: Bet your Ultraview doesn't do this.

djfcars
09-13-05, 03:48 AM
In searching the past threads on owners problems on Ultraview roofs, I have only come across owners complaining on how noisy they are. Consider yourself lucky.

When I push the button to close the roof, it gets to the cloth visor and then stops and reverses itself back a few inches. I have to hold the switch down to get it to close. Its even going slower now. It worked great before. One push and it would go by itself. Now after opening it only 5 or so times, its not right.

I just got the thing out of the shop for a bad wire problem and now more problems.

Anyone out there ever have this problem???

Djfcars

vdo
09-13-05, 10:36 AM
My '04 did the exact same thing about a year into ownership. I brought it into service and they supposedly cleaned and lubed the rails and it fixed the problem.

djfcars
09-14-05, 12:48 AM
Well I had some spare time today and took a look at the Ultraview. I noticed the back brackets on the glass slide back in a rubber weatherstrip. I used some silicone spray lube in the rubber channel and worked the roof a few times. The Ultraview responded faster and finally back to the normal speed!

Some silicone grease in the side channels helped a little.

Then, I was able to restore the automatic feature that seamed gone yesterday.

Thanks VDO-You pointed me in the right direction on this.:yup:

djfcars

keeton
09-14-05, 01:45 AM
Yeah, mine does this. I complained to the dealer who "could not reproduce the problem" so they just lubed the tracks. The problem persists, however, on an intermittent basis. Luckily, just holding the button allows it to close.

djfcars
09-14-05, 11:26 AM
Keeton-If you want to try to help your situation, I'll be glad to help-

The improvement on mine came from NOT lubing the track BUT lubing the rubber channel with silicone spray-do not use any type of grease here.
Also it occured to me that this will have to be done if you live in an area that gets a lot of rain. Washing the car too, will make this a regular job to have to perform.

djfcars

akdj1055
09-14-05, 10:20 PM
After several repair attempts, following the time my Ultra-view inexplicitly shattered ($4,800 repair), the dealer realized there is a sychonization sequence that needed to be performed to correct the exact situation described here. That solved it. I recall seeing it detailed in the owners manual. Try that if the symtoms reappear.

dkb1
11-07-05, 08:53 PM
My SRX is having this problem - but I cant seem to get the synchronization. The instructions seem complex. HOLD BOTH buttons but one in the close and one in open --does it have to be closed to begin with? - then release then it closes but mine doesnt do this.

I dont know - please assist. For right now I just hold the button till it closes. This is the same thing with the back seats - is it supposed to be this way?

David

djfcars
11-10-05, 12:45 AM
Hi David,
First things first. It is normal to hold down the rear seat button. With that said, on the ultraview, I lost the auto feature on the roof but was able to get it back. I can't say excatly what I did but I kept closing it and opening it up.

I wish I could help you more.

Spray some silicone lube in the rubber channels and work the roof back and forth a few times. This cured the roof being to slow on closing.

djfcars

05SRX
11-25-05, 03:20 PM
Close the roof and the shade.

Hold both buttons in the closed position for 12 seconds and release.

That will do it.