Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CEL Code P0454 EVAP System

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  SFX Group 
#1 ·
2009 Escalade --

CEL is on with the code P0454 I looked up the generic code definition and got this "The EVAP control system pressure sensor detects pressure in the purge line. The sensor output voltage to the ECM increases as pressure increases. The EVAP control system pressure sensor is not used to control the engine system. It is used only for on board diagnosis."

I haven't noticed any change in the vehicle at all. I've cleared the code once before and it came back on. Anyone have any ideas on a fix for this code?

Thanks

#2 ·
Hi smythcounty,

I apologize that you are experiencing this concern with your Escalade throwing codes. I understand that you are asking the forum for advice on how to resolve this concern, but if you decide that you would like some additional assistance, please feel free to PM me your VIN and we can discuss this concerns further.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

#3 ·
Updating an old post with my own experience because I struggled with p0454 for a while and information has been hard to come by. No idea if the OP ever got this worked out.

P0454 - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Intermittent

I replaced the fuel tank pressure sensor twice with no success of fixing the issue. That job can be done by lowering the fuel tank down and replacing sensor by feel, or with a mirror. The second time I tried a different brand sensor and removed the tank completely to check the plug/harness for the sensor with no issues found.

I ended up finding a video on youtube related to the vacuum line on the purge solenoid, video here: https://youtu.be/iH92vcUWJzs
The part number was never mentioned, it's 12574897 and I found it on Amazon. It's referred to as a "Harness" which is odd and made google searches difficult to track down.

HOWEVER, my specific issue ended up being the engine cover installation. Or rather, the poor installation of the engine cover. One of the support studs for the engine cover is right next to the fitting for the above part, my cover wasn't installed correctly and was up against the fitting allowing it to leak. Once the cover was installed correctly the CEL went away.

Long story short, I was skeptical of the YT link but they nailed it with the "harness" being the cause of a p0454, in my case the harness was fine and the engine cover orientation was the issue.

Vehicle is a 2007 Escalade ESV, disclaimer I had the engine cover off for an alternator replacement a long while ago and never associated the p0454 timing with that job. So this was self induced though I didn't immediately come to that conclusion due to the error code specifically mentioning the fuel pressure switch...makes you want to change the fuel pressure switch.

Hope this helps somebody out there.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.