: Changing Cabin Filter

nstar
09-10-05, 04:46 PM
I tried to change cabin filter but when I pulled plastic vent off cowl there was no filter to be found. I have AWD V8 04 ????????????:confused: Has anyone changed one yet?

sgilbert
09-10-05, 05:14 PM
I tried, but couldn't get it out! Gave up! It IS there, but hard to see.

vdo
09-10-05, 06:16 PM
I changed mine last weekend. No tools was needed. I bought the filter from the dealer for $26 (part# 25740404).

Once you remove the cowl, you have to remove the filter cover which is held in place with two snaps; one on each end. Once the cover is off, you should be able to see the filter. Just reach in and wiggle it out, and make sure to note the orientation (there should be an "air flow" arrow on the filter). Replace with a new filter and put everything back together in reverse order.

I changed the filter at 30k miles and it was pretty dirty and moldy looking.

MortnCyn
09-13-05, 12:48 PM
Checked mine today and it looks OK. Do know the guy that designed it does not have to change them on a regular basis. Hard to get the filter out and more difficult to get it back in due to interference at the hood. Filter just seems to drop in a hole rather than fitting into any sort of a guide. Hate to say it but it is typical U.S. fit and finish. Too many things to nick the fingers and back of the hands. Will wear gloves next time.

The filter location brings up the rotten egg smell some had with a battery problem in the past. The battery is located directly in front of the air inlet for the cabin air system.