: Dealer satisfaction statistics

ctsvett
09-14-05, 03:38 PM
Guys,

Not to start a dealer rant thread but I thought I would post the statistics that I gathered from everyone's submissions on dealerrank (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/dealerrank/)

(OUT OF 5)
Overall average Ranking: 3.833333333
How knowledgable is the dealer?: 3.582352941
How was the Customer service?: 4.001960784
How did they treat your car?: 3.945098039

Notice that the "knowledge" ranking is Low... Go figure..

If you disagree, then submit your dealer experience.

DO NOT POST YOUR DEALER RANT HERE (that goes in the sticky thread above)!

Reed

malcolm
09-14-05, 04:31 PM
How about this for a dealer experience. I recently had my 05 STS in for a driver's seat problem, squeaking and clicking, very annoying. Anyway they fixed it prefectly and all is well. About 1 week later I found a quarter in my cup holder and since I never throw change in there could not figure out how it got there. Then it hit me, when the seat was removed the tech probably found it and threw it in there. I have always had a good service experience at Clairmont Auto Group in West Caldwell, NJ and highly recommend.

Joey'sVee
09-14-05, 04:39 PM
I think the 4 questions could be better...

Ie. My dealer is a 5 out of 5 in my book but they don't detail my car (I'm glad...I don't want them to) which is how "treat your car" is defined.

He doesn't call me with updates (not sure any dealers call all customers with evey update). I'm glad he doesn't because my phone would ring off the hook and I'm sure some mistakes would be made if they called evey customer with every update.

He also doesn't know everything about the V...but that is ok. He doesn't need to to be a 5 out of 5.

When I call the dealership for a repair such as the rear end this is what they do...

I call, and they order one without me even bringin it in. That's right they order it without even listening to it...they take my word!!! Then when it comes in I take my car to them in the morning and they bring me back to work in a van. Then when it is done they come get me in the van and take me to the dealership and I drive home. All this in one day.

Now that is a 5 out of 5 but when I answered your questions they only got like a 3 because of the way the questions were worded.

The other guy who ranked a dealership in SC got a 5 out of 5. You mean they call him with every update and detail his car EVERY time he brings it in? No, of course not.

I bet my dealer is one of the best overall it just can't be reflected that way with the questions you have.

I hope this helps!

CTSVONFIRE
09-14-05, 05:34 PM
When you work at the dealer you can get anything covered under warranty. My vehicle history is long b/c I want everything fixed that i see wrong. my boss gets a wood when I get more performance parts for my V.

CVP33
09-14-05, 08:23 PM
Reed,

Once again your methodology is flawed. Your rating system does not allow negative numbers! :banghead: :lildevil:

Sandyfoot-V
09-14-05, 09:10 PM
I agree. Concept is great, but the wording of the questions is not succinct or necessarily applicable. A simple 1 to 5, low to high, rating in several categories would probably better assess the true rating of a dealership (KISS). For example:

1. Overall Experience, 1-5
2. Service Dept. Knowledge of CTS-V, 1-5
3. Body Shop Knowledge, 1-5
4. Dealership Response to Issues, 1-5
5. Timely Return of Repair Work, 1-5
6. Accuracy of Repair, 1-5

Still a useful database on a great website (www.cadillacfaq.com) that just may benefit from a little polish. :yup:

Joey'sVee
09-14-05, 09:26 PM
I agree great website.

Sandy...not sure about #3 not all dealers have bodyshops.

Sandyfoot-V
09-14-05, 09:57 PM
I agree great website.

Sandy...not sure about #3 not all dealers have bodyshops.

Mine does, and they have performed substandard work. N/A may be a rating as well if this does not apply.

ctsvett
09-14-05, 11:15 PM
Good ideas, but it might be tough to redo the database as it exists right now since we have 85 entries.

I will consider updating future submissions soon.

Reed