: PROJECT 600hp+cts-v(Q's to be answered)

detant_xavier
09-12-05, 04:13 PM
Hi guys .I am thinking of building a sleeper which can match the pricey new M5 and the AMG E55.In fact i dont have many choices charger srt-8 was my first choice but it is damn heavy and already upgraded to 6.1 litres ,new mustang gt or the GTO was another option but they were 2 door coupes that were hard to fit in sleeper catagory.Indeed the new M5 is the real stuff and amazingly looks like just as if it is an ordinary sedan.Due to import tax policies (I live in TURKEY) these cars belong to luxury tax scales and their prices reach as high as 225 GRANDS for M5 and 195 for the AMG.I know it sounds crazy but that's how thing work here.After all i was at the edge of quitting until when my technician came and said hey we could easily built a 600 hp 451 cid N/A from either ls 6 or ls2 engine base and asked me what do i think about the cts-v.(his expertise is in pushrod engines) and added it would coust us around 20 thousand dollars for engine modifications..I at first stand against the idea due to handling issues and told him we can not hold it on the road but the more i read these forums and search the more i learn how this car handles so well.
I was also thinking that CTS-V looks very aggressive and does not fit in sleeper word .But hey at the end it is really a 4 door sedan for 4 people and my wife could use it daily with the baby on board badge on the rear windowhttp://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_stretch.gif if we does not put any further cosmetic body kits it will look still a sedan.
So i am hyped again and a serious search began.Here i have a few Q's and would be very happy if you guys dare to share your view's and thoughs with me.

1-)I need a car first.As far as i know the new 2006 cts-v does not bring much on the table except the ls2 version engine which is not important in my case .The suspension is same ,looks same maybe a few cosmetics..But the price is important cadillac web site says 51 thousand dollars for the new 2006.I do not remember now but in some threads i read deals that goes as low as 40 or 41 dollars for 2005 cts-v (not second hand was first hand) and i can not export a second hand car.Is that true that i can find a new 2005 V for 40 grand ?any help would be highly appreciated(that converts to 85-90 dollars here for me which is tolerable)

2-)Searched through numerous forums and and saw people having rearend and diff problems if that is the real case and not driver fault i would have to reconsider it because we are talking 600 hp here with further 100-200 NOS spraying.I am a bit confused here cause I went through webpages of Mallet,Lingenfelter,Moore and e.t.c but their kits has no additional drivetrain or suspension modifications needed.So what is up all this drivetrain whining Are there any drivetrain upgrades in the aftermarket available and how much would it cost?(would new STS-v rear end fit in with CTS-v)
3-)I also heard a lot about wheel hop issues and due to it low 60' numbers.
Does the Gm solutions worked or should i go for aftermarket solutions.(like KRS STAGE 3).I saw people going lower for a better stance and looks but the stock tuned suspension really does good right?
4-)I went through webpages of Mallet,Lingenfelter,Moore and e.t.c but their kits seems highly pricey do you guys know additinioal performance guru's.

IF all goes well i can finish this project in range of 110 dollars which is half the price of the mighty new M5 and would be able to pass by him as it stands still.

Sorry for a long thread but i am really hyped for this project any help for the Q's above will really help me and highly appreciated .Sorry for the poor English.Thanks All.

kimcheejeegae
09-12-05, 04:18 PM
Hi guys .I am thinking of building a sleeper which can match the pricey new M5 and the AMG E55.In fact i dont have many choices charger srt-8 was my first choice but it is damn heavy and already upgraded to 6.1 litres ,new mustang gt or the GTO was another option but they were 2 door coupes that were hard to fit in sleeper catagory.Indeed the new M5 is the real stuff and amazingly looks like just as if it is an ordinary sedan.Due to import tax policies (I live in TURKEY) these cars belong to luxury tax scales and their prices reach as high as 225 GRANDS for M5 and 195 for the AMG.I know it sounds crazy but that's how thing work here.After all i was at the edge of quitting until when my technician came and said hey we could easily built a 600 hp 451 cid N/A from either ls 6 or ls2 engine base and asked me what do i think about the cts-v.(his expertise is in pushrod engines) and added it would coust us around 20 thousand dollars for engine modifications..I at first stand against the idea due to handling issues and told him we can not hold it on the road but the more i read these forums and search the more i learn how this car handles so well.
I was also thinking that CTS-V looks very aggressive and does not fit in sleeper word .But hey at the end it is really a 4 door sedan for 4 people and my wife could use it daily with the baby on board badge on the rear windowhttp://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_stretch.gif if we does not put any further cosmetic body kits it will look still a sedan.
So i am hyped again and a serious search began.Here i have a few Q's and would be very happy if you guys dare to share your view's and thoughs with me.

1-)I need a car first.As far as i know the new 2006 cts-v does not bring much on the table except the ls2 version engine which is not important in my case .The suspension is same ,looks same maybe a few cosmetics..But the price is important cadillac web site says 51 thousand dollars for the new 2006.I do not remember now but in some threads i read deals that goes as low as 40 or 41 dollars for 2005 cts-v (not second hand was first hand) and i can not export a second hand car.Is that true that i can find a new 2005 V for 40 grand ?any help would be highly appreciated(that converts to 85-90 dollars here for me which is tolerable)

2-)Searched through numerous forums and and saw people having rearend and diff problems if that is the real case and not driver fault i would have to reconsider it because we are talking 600 hp here with further 100-200 NOS spraying.I am a bit confused here cause I went through webpages of Mallet,Lingenfelter,Moore and e.t.c but their kits has no additional drivetrain or suspension modifications needed.So what is up all this drivetrain whining Are there any drivetrain upgrades in the aftermarket available and how much would it cost?(would new STS-v rear end fit in with CTS-v)
3-)I also heard a lot about wheel hop issues and due to it low 60' numbers.
Does the Gm solutions worked or should i go for aftermarket solutions.(like KRS STAGE 3).I saw people going lower for a better stance and looks but the stock tuned suspension really does good right?
4-)I went through webpages of Mallet,Lingenfelter,Moore and e.t.c but their kits seems highly pricey do you guys know additinioal performance guru's.

