: South Florida Cobra Troopers...

dannystang
09-10-05, 12:01 PM
Hey guys, just an FYI for anyone in South Florida...

State Troopers had Muaraders...

From what ive seen lately I guess their in white COBRAS...

So be careful out there.

ahahnu
09-10-05, 01:24 PM
The Mauraders were in HOT ROD magazine. They said the cops went to special drivers training for them. They got like 20 of them all tinted out becareful.

SoFlaV
09-12-05, 12:53 AM
About a month ago on 595 I saw a blue Dodge Magnum with tint and lights mounted inside it; wonder how effective that thing would be.

Still, for pure stealth, it can't beat the crapped out Dodge Caravan I saw pulling someone over in Chicago two years ago. No lie.

-uplink-
09-12-05, 02:02 AM
State Troopers here on Long Island used to have the late model Z28 SS's. Not sure why they did away with them but they haven't been around it ~3 years.
http://www.sspmustang.org/camaro/camaro191.htm
-Mike

luvmyVluvmyV
09-12-05, 02:13 AM
Oregon state police has about 4 sporty looking, newer Camaros. Powerful engines, hidden lights, etc.... Their purpose is to catch reckless drivers. I went on a ride along with a trooper a couple of months back. It was sad. We, meaning all of us V owners, could easily have gotten caught. Fast cars would come alongside and look over and then gun it. It wasn't fun lighting the guys up and then having the trooper put his hat on and walk up with a ticket book in hand. Sneaky. (If you're ever in Oregon; the Camaros are solid blue.)

urbanski
09-12-05, 09:47 AM
you guys need to move to San Antonio.....all they use is crown vics either plain or typical cop colors. and they only use Ka radar, keeping it on all the time. The V1 pics them up 1 mile ahead of time lol

M5eatr
09-12-05, 10:27 AM
A little off topic but a question for uplink...I have been going out to the Hamptons and notioced that the city cops use Ka, but the radar detector is silent with the Nassau and Sufolk County cops on 495. Are they using laser? Haven't been caught yet or I wouldn't be asking.

-uplink-
09-12-05, 10:55 AM
Yeah, they do seem to use instant on or laser. I got bagged by a laser trap. They do it a lot. Mine was a motorcycle cop with his bike parked on a side street in the bushes. He was standing behind a tree on the main road and when I came over the hill he just walked out into the road with his hand up and showed my speed on the gun.

Another thing you have to be wary of are the random sticker stops. They are notorious for doing that during peak traffic times when you have nowhere to go. They will stop everyone using entrance/exit ramps or walk around intersections checking registrations/inspections. The most common places are Glen Cove Rd. from the Expressway, 110 from the Expressway, 110 just South of Northern State, 231 at the entrance to Northern State, and 347/25 intersection. What a racket plus it causes HUGE traffic backups.

-Mike

M5eatr
09-14-05, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the info. I got to get a laser jammer installed next then. My friend had a hard wired, stealth sytem just put into a SL AMG 55. The jammer is adjustable to jam for 5 seconds, giving you enough time to slow down, hopefully. Jammers are illegal in NY so it has to be concealed and not give the PO too much of a clue. You can't blast past him completely as his gun gives him an error code.

wicked v
09-14-05, 03:35 AM
FYI, In California if you get a radar ticket that is only half the story. The radar is only used to confirm the speed. An officer must first visually estimate the speed of the vehicle. The radar is used to confirm the estimation. Officers are considered experts in speed estimation once completing a radar cert class, Hundreds of estimations must be completed and you have to be within 5 mph of the actual speed of each estimation. You can be found guilty on the estimation alone. The judge can throw out the radar and find you guilty on the estimation.:crying:

tomm
09-15-05, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the info. I got to get a laser jammer installed next then. My friend had a hard wired, stealth sytem just put into a SL AMG 55. The jammer is adjustable to jam for 5 seconds, giving you enough time to slow down, hopefully. Jammers are illegal in NY so it has to be concealed and not give the PO too much of a clue. You can't blast past him completely as his gun gives him an error code.

