: I'm thinking about getting the heat pad under the hood painted...

Joey'sVee
09-11-05, 12:12 AM
Has anyone done this. I was going to buy an other head pad (not sure if that is what it is called) from the dealer and getting a big V airbrushed on it. Has anyone else tried this? Anyone have a part number??? :thumbsup:

markbinkc
09-11-05, 04:05 AM
Has anyone done this. I was going to buy an other head pad (not sure if that is what it is called) from the dealer and getting a big V airbrushed on it. Has anyone else tried this? Anyone have a part number??? :thumbsup:

Have you seen Car Motorsports underhood trim?

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/imglib/int-trim.html

Mark

1MEANV
09-11-05, 10:30 AM
i rippedmine off. it looks better with outit. the underbelly of the hood is a ll honey combed. it looks good without it

ctsvett
09-11-05, 01:28 PM
I would be careful just taking it off.. .remember, our hood is aluminum...

Reed

slow35th
09-11-05, 01:35 PM
i rippedmine off. it looks better with outit. the underbelly of the hood is a ll honey combed. it looks good without it

I took mine off one time to clean it. It did look good without it but I was worried about the heat under there having an adverse effect on the paint. It gets very hot in South Texas in addition to the heat produced by the LS6.

Joey'sVee
09-11-05, 01:44 PM
Has anyone ever had one painted? I was wondering how it would look. Does anyone know the part number?