: '05 now becomes '06

SwissCaddi
09-13-05, 04:55 PM
I ordered my SRX back in April and was told to expect it in 3-4 months. Now I am told I have to wait until October (!) and that it will be an '06 model. Maybe it is just as well to wait some more. Does anybody know what changes, if any, there are between the '05 and '06 model ?

caddycruiser
09-13-05, 05:16 PM
Yep (and they're good ones too :thumbsup: ):
Deletions
Exterior color (29U) Red Line
Exterior color (62U) Moonstone
Exterior color (92U) Silver Green
Interior color (702) Light Neutral
(PCQ) Luxury Comfort Package
(PDL) Luxury Utility Package
(N93) 17" wheels (new style for 2006)
(QF8) 18" wheels (new style for 2006)

New Features
Exterior color (46U) Stealth Gray
Exterior color (53U) Radiant Bronze
Exterior color (71U) Blackberry
Exterior color (80U) Infrared. Available at extra cost.
(Y40) Luxury Level One Package
(Y41) Bose Premium Sound System Package
(Y42) Driver's Level One Package
(Y44) Seating Package
(Y45) Utility package
Interior color (332) Cashmere. Includes color-keyed instrument panel, top pad and burled walnut wood accents
(TB5) Power rear liftgate
(N93) 17" wheels (restyled for 2006)
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/images/lightduty/wheels/06srx17rpo_n93wheel.jpg
(QF8) 18" wheels (restyled for 2006)
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/images/lightduty/wheels/06srx18rpo_qf8wheel.jpg

Changes
(B19) Wood Trim now includes burled walnut wood accents on center stack when (U2R) or (U2S) sound systems are ordered
(U2K) XM Satellite Radio now standard on all PEGs

BaseBoy
09-15-05, 09:30 PM
As mentioned on this list, the door sills are narrower. I saw the 06 door sills today (without a camera). They are a definite improvement. But as before exiting will still require a deliberate pivot to avoid rubbing against the sill.

Dripps
09-30-05, 10:09 PM
SwissCaddi, why is wait so long for your SRX? I have a 1 year old 05 SRX and although I love the car, have decided to sell for smaller sedan (my husband has the Lexus Hybrid SUV). I took it to dealer today to see about trade-in and he couldn't even give me price....my value has gone down so much! After spending around $52000 to get model with every bell and whistle (Nav and DVD, XM, sunroof and 5 yr/100,000 warranty) I finding Kelly Blue Book gives car value less than $37,000! I'm very disappointed in the way this car lost value! WHY are you seeing wait to get hold of new car??

miked
10-01-05, 03:15 AM
I believe that they really slowed down production of the SRX due to high inventories and relatively slow sales.

caddycruiser
10-03-05, 03:25 PM
SwissCaddi, why is wait so long for your SRX? I have a 1 year old 05 SRX and although I love the car, have decided to sell for smaller sedan (my husband has the Lexus Hybrid SUV). I took it to dealer today to see about trade-in and he couldn't even give me price....my value has gone down so much! After spending around $52000 to get model with every bell and whistle (Nav and DVD, XM, sunroof and 5 yr/100,000 warranty) I finding Kelly Blue Book gives car value less than $37,000! I'm very disappointed in the way this car lost value! WHY are you seeing wait to get hold of new car??

Because he had ordered late in the '05 model year run and by time his order actually hit the build system, they had switched over to start making '06s. Thus, he had to wait a little longer to get it and it will technically be a year newer.

As for your SRX's value plummeting, that'll happen with any new car, especially those like yours that are so grossly overpriced to begin with--the $37k trade in actually seems quite good, and you'd probably never even get that. You can't expect to buy an expensive new car at a considerable discount (I'm assuming you got a pretty nice chunk knocked off MSRP) and then get a trade-in value later on of not much lower, because people can go into the dealer and buy a new one for that price.

Plus the fact that the SRX has turned out to be a relatively slow seller doesn't help resale matters.

miked
10-03-05, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I think that a price decrease of $5K would go a long way to helping SRX sales. The SRX fully loaded just isn't a $60K vehicle, perhaps a $55K vehicle. It should start in the low 30's, not in the high 30's. Etc.

caddycruiser
10-03-05, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I think that a price decrease of $5K would go a long way to helping SRX sales. The SRX fully loaded just isn't a $60K vehicle, perhaps a $55K vehicle. It should start in the low 30's, not in the high 30's. Etc.

I agree 100%--as nice as it is, just under $40k for a base RWD V6 model is just WAY too much. And it only gets worse as you add even one or two options.