the hell out of my driver's side front and rear doors. $1300 and 6 days loss of use to get fixed.

RE: Original - I told her that these are relatiely limited production, and everyone that buys one ends up here sooner or later, so they should start looking at this site and the FAQ.

AmesCTS-V
09-18-05, 10:23 PM
My problem is my V is the only one in town and the only one my service dept. sees.

Zeke
09-18-05, 10:30 PM
thread jack alert

I had same issue in SF bay area- dealer ordered new windshield and replaced windshield along with trim- warranty work of course.

I had the same thing happen with my windshield trim. Bayview Cadillac didn't have any trouble installing a new one; they definitely didn't have to pull the windshield to do it. I'd push the BS button on that one.

ace996
09-18-05, 10:34 PM
Do us all a favor, don't tell your dealer about this site. We can come here and learn and keep ahead of the dealers...it gives us power when we need it. The dealers have their own "club". As it is, we have GM spies lurking around. Imagine the next time someone shares an experience about going to a trackday or an autox...we all love it. Now imagine that a problem is experienced later on that requires a warrantee fix...and the dealer doesn't honor the warrantee because they're aware of such driver's past experiences....
That would suck.