: Running a wire from the Ashtray to the trunk...

Joey'sVee
09-11-05, 02:43 PM
I'm putting a bass boost controller in the ashtray and I'm running the wire (looks like a phone cord) from the back of the ashtray to the trunk (where the amp will be mounted. I want to avoid running the wire near anything that could scuff or burn the wire. Does anyone have a schematic or diagram showing the best route to run a wire to the trunk? Does anyone have any tips on what I should try to avoid? :cheers:

GT04CTS-V
09-11-05, 03:49 PM
When I installed the fuel pump booster for the maggie I ran the wire inside the car. I removed the drivers side kick panel and carpet edge moldings and ran the wire next to the factory wires. I then fished the wire behind the rear seat into the trunk.

Nice and clean, no worries about heat damage.

GT

DILLIGAF
09-11-05, 09:05 PM
I'd go alittle further and save that power outlet

ctsvett
09-11-05, 09:12 PM
I agree with GTO4, Run it over the driver side wheel well, down the kick panel and under the door sill (front and back) then up into the trunk.

1. Be carefuly if you remove the kick panel not to break the tabs...
2. You may not actually need to remove the panel, you can just shove the cable under the lip
3. you will need to remove the ashtray part of the dash and fish the wire to the driver side wheel well -Not hard

This process is actually very easy!

Reed

urbanski
09-11-05, 09:16 PM
yeah but that damn ashtray is a PAIN to get on and off...i lost that little gear thingy LOL

slow35th
09-11-05, 09:26 PM
If I was goin' to run someting from the trunk to the ashtray it would be a hose to that keg I keep back there :alchi:

ctsvett
09-11-05, 09:35 PM
Urby,
I meant to take the entire Panel (AC and ash tray off).. its MUCH easier.. One screw and a few clips (which just pull out)...

That way you will have plenty of room to reach your hand back there and feed the wire to the driver side foot well (I said wheel well above in my previous post but I meant foot well).

Reed

Joey'sVee
09-11-05, 10:34 PM
OK. I did it. I got the wire through the back of the ashtray, where the hole is. It was very easy to tuck under everything. I didn't know of a better way to get around the rear seat so I ran it back as far as I could then tucked it into the seat and behind the left rear seat belt and pulled the seat down and got it into the trunk. Can't see a thing! Does anyone see any problems with running it behind the seat belt like that?

ctsvett
09-11-05, 11:48 PM
tucked it into the seatbelt? I am consfused.. My seatbelt is on my seat.

Reed

ssmith100
09-12-05, 12:02 AM
Next to the lighter plug is a good place for the control knob.:D

Shane

Joey'sVee
09-12-05, 09:41 AM
Thats a clean set up smith!

ctsvette, i ran it under the lip of the kick panal and all the way down the side just by tucking it under. When I got to the back seat, I ran it under the seat (still tucking it under the lip) as far as I could then up over the side of the seat and behind the bottom of the seat belt. Then I laid the seat down and pulled the wire through the seat (where it bends) and up into the trunk. then I went back and tucked the wire in where I went around the seat so nothing shows. I hope this is the best way to get around the back seat.

ctsvett
09-12-05, 03:12 PM
Yes, I think thats how I did it.

Reed