: SRT/4 Neon walks me, redeemed myself at the expense of a brand new E55 AMG

jimbohenson
09-13-05, 12:53 PM
Got going with a new SRT4 Neon, rolling 45 or so, start to pull away hard, he blows NOS and dissapears with my testicles in his pocket :want: , blows a red lite at 110+, Brembos keep me halfway legal. Later that day I catch an ususpecting E55 AMG (with dealer plates), were rolling about 60 on the tollway. Lets just say my testes are right back where they should be. The look on his face was priceless to say the least. Life is good.

Luna.
09-13-05, 12:55 PM
Got going with a new SRT4 Neon, rolling 45 or so, start to pull away hard, he blows NOS and dissapears with my testicles in his pocket :want: , blows a red lite at 110+, Brembos keep me halfway legal. Later that day I catch an ususpecting E55 AMG (with dealer plates), were rolling about 60 on the tollway. Lets just say my testes are right back where they should be. The look on his face was priceless to say the least. Life is good.

An SRT4 Neon? Even with NOS I find that very interesting, but okay. :)

And I wish you had a pic to share of the E55 driver...lol

Florian
09-13-05, 12:56 PM
Any car with spray is gonna hand you your nads. Fact of life. But beating an E55 is quite a feat. Enjoy the smackdown on the Benz, get used to sleepers wanting to play.

F

Joey'sVee
09-13-05, 01:19 PM
Not shocked :shocked2: at all that the NOS Neon walked you. I bet you wouuld love to have went :nyanya: to the E55. :lildevil:

haveboost
09-13-05, 01:30 PM
Guys don't be surprised. The neon doesn't need spray. Dodge sells turbo upgrades and a whole book full of go fast goodies. I've seen those things pull 10's in the quarter with traps in the 130's.

The E55 will kill all of us any day. I'm sure he wasn't really tring. Or he has no clue on how to drive. Not to kill your buzz but I've driven a few of these monsters and they're something else.

Now if you get him on the track you'll kill him.

urbanski
09-13-05, 01:44 PM
an alarm just sounded across the internet when you called an SRT4 a "Neon"....that cars owners are now going to descend upon you and smack you down :p

Luna.
09-13-05, 01:53 PM
Guys don't be surprised. The neon doesn't need spray. Dodge sells turbo upgrades and a whole book full of go fast goodies. I've seen those things pull 10's in the quarter with traps in the 130's.

The E55 will kill all of us any day. I'm sure he wasn't really tring. Or he has no clue on how to drive. Not to kill your buzz but I've driven a few of these monsters and they're something else.

Now if you get him on the track you'll kill him.

I thought I watched, via this forum, an SRT8 literally toying with a modified Neon, so even with an additional ~100-150HP, I'd be a little shocked, but whatever.

And I bet we take the E55 with a maggie and a stealthV tune...:cool2:

V-Beach
09-13-05, 02:20 PM
Rolling from 60 the Benz will hand you your nads as well.

Luna.
09-13-05, 02:37 PM

If it could, I guarantee (on paper) it would be close (all things equal). It would most likely have less HP, similar torque, in a heavier body (the damn thing weighs in around 4,100 lbs).

I'm not so sure about handing anyone their nads...

Until I see it, my $$ is on the blown V with stealthV tune. :p

EDIT--Unless it was a platinum one--then it would probably lose in all cases...:histeric:

KillerVette
09-13-05, 04:06 PM
Its a waste of money to upgrade those stupid neons! IMO Go up to a guy that has a SRT4 and call it a neon (cause thats what it is) and they get a offensive. its funny.

CVP33
09-13-05, 05:58 PM
Not everyone has $50K, the SRT-4 is a great bang for the buck and an excellent platform for mod's.

Also, they are not nad's, they are MAN MARBLES. Get it straight.

Seattle CTS-V
09-13-05, 06:26 PM
I've seen bone stock SRT-4's run 14.0@101. Throw in a 100-shot and a well-driven one can hit low 13's.

On the other hand, I've seen Stage 3 SRT-4's run low 14's when they should be high 12's. Anything can happen in a manual tranny car.

crowan
09-13-05, 07:19 PM
The E55 pilot may have tried to use the manual shift rather than just mashing to go peddle, which can be confusing for beginners.

Whatever the case, the bragging rights go to Jim!

