: Zaino Z8 Grand Finale VS Z6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer

Joey'sVee
09-15-05, 03:40 PM
Has anyone tried the Z8? I just bought some and haven't tried it yet. You think it's the same as the Z6? I bet it is.

For the car show next week I'm doing the following to the entire car (only painted surfaces of course)

1. A Coat of Z5
2. A layer of Z6 (per the advanced instructions)
3. A Coat of Z5
4. A layer of Z6
5. A Coat of Z2 PRO (New)
6. A layer of Z6
7. A Coat of Z2 PRO (New)
8. A layer of Z6

This will all be done while the car is garaged and over a two day (Thursday & Friday) span. Then Saturday morning I will drive 10 minutes to the show and...blow it off with a leaf blower then...

9. A coat of Z8 Grand Finale (New)

That thing should shine BRIGHT after 9 coats of Zaino!!! What do you think? Should I change my planed procedure??? Thanks for the help!

DgtalPimp
09-15-05, 03:49 PM
Take some high resolutions photos while there. I'll get them up on the hosted site so we can all see the shine. :cool2:

Florian
09-15-05, 04:04 PM
youll never get all that done. per the directions, you need to wait 24 hrs between applications. Just go for Z5 and the Z8, no worries. I have used the Z8 all summer, the stuff is fantastic (and it smells peachy too!). You wont need 9 coats, 2 will be MORE than enough :thumbsup:

F

kimcheejeegae
09-15-05, 04:10 PM
Zaino is some good stuff...

but recently.. as per a few corvette enthusiasts recommendations.. I tried this.

Adam's Polishes (http://www.adamspolishes.com)

Freaking amazing product. Easy to apply and remove... absolutely stunning.

I run a detailing shop on the side in Seattle, WA and we are now distributors of Adam's Products and only use their products on all of our details....

Check out the results... a few of our clients:

Customer Gallery (http://toasthost.com/achtuning/gallery/Detailing)

Joey'sVee
09-15-05, 04:29 PM
youll never get all that done. per the directions, you need to wait 24 hrs between applications. Just go for Z5 and the Z8, no worries. I have used the Z8 all summer, the stuff is fantastic (and it smells peachy too!). You wont need 9 coats, 2 will be MORE than enough :thumbsup:

F

I will be using the ZFX so only need to wait 30 min to an hour. You are on the old instructions...

Applying ZFX Enabled Show Car Polish
Follow these easy steps:

Apply Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX with a 100%, made in the USA, cotton applicator. Use the polish sparingly. A small amount goes a long way, and you will be applying multiple coats.
Squirt a dime size dab of polish on your applicator and rub it into your paint using circular hand motions. Then, go over the same area using a straight back and forth motion on top panels and an up and down motion on side panels. Allow the polish to haze over (20 minutes is sufficient).
Buff off the Show Car Polish residue with a high quality, 100%, made in the USA, cotton detailing towel.
After buffing, spray the car with a light mist of Z-6 Ultra Clean detailing spray. Z-6 will help buff away any remaining residue and enhances the brightness of the finish. Using Z-6, the next coat of Zaino Show Car Polish will apply even easier.
You're now ready to apply your next coat of Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX. There's no need to wait. Simply follow steps 1-4 above one more time. Use a fresh cotton buffing towel to remove each coat of ZFX enabled Show Car Polish

Florian
09-15-05, 04:36 PM
dude, youre just wasting product, no need to go that overboard. Like catching a mouse with a frontloader.

F

Joey'sVee
09-15-05, 04:43 PM
If it helps to put all that on then great! It may be one of the best shines ever on a V, if not and it waste some polish then of well there goes $20...who cares. I think it will be worth it. I hope that thing shines like crazy!!

V-Max
09-15-05, 08:08 PM
Yeah, like Florian says. The paint isn't that good to waste that much time on.

I'd concentrate on making it invisible to cobb web scratches.

Norm

Staxxin
09-15-05, 09:40 PM
Have any of you tried the Z-18 ClayBar?

Florian
09-15-05, 10:11 PM
use it every year.... good stuff that Clay

F

Staxxin
09-16-05, 08:18 AM
It sounds easy to use but are there any gotchas I should be aware of before using it? Will it damage the clear coat, can I rub paint off?

Thanks!!!!!

Joey'sVee
09-16-05, 09:28 AM
It sounds easy to use but are there any gotchas I should be aware of before using it? Will it damage the clear coat, can I rub paint off?

Thanks!!!!!

UMMMMM no highjacking please. Start your own damn thread!!!

Jack Wells
09-16-05, 10:37 AM
:thumbsup: I use all of the Zaino products and have had great success....Easy to use and the car glows. I do not, however, see much difference between the Z6 and Z8, except for the price:thumbsup:

hcvone
09-16-05, 10:37 AM

Thanks!!!!!

Zaino is one of the few waxes without cleaners or abrasives. :)

hcvone
09-16-05, 10:40 AM
Has anyone tried the Z8? I just bought some and haven't tried it yet. You think it's the same as the Z6? I bet it is.

