: 200+ miles with LPE CAI and no whistle at all

ntechnic
09-10-05, 08:41 AM
I'm lucky maybe, but I'm happy. In combo with StealthV's tune, the car rocks. Photos here:

http://www.novustechnic.com/ctsv/lpecai/

avfares
09-10-05, 01:05 PM
I am new to the forum and have just over 1,000 miles on my V. I just ordered mine did you notice a difference?

ntechnic
09-10-05, 05:23 PM
Unfortunately, I can't say what difference the CAI made on it's own. I sent my PCM off to StealthV and installed the LPE CAI while it was up on jacks. RIck tuned my PCM for the CAI. So I can't tell how it would have felt in isolation.

I can tell you, RUN don't walk to StealthV Engineering and get a tune. It makes a huge difference in enjoyment of the car. The improvements in drivability are hard to express. Search "Stealthv tune". I recommend the Trackpower tune.

avfares
09-10-05, 09:22 PM
did you buy an extra pcm or did you just send yours. If you did send yours how long did it take? I am on the fence about going with the stealthV only due to the fact of being without my car for a week.

urbanski
09-10-05, 09:25 PM
did you buy an extra pcm or did you just send yours. If you did send yours how long did it take? I am on the fence about going with the stealthV only due to the fact of being without my car for a week.
If you next-day your PCM to him, he'll work on it that day and next day it back. You won't be down anywhere near a week. Just e-mail him, schedule your appointment

avfares
09-10-05, 10:27 PM
Thanks for your input. I emailed stealthv about some other questions i have. thanks again.

ntechnic
09-11-05, 04:43 PM
I removed on Sunday, overnighted on Monday, and had the car back on the road on Thursday night. So three days.

But make sure you have an appointment date setup with Rick, he's just moved and he was swamped before the move. You don't want to send it to him without his knowing and agreeing in advance on the date.