CR

Koooop
09-13-05, 07:28 PM

No shit, at any point the E55 AMG Kompressors blow the doors off our V, you might be near one 0-55 but at that point it's just all over when 517 ft lbs of torque "hands you your nads". I'm sure Maggie would help to even things out a bit but those things 12.5 quarters stock.

But then for 90 large one would expect to be at or near the top of the food chain.

Luna.
09-13-05, 07:56 PM
but those things 12.5 quarters stock.

I thought a stock V with maggie ran mid-12s as well, but perhaps I am wrong (that surely seems reasonable to me though...).

Further, stock the engine puts out what--395 lb feet? If maggie adds ~90 more, that's 485 lb feet right there. Perhaps I'm missing something, but that should give a E55 one heck of a run right there, especially when considering that the E55 weighs ~couple hundred lbs more.

Factor in a Stealth V tune on top of that...that makes things a little interesting in my mind...:thumbsup:

-uplink-
09-13-05, 08:17 PM
Are you sure it was juice and not just turbo lag from an improperly oversized unit? I have a 1993 Iroc R/T Daytona (one of the 400 limited edition Lotus headed 2.2L's) that came with 224hp stock. With mild mods (not even injectors or ECM tune) the car is pushing just shy of 300 crank hp on the stock turbo (15psi factory boost) in a 3000lb car. I gutted a decent ammount but that's weight with me in it and rear metal window louvers. There's a few guys with them that are pushing 500fwhp (@30psi-ish) before the heads warp and lift off the block, even with ARP studs. The car will hit 150 no problem.

From a stop or even slow roll, until the boost kicks in, it has all the muscle of the 2.2. Bums push shopping carts past me. Once the turbo hits, clean your shorts. :getaway: In winter, the car is undriveable past 3krpm.

The down side is, a lot of these cars are broken more often than they are working because of the flaming hamster theory. 'You can light a hamster on fire and it will turn the wheel faster... but for how long.' Mine sits outside with a cracked head as we speak. :bighead:
-Mike

W650
09-13-05, 08:46 PM
I owned an SRT-4 before the V and the reason I had bought it...

Bang for the Buck - they are really amazing vehicles for 20K. Light, okay handling, good braking and a real kick in the pants. Once you get used to the FWD it is really a ball to toss around. And yes, it is a pretty damn fast vehicle - I had only done a short shift kit and a few other minor mods (like taking off the shopping cart wing), but part of the appeal was the Stage upgrades - and I shudder at buying Mopar stuff from my all rat upbringing.

So why did I sell it and get my V? It was a longing for an LS-6 I suppose - nothing can beat it for pure driving fun. And the Caddie is sooo much nicer to drive as an everyday car, and etc etc etc - the V is really an amazing car for an everyday corporate driver and blast at the track.

But don't dispariage the SRT-4, it is a hell of a car. It is nice to see a manufacturer in the US make a car that a few younger kids can work on and have fun with, or a middle age guy laugh his ass off in....

And btw, with a good launch in my old SRT I think I could hang with the V, until we hit about 80 mph....

Barak
09-15-05, 12:18 AM
I personally love SRT4's. My friend owns one and that thing is a blast to drive. I'd take one any day over an EVO simply because the turbo spools instantly, where the EVO I nearly fall asleep before the turbo spools. I've never driven an STI so I can't give a comparison there. Now as far as a race against the V, I can beat my friends stage 2 SRT4 by more than a few cars as long as I get a decent launch. I admit that I did lose to him once by a hair on a very bad launch.

I love the AMG's but I hate Mercedes. I would think that a Maggied V would beat an E55, since at that point the V would have more power and still less weight. Doesn't an E55 have 470hp?

Dennisscars
09-15-05, 12:31 AM
jimbohenson don't mind the howlers, good run...:thumbsup:

http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/Assets/howlers.jpg

Dennisscars
09-15-05, 12:44 AM
... flaming hamster theory. 'You can light a hamster on fire and it will turn the wheel faster... but for how long.'
-Mike

Now that's funny right there...:histeric:

not about furry little animals on fire, but turning the wheel faster...:duck:

-uplink-
09-20-05, 01:50 AM
Now that's funny right there...:histeric:

not about furry little animals on fire, but turning the wheel faster...:duck:

Hehe, we came up with that the time my friend put nitrous on his Laser. He made 1 pass down the road with the front end hopping all over the place before the manifold blew off. :eek:
-Mike