For the car show next week I'm doing the following to the entire car (only painted surfaces of course)

1. A Coat of Z5
2. A layer of Z6 (per the advanced instructions)
3. A Coat of Z5
4. A layer of Z6
5. A Coat of Z2 PRO (New)
6. A layer of Z6
7. A Coat of Z2 PRO (New)
8. A layer of Z6

This will all be done while the car is garaged and over a two day (Thursday & Friday) span. Then Saturday morning I will drive 10 minutes to the show and...blow it off with a leaf blower then...

9. A coat of Z8 Grand Finale (New)

That thing should shine BRIGHT after 9 coats of Zaino!!! What do you think? Should I change my planed procedure??? Thanks for the help!

One application of Z-5/ZFX, followed by one or two applications of Z-2/ZFX, followed by Z-8 will be plenty, using Z-6 in between. What I do is put the "waxes" on one day, and then the next morning use Z-8 before the show.

BoostMasterK
09-16-05, 01:31 PM
I've been playing with the Z8 for a couple months now. The Z8 is noticeably "slicker" to the touch than Z6, which is cool. The bug hits also seem to splat wider on the header :gungrin:

I don't notice any difference in gloss...not saying it isn't better, just that I don't notice it. Also, the Z8 does seem to evap quicker in sunlight on my black cars. This is based on the extreme slickness disappearing when I come back to the garage. Also note in the instructions it says not to apply in sunlight. Heard a rumor there's carnuaba in it...no idea.

As for layers, I use 3-5 for my black cars because that's how many it takes before I am happy with the depth and swirl. You may require less on a lighter car. I find 5 is the point of diminishing returns...just wasting product and time.

And I recommend Carl as a supplier, he is The Man. :thumbsup:

Mike

hcvone
09-16-05, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the kind words Mike. :) there is no carnauba in Z-8, that I do know, I have customers at shows with black cars that apply Z-8 in direct sunlight, it can be a pain if the car's finish is real hot, but this is true of many products even Z-6. Send me a good pix of your car and I will put it on the web site. :)

Joey'sVee
09-16-05, 02:35 PM
One application of Z-5/ZFX, followed by one or two applications of Z-2/ZFX, followed by Z-8 will be plenty, using Z-6 in between. What I do is put the "waxes" on one day, and then the next morning use Z-8 before the show.

so u would use 7 layers instead of 9. ok...cool. Sounds like a plan!

hcvone
09-17-05, 07:30 AM
Z-6 and Z-8 do not "layer" , 3-5 coats of Z-5/ZFX or Z-2/ZFX in any combo is as much as you will ever need, and Z-8 after washing will keep it looking great. :)

CADDYBLACK99
09-17-05, 08:15 AM
Zaino is one of (if not THE) best wax systems I've ever tried! The results and durability far exceed most other products. I agree with Carl 3-5 coats will last all season. Maintaining her shine is as easy as clear water wash, chamios dry, then Z6 wipe down and wha-la...it look like you spent all day waxing! To do my Deville it takes about 20-30 minutes.

I have tried the Z8 and I'm not seeing twice the performance of Z6, but at $20 a throw I'll buy 2 bottles of Z6. Most of us know the routine...Wash with Dawn...clay bar...wash...Z5(zfx) 1 or 2X w Z6 in between then finish with Z2-Pro 1 or 2X w/Z6.

I have used it in direct sunlight on a HOT black surface and have found it to be a little stuborn to remove but it can be done. I have also found that a coat or two on the chrome wheels keep them like mirrors, and brake dust doesn't stand a chance of sticking! I get a lot of looks from folks because of the deep finish and clear shine! I'm a believer!

Paul

Dooman
09-17-05, 08:26 AM
7 hills, huh? I am in the same place, I've got a black STS i'd love to shine like yours.. Zaino sounds pretty good from reading this.

ntechnic
09-18-05, 03:34 AM
I think there are two aspects to polish/wax, shine (reflection) and depth (smoothness). I have used Zaino, have a bunch in my garage still. But I have come to really like Blackfire products, I think the results are deeper and richer looking. Here's a shot of my recently sold 2003 Cobra, this is after claybar, one polish and two finsh coats of Blackfire.

feline
09-18-05, 07:16 AM
Carl, THANKS for all the information--I have used ZAINO for years and I always hope that I am applying everything Correctly!! Do you use the Zaino Car Wash everytime that you wash?? In between waxes what do you use?? I always purchase the "Ultimate Package", I don't have the Z-6 but do have the Z-8 spray. It is all alittle confusing to me, so I do Appreciate reading all these posts.
More info and Thanks,
Ginnie (www.hassettroofing.com/cars)

hcvone
09-19-05, 07:44 AM
Ginnie, great car collection. :) I use Z-6 for basic cleaning of bugs, and between coats of polish, I use Z-8 after washing and for the last thing that touches the car after polish. Z-8 unlike Z-6 will last a few washings, something that Z-6 just can not do. For car shows I will Z-8 the car before leaving for the show, and then use Z-6 at the show in the sun, with Z-6 you can cut it with distilled water up to 50%, this slows the drying time on a hot car sitting in the sun at a show and allows time to remove the Z-6 without streaking even on the hottest days. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us. :)