IF all goes well i can finish this project in range of 110 dollars which is half the price of the mighty new M5 and would be able to pass by him as it stands still.

Sorry for a long thread but i am really hyped for this project any help for the Q's above will really help me and highly appreciated .Sorry for the poor English.Thanks All.

$110,000 is not half the price of a new M5..... unless you live in asia and have to pay 100% car taxes.

If you want a 600+ hp CTS-V... here's what you do and this will require LOTS of money.

1. Penske fully adjustable coilovers from Mallett
2. 427 LS7 small block (build one with low compression pistons, heads.... i mean build this bitch to handle TONS of power)
3. Upgrade the Tranny to handle the power, upgrade the clutch to handle the power
4. Upgrade the diff.. take your car to Hennessey and have them rebuild the rear end with Quiafe parts
5. Go to More Performance and have them install the 12lb Procharger Supercharger..
6. Then retrofit a 100-200 NOS kit...
7. Upgrade brake lines to stainless steel, new aggressive pads, better high temp brake fluid like Motul 600 or CAstrol SRF
__________________________________________________ _____
total.... TOOOOO MUCH $$$$$$

Just buy the new C6 Z06.. and smoke the M5 and E55 in stock form!! =))

Drift-caddy
09-12-05, 04:24 PM
Well, from you post i am kinda confused. you want the best but want it cheap. There is a reason why compains charge so much for there work, that is because we have broken them and fixed them and found a way to make them stronger. And when the stock rear will not work we have upgraded it. Both BMR and KARs make a great product and we sell and install all of there parts. If you are looking at 600hp and up and want a 5k clutch dump then your stock rear will be sitting on the road waiting for you to pick it up. Then you state that you are willing to spend over 110k on car and mods. Well if super car range is where you want to be then this should do it. the biggest probelm is not the engine nor is it the rear end, we have rears that will hold your 600hp and plus, the next biggest problem you will have is the trans. A stock M6 is not that great at high Hp and speed shifts. If you are truley intressted in this then let me know. Also we sell the Peneske shock for your car.Just so you know a project like this will not take 1 or 2 weeks but more like 12 weeks, if you want this done right and done right the first time. Well thanks for you time and hope to see your V on the road and cleaning house, take care

thanks

Damian

703/448/6210
DamianHarney@moorecadillac.com

detant_xavier
09-12-05, 04:27 PM
I knew i hold the thread too long so you missed my words but yes i do not live in U.S and yes 110 dollars is half the price of new M5 which is 225 here in Turkey.Whatever thanks for the quick response but can you be more specific on upgrading the tranny not the engine we are almost done with how we will mod the engine but not the tranny?

1MEANV
09-12-05, 04:34 PM
right now my v is making 500 rwhp. soon it will be 600-700 rwhp.

detant_xavier
09-12-05, 04:49 PM
Hi Damian I knew this would happen.My english is not good enough so i think that is why you get confused .I will try to explain a bit more.First of all yes i am very serious.But i do not think 110 dollars is cheap and that is what my budget is.So i must search hard .As i mentioned before first i must buy a car it does not have to be filled with lots of accesories i mean all i need is a sunroof at the most no nav no xm sirius or no automatic tranny needed.If i can a find V in range of 41-42 dolars that will convert to me between 85-90 dollars here in Turkey .So that leaves 20 or 25 on the wallet.My issues and worries is not about how to mod the engine as you said it is about the tranny the diff and maybe the susp??I would be very happy if i learn the price of upgrading these parts because i couldn not find a healthy data about these parts all i could find was engine package pricing and that was what i found pricey sorry if you took it offensive as yourself being a shop owner i guess.What i mean is if i will go over my budget i know how much more.I will take a another look to your website to see if i missed something. Thanks for the quick reply also

urbanski
09-12-05, 05:42 PM
just call Mallett or Lingenfelter, have them build you a car and ship it over there.

Turkey...wow...welcome!!!

trukk
09-12-05, 09:10 PM
Just contact Mallet or LPE, and get them to work out exactly what you want. Either of the cars that they entered into Car and Drivers Supercar shootout would be a true ass-kicker. I'm sure they could work it out to try and retain that true 'sleeper' feel to the car (i.e. no headers, and a 'tamer' exhaust).

I'd go with an '05. If you hunt around and are patient you can get one for low 40's. The botique tunners won;t have a CTS-V kit for an '06 LS2 for a while, also.

I'm not sure how service would be done on the vehicle over there. One thing is for sure, I'd keep about 5k of your budget for purchasing and then installing the new '06 rear end (or equivalent aftermarket, if something actually appears).

Without a doubt a 427 C5R based CTS-V would be unique in your country (hell probabaly nearly all of europe, too). I'd expect M BMW's and AMG's are a dime a dozen over there amoung the uber-riche. Be unique and RIDICULOUSLY FAST!

Please keep us updated, and then if you do make a purchase, I'd LOVE to see some pictures of an ultimate V in a scenice turkish setting.

Good Luck,

Chris