Cadillac Owners Forum banner

07 Escalade shuts off after driving and won't restart right away

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  beatmatched 
#1 ·
I have a 07 Escalade that will shut off after driving when my foot is taken of the gas, and it won't restart until it
has set for a couple of hours. It drives fine and runs fine as long as the gas pedal is being pressed. The amount of time driven or the distance driven does not matter for this issue to occur. There are no OBD codes stored, the
vehicle has a strong spark, and the fuel pressure is good. I had the vehicle towed to the dealership. The dealershipcompleted the same checks and found that BCM had lost communication. There were a lot of B codes and U codesstored. They pulled the ECM and BCM, cleaned and lubed the connectors because of fretting. They also replaced
the ignition switch because the power it supplied to some component was below the threshold. The vehicle worked fine for about 600 miles and now it has happened again. Warranty up! HELP

#3 ·
I have an 07 escalade with 93k mile on it. It did the same thing. It would stalled and will not start back up. Tolled it to the dealer and they replaced the control module for the fuel pump. They gave it to me and a day later it does the same thing. This time they kept it for a week and didn't find any problem. So they gave it back to me and a day later it didn't the same. They drove it around for a week again and not figure out the issues. I'm so frustrated and scare to drive it. They also changed my ground cable from the battery to the frame. My battery is a year old. I sure they test all that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.