Laser Jammers are legal in NY and they are effective but its not a fullproof system. Most officers are trained to aim at the license plate first which is usually the flattest surface a cars front end. The jammers are designed to be mounted on your license plate and when they aim at your plate they will not get a reading. If they decide to aim higher at a headlight or your windshield they still could get a reading on you since there is only around an 18" effective range of protection from where the sensors are mounted.

Florian
09-15-05, 07:37 PM
LIDAR jammers are garbage....dont waste your money. :tisk: :thehand: My best bud is a motorcycle cop that does traffic detail on the weekends for extra $$. He told me jammers are a joke, he can pinpoint the windshield, side mirror, where ever and defeat those things. FYI I had one on my Camaro SS and still got tickets....

F

ace996
09-15-05, 08:35 PM
It has gotten pretty bad on Long Island this summer with the ticket-police. Seems a few incidents have really caused an increase in traffic violations. A few months back, a street race led to a couple being killed on their way home from a wedding, in a limo. This caused quite a stir in the local precincts and they are cutting NO slack.

I've often read posts of people running other cars up to 140+mph, I cringe at the thought of passing a cop at such speeds...in my car. Around here, you'd be lucky to not have the helicopters called and spend a bit in county lock-up. On the Ducati, its another story, they usually let us go but still not a pleasant feeling seeing the lights go on.

Be safe,
ace996

-uplink-
09-20-05, 02:36 AM
It has gotten pretty bad on Long Island this summer with the ticket-police. Seems a few incidents have really caused an increase in traffic violations. A few months back, a street race led to a couple being killed on their way home from a wedding, in a limo. This caused quite a stir in the local precincts and they are cutting NO slack.

I've often read posts of people running other cars up to 140+mph, I cringe at the thought of passing a cop at such speeds...in my car. Around here, you'd be lucky to not have the helicopters called and spend a bit in county lock-up. On the Ducati, its another story, they usually let us go but still not a pleasant feeling seeing the lights go on.

Be safe,
ace996

Suffolk County doesn't even let you plea tickets down like Nassau does. A few years back I was in court and one of the guys up first was a doctor with his lawyer present. He was on the way to an emergency call at the hospital and got a ticket for speeding. He had the full report from the call and everything. Judge said, 'Guilty, next.' :suspect:

They do get a little ticket happy in the very beginning and end of the summer.

Some of them are cool though. We got stopped on labor day at a checkpoint. My friend's truck had an expired inspection but he was on the way to drop it off at the shop. The cop let him go and just said watch out because they are heavy on the road that day.
-Mike

BliTzer
09-20-05, 02:47 AM
I can not remember the name of the company, nut i read somewhere there is jammer made out of Germany that is illegal in the states that is the best, it was called stealthbox or stealth something like that.. they where high, like almost 4k. im going to research that and see if i can find that article on that thing.. i remember it had one hell of a waarranty also.. give me a day or two to find unless someone else knows what im talking about... remember it wa made in Germany.

later blitzer

-uplink-
09-20-05, 03:07 AM
I can not remember the name of the company, nut i read somewhere there is jammer made out of Germany that is illegal in the states that is the best, it was called stealthbox or stealth something like that.. they where high, like almost 4k. im going to research that and see if i can find that article on that thing.. i remember it had one hell of a waarranty also.. give me a day or two to find unless someone else knows what im talking about... remember it wa made in Germany.

later blitzer

The problem with active radar jammers is they violate FCC regulations so you wind up dealing with a pesky little Federal offense if you get caught. :hide:
-Mike

Epik Liphe
09-20-05, 03:51 AM
i live in middle fl 45mins south of tampa in manatee county...your cop cars around here are generally crown victorias or chevy impalas.... and sometimes the highway tropper camaro