: Fella's i need your help..fast..

SBONES
09-13-05, 10:35 PM
:banghead: today cadillac fixed my wheels they scratched a week ago....i pick up my car and its f**ked up...its my shifter...i dont know what they did but neutral is way to sloppy and when i put it in gear it feels like neutral....it doesnt matter what gear its in...when its in gear it has the play, back and forth, like neutral...it goes into gear but its screwed up.....befor, when it was in gear, it was tight..so we go over to a new v...and the service guy is like, ya thats not right...im so upset right now its not funny...they broke my car!!!!....what could they of done to screw up the syncro or gate of the gears...:banghead: :crying:

heavymetals
09-13-05, 10:42 PM
Any miles added onto your car?:want:

Mat347
09-13-05, 10:43 PM
sounds like someone had a "test drive" that didn't know how to!

Drift-caddy
09-13-05, 11:08 PM
Do you have a stock shifter?? Also we have seen 1 or 2 V with the bushing on the shifter broken/missing/worn out. It may have just been time for it to go out. I am sorry but we drive the hell out of our V and i really dont think there is anything that you can do that will cause that, its just like the rear, some just go for no reason.

SBONES
09-13-05, 11:10 PM
they said they would fix and not to worry, but the fact that somebody broke it is still bugging me...i think ive been sabotaged...:nono: and yes its stock...when its in first gear, you can slide it all the way over to reverse...they also replaced the motor in my seat and rear window...

heavymetals
09-13-05, 11:22 PM
Someone may have been playing race car driver in your car and broken it.

Whatever, at least you didn't go to pick up your car and find it on a flatbed!

slow35th
09-14-05, 12:39 AM
they said they would fix and not to worry, but the fact that somebody broke it is still bugging me...i think ive been sabotaged...:nono: and yes its stock...when its in first gear, you can slide it all the way over to reverse...they also replaced the motor in my seat and rear window...

A lot of dealers will send a car to a glass shop to have windshields or rear windows replaced. Just a thought.

lawfive
09-14-05, 03:17 AM
...when its in first gear, you can slide it all the way over to reverse...

..so we go over to a new v...and the service guy is like, ya thats not right...

Good thing he had that other V on the lot to verify that "1" and "R" are supposed to be different gears... :cookoo:

Kadonny
09-14-05, 11:56 AM

What?? You better get them to fess up what really happened. No bullcrap either, you need the truth.

Get pissed if you have to, something happened that they are not